University Park, PA, USA John M. Carroll, Susanne Bødker, Julie Coughlin (Eds.):
Proceedings of the Conference on Designing Interactive Systems,University Park, PA, USA, June 26-28, 2006.
ACM 2006, ISBN 1-59593-367-0
Last update Sat May 25 01:53:19 2013
CET by the DBLP Team — Data released under the ODC-BY 1.0 license — See also our legal information page
- Sol J. Greenspan:
In search of lasting principles for designing interactive systems.
- Kim Halskov, Peter Dalsgård:
Inspiration card workshops.
- Khai N. Truong, Gillian R. Hayes, Gregory D. Abowd:
Storyboarding: an empirical determination of best practices and effective guidelines.
- Alissa Nicole Antle:
Child-personas: fact or fiction?
- Stuart Reeves, Tony P. Pridmore, Andy Crabtree, Jonathan Green, Steve Benford, Claire O'Malley:
The spatial character of sensor technology.
- Joonhwan Lee, Soojin Jun, Jodi Forlizzi, Scott E. Hudson:
Using kinetic typography to convey emotion in text-based interpersonal communication.
- Angela Chang, Hiroshi Ishii:
- Andy Crabtree, Steve Benford, Chris Greenhalgh, Paul Tennent, Matthew Chalmers, Barry Brown:
Supporting ethnographic studies of ubiquitous computing in the wild.
- Carrie Gates, Sriram Subramanian, Carl Gutwin:
DJs' perspectives on interaction and awareness in nightclubs.
- Ji-Young Oh, Wolfgang Stürzlinger, John W. Danahy:
SESAME: towards better 3D conceptual design systems.
- Christine E. Wania, Michael E. Atwood, Katherine W. McCain:
How do design and evaluation interrelate in HCI research?
- Phoebe Sengers, Bill Gaver:
Staying open to interpretation: engaging multiple meanings in design and evaluation.
- John Halloran, Eva Hornecker, Geraldine Fitzpatrick, Mark J. Weal, David E. Millard, Danius T. Michaelides, Don Cruickshank, David De Roure:
Unfolding understandings: co-designing UbiComp In Situ, over time.
- Alistair G. Sutcliffe, John Karat, Susanne Bødker, Bill Gaver:
Can we measure quality in design and do we need to?
- Andrew Warr, Eamonn O'Neill:
The effect of group composition on divergent thinking in an interaction design activity.
- Tuck Wah Leong, Frank Vetere, Steve Howard:
Randomness as a resource for design.
- Scott R. Klemmer, Björn Hartmann, Leila Takayama:
How bodies matter: five themes for interaction design.
- Stephen Davies, Scotty Allen, Jon Raphaelson, Emil Meng, Jake Engleman, Roger King, Clayton H. Lewis:
Popcorn: the personal knowledge base.
- Brian M. Landry, Mark Guzdial:
iTell: supporting retrospective storytelling with digital photos.
- Martin Brynskov, Martin Ludvigsen:
Mock games: a new genre of pervasive play.
- Ilpo Koskinen, Kristo Kuusela, Katja Battarbee, Anne Soronen, Frans Mäyrä, Jussi Mikkonen, Mari Zakrzewski:
Morphome: a constructive field study of proactive information technology in the home.
- T. Scott Saponas, Madhu K. Prabaker, Gregory D. Abowd, James A. Landay:
The impact of pre-patterns on the design of digital home applications.
- William W. Gaver, John Bowers, Andy Boucher, Andy Law, Sarah Pennington, Nicolas Villar:
The history tablecloth: illuminating domestic activity.
- Mie Nørgaard, Kasper Hornbæk:
What do usability evaluators do in practice?: an explorative study of think-aloud testing.
- Steven R. Haynes, Amie L. Skattebo, Jonathan A. Singel, Mark A. Cohen, Jodi L. Himelright:
Collaborative architecture design and evaluation.
- Bas Raijmakers, William W. Gaver, Jon Bishay:
Design documentaries: inspiring design research through documentary film.
- Antonio Rizzo:
The origin and design of intentional affordances.
- Steven Dow, T. Scott Saponas, Yang Li, James A. Landay:
External representations in ubiquitous computing design and the implications for design tools.
- Bilge Mutlu, Jodi Forlizzi, Illah R. Nourbakhsh, Jessica K. Hodgins:
The use of abstraction and motion in the design of social interfaces.
- Steve R. Harrison, Maribeth Back, Deborah G. Tatar:
"It's Just a Method!": a pedagogical experiment in interdisciplinary design.
- Antonella De Angeli, Alistair G. Sutcliffe, Jan Hartmann:
Interaction, usability and aesthetics: what influences users' preferences?
- Ron Wakkary, Marek Hatala:
ec(h)o: situated play in a tangible and audio museum guide.
- Darren J. Reed, Peter C. Wright:
Experiencing BLISS when becoming a bus passenger.
- Morten Kyng, Esben Toftdahl Nielsen, Margit Kristensen:
Challenges in designing interactive systems for emergency response.
- Jeremy P. Birnholtz:
Back to school: design principles for improving webcast interactivity from face-to-face classroom observation.
- M. Cameron Jones, Dinesh Rathi, Michael B. Twidale:
Wikifying your interface: facilitating community-based interface translation.
- Thomas Erickson, Wendy A. Kellogg, Mark Laff, Jeremy B. Sussman, Tracee Vetting Wolf, Christine A. Halverson, Denise Edwards:
A persistent chat space for work groups: the design, evaluation and deployment of loops.
- Bilge Mutlu:
An empirical framework for designing social products.
- Tara Matthews:
Designing and evaluating glanceable peripheral displays.
- Tuck Wah Leong:
Designing for experiences: randomness as a resource.
- Martin Ludvigsen:
Designing for social interaction: an experimental design research project.
- James R. Eagan:
Designing interfaces to enrich personalization.
- Abe Crystal:
Design research for a context-aware capture system to support biology education.
- Shahtab Wahid:
Investigating design knowledge reuse for interface development.
- Yolanda P. Jones:
"Just the facts ma'am?": a contextual approach to the legal information use environment.
- Maria C. R. Harrington:
Trees of life: models of children's creative processes.
- John R. Goodall:
Visualizing network traffic for intrusion detection.
- Blaine Hoffman, Helena M. Mentis, Matthew R. Peters, David J. Saab, Steve Schweitzer, James Spielvogel:
Exploring design as a research activity.
- Michael E. Atwood, Christine E. Wania:
Exploring the interrelationships between the design and evaluation of interactive systems.
- Magy Seif El-Nasr, Joshua B. Gross:
Fun & games: on the process of game design.