The DBLP Advisory Board
Rules of procedure of the DBLP Advisory Board
Version of November 19th, 2011
Last update Thu May 23 23:54:54 2013
CET by the DBLP Team — Data released under the ODC-BY 1.0 license — See also our legal information page
- Task. The purpose of the DBLP Advisory Board is to provide support of and scientific supervision for the DBLP bibliography database. In particular, it
- defines the guidelines, standards and priorities regulating the inclusion of data in DBLP,
- monitors the quality of the database,
- supports DBLP by providing expertise,
- represents DBLP in the scientific community.
- Membership. The DBLP Advisory Board consists of computer science experts from different areas of computer science. The composition of the board aims for a balanced participation of all disciplines of computer science.
- Speaker. The full members of the DBLP Advisory Board elect one of their number as speaker. The speaker appoints and chairs the meetings of the board. The speaker is supported in all administrative matters by Schloss Dagstuhl LZI.
- Consultative members. The University of Trier and Schloss Dagstuhl LZI each appoint a consultative member to the DBLP Advisory Board. The board may appoint and dismiss additional consultative member.
- Meetings. The DBLP Advisory Board usually meets twice a year. Members may attend in person or by means of electronic communication. Meetings should be appointed at least six weeks before the meeting takes place.
- Resolutions. On motion of one of its full or consultative members, the DBLP Advisory Board may pass resolutions. Resolutions can be passed on regular meetings or by circular resolution. Resolutions need the support of the majority of the full members of the board to pass. In case of a tie, the resolution is rejected. Consultative members do not have a vote.
- Meeting notes. A summary of each meeting has to be written. The meeting notes should be made publicly available on the website of Schloss Dagstuhl LZI. If the meeting notes contain personal or sensitive data, these have to be stripped from the public meeting notes and an internal summary has to be written.