Richard H. Austing, Dennis M. Conti, Gerald L. Engel (Eds.):
Proceedings 1978 ACM Annual Conference, Washington, DC, USA, December 4-6, 1978, Volume II.
Last update Sun May 19 21:22:44 2013
CET by the DBLP Team — Data released under the ODC-BY 1.0 license — See also our legal information page
- Michael G. Walker:
Note: Pages 1 thru 501 will be found in volume 1. managing reliable software.
- R. Lanergan, B. Poynton:
Software engineering with standard assemblies.
- Gregory A. Marks:
Computer-assisted telephone interviewing in the survey research process (Panel Discussion).
- M. Howard Williams:
Yet another conversational programming language - BPL.
- Alfred C. Weaver:
A real-time, multi-task programming language for microprocessor-based industrial process control.
- Victor S. Foster:
MIDAS: A MID-level language for microprocessors.
- Carl Vorlander, Daniel B. Magraw, Gerald C. Schmitz, Theodore D. Puckorius:
Challenges to state information systems.
- David Burress:
The Wisconsin Tax Model system.
- Leland Blank, Sallie Nelson:
Developing and prioritizing data processing applications for municipalities.
- Richard D. Hackathorn:
Research issues of personal computing within the corporate environment.
- Barbara F. Ryan, Thomas A. Ryan Jr.:
Statistics and computer science: Problems in statistical computing of interest to computer scientists.
- F. M. Speed, G. Rex Bryce, James W. Frane, Thomas A. Ryan Jr., James Goodnight:
Statistics and computer science: Recent development in BMDP computing algorithms.
- Hubert E. Dunsmore, John D. Gannon:
Programming factors - language features that help explain programming complexity.
- Jeanne M. Lee, Ben Shneiderman:
Personality and programming: Time-sharing vs. batch preference.
- John D. Gannon:
Characteristic errors in programming languages.
- Norman Statland:
The impending impact of distributed information systems.
- P. B. Powell, P. Thompson:
Natural language and voice output for relational data base systems.
- Stewart N. T. Shen:
A semantic approach in designing relational data bases.
- James R. Driscoll, Beverly A. Dutton, Kathryn C. Kinsley:
A relational storage scheme suitable for derived views.
- G. Rothbart, R. Fullwood, H. O. Conde:
Automatic data acquisition and processing of train deceleration for rapid transit train systems.
- J. Russell Hogan:
A Correlation Echo Sounder Processor used to provide reliable bottom depth data for profiling.
- Satish L. Rege, John Grason:
Computer aided design of digital systems: Data part exploration.
- Bengt Nordstrüm:
Assignments and high level data types.
- Donald R. Chand, Surya B. Yadav:
On the application of data abstraction facilities.
- Bengt Nordström:
Programming with abstract data types, some examples.
- Joseph L. Pokorney, Paul Oyer, Joseph Mazzetti, L. Lee Wouters:
Managing systems more effectively through Life Cycle Management.
- David F. Stevens, Richard W. Watson, Paul Rotar, Arnold M. Peskin:
New directions in computing at the National Laboratories.
- William P. Laflant Jr., Matt Prastein, Robert P. Campbell, G. Gary Casper, Ollie Smoot, John Swearingen:
The computer profession in the 1980's: An Orwellian interlude? (Panel Discussion).
- Alfred Bork, Kenneth Bowles, Patrick Suppes, Robert Noel:
Computer-based courses(Panel Discussion).
- Murray Turoff, Starr Roxanne Hiltz:
User behavior patterns in the Electronic Information Exchange System.
- Rob Kling:
Automated information systems as social resources in policy making.
- Abbe Mowshowitz:
Computers and ethical judgment in organizations.
- Charles E. Donaghey:
CELLSIM: A digital simulation language for cell kinetic modelling.
- Robert S. Ledley, Yeshwant G. Kulkarni, Chan M. Park, Menfai R. Shiu, Louis S. Rotolo:
TEXAC/PICTOL: A Texture Analysis Computer and its special purpose language.
- M. Catherine Neal, Linda G. Shapiro:
A Portable Graphics system for minicomputers.
- Everett S. Joline:
"USS Transit Station Simulation" demonstration and documentation film.
- Kenneth D. Willmert:
Graphic display of human motion.
- Bernard C. Levrat, Jurgen Harms, Christian Pellegrini, Maurice Wenger, Robert M. Aiken:
An input system designed to aid users of interactive graphics.
- Terry Miller:
The impact of government regulations and policy on the computer industry.
- Lee Ohringer:
Computer security in the federal government: Where we are, how we got here, where we are going.
- Stephen W. Smoliar:
A lexical analysis of Labanotation with an associated data structure.
- Thomas W. Calvert, J. Chapman:
Notation of movement with computer assistance.
- Lynne Weber, Stephen W. Smoliar, Norman I. Badler:
An architecture for the simulation of human movement.
- Margaret A. Boden:
Social implications of intelligent machines.
- Walter Maner:
Curriculum generators: Some design problems.
- Frederic I. Parke, Mark Friedell:
Interactive simulation of biomechanical systems: The kinematics and stress of the human knee.
- Henry Fuchs, Zvi M. Kedem:
The "highly intelligent" tablet as an efficient pointing device for interactive graphics (Preliminary Report).
- Christopher M. Brown, Aristides A. G. Requicha, Herbert B. Voelcker:
Geometric Modelling Systems for mechanical design and manufacturing.
- Philip Milliman:
Measurement and evaluation of modern programming practices.
- John Palaimo:
Analysis of software experience data (Panel Discussion): Software reliability measurement during development.
- Paul Richards:
Use of data in support of software metrics.
- Lorraine Duvall:
The Data and Analysis Center for Software(Presentation Abstract).
- Alan Sukert:
Applications of error data in software error model validations(Presentation Abstract).
- Terry A. Straeter, Carlo Broglio, Marilyn Fujii, Leon Stucki, Sabina Saib, David Luckham:
Software validation and verification - a state of the art report(Panel Discussion).
- Marilyn S. Fujii:
Software verification and validation(Position Statement).
- Leon G. Stucki:
Validation and verification vs. The software life cycle(Position Statement).
- Sabina H. Saib:
Software verification and validation in practice and theory (Position Statement).
- David C. Luckham:
A brief account: Implementation and applications of a Pascal program verifier (Position Statement).
- Joyce Currie Little:
An overview of ACM guidelines and recommendations for a community and junior college career program in computer programming.
- Iva Helen Lee, Claudia Elizabeth Plog:
A design for a community/junior college curriculum with options for two neighboring institutions.
- John T. Gorgone, John F. Schrage:
A design for the education of computer programmers at the associate level within a baccalaureate level institution.
- Donald H. Beil:
The data processing Curriculum of the National Technical Institute for the Deaf: A suggested implementation for an AAS degree program in computer programming.
- Bruce Puerling, Lloyd W. Campbell:
Whither goeth fortran?
- Bruce Puerling, Dean Herington:
Whither goeth fortran?
- Steve Hue:
Status report of DOE Language Working Group.
- R. W. Signor:
- Chester M. Smith Jr.:
FORTRAN data base facility.
- Herbert Maisel, John Kramer, Lloyd Martin, Lester Sachs:
A perspective on data base systems in the Federal Government.
- Jackie S. Potts, Gerald Moon, Larry Cornish, Richard Schulman, John Staudhammer:
Computer graphics: An aid to management in the Federal Government.
- Philip A. Coates:
Directory-Assisted Abbreviated Name Entry: Telephone dialing by name.
- Thomas C. Irby:
Minimizing the retrieval time of scatter storage techniques.
- Ward Douglas Maurer:
A very small information retrieval system.
- Richard K. Brewer, Lorrie Lawrence Hoffman, Jesse M. Heines:
Computer aided exam generation (Session Summary): Some thoughts on a taxonomy of related efforts Richard Brewer.
- Lorrie Lawrence Hoffman:
Test gen: A tool for emancipation from traditional instruction.
- Jesse M. Heines:
The use of interactive, computer-managed instruction to control the quality of self-paced training without requiring the presence of an instructor.
- Abraham Silberschatz:
Serializability in multi-level monitor environments.
- David B. Lomet:
Multi-level locking with deadlock avoidance.
- Charles M. Shub:
Preemption costs in round robin scheduling.
- Aaron M. Tenenbaum, Erik Widder:
A comparison of first-fit allocation strategies.
- Allen B. Tucker Jr., Giuliano Gnugnoli, Long Vo Nguyen, Bedrich Chaloupka:
Implementation consideration for machine translation.
- Joe W. Duran:
Heuristics for program synthesis using loop invariants.
- L. A. Cox Jr.:
Predicting concurrent computer system performance using Petri-Net models.
- Takumi Kasai, Akeo Adachi, Shigeki Iwata:
Classes of pebble games and complete problems.
- Hsu Chang:
Interpretation of query-by-example language in bubble hardware language.
- Jayanta Banerjee, David K. Hsiao:
A methodology for supporting existing CODASYL databases with new database machines.
- Larry Lichten, Eduardo B. Fernández:
Interaction with databases through procedural languages.
- Ronald D. Armstrong, David S. Kung:
A dual method for discrete Chebychev curve fitting.
- C. P. Huang:
An efficient algorithm for computing powers of triangular matrices.
- Sidney Diamond:
Contents of a meaningful plan.
- David W. Embley:
Forms-based automatic program generation.
- Kilnam Chon:
Information processing in electricity distribution systems.
- David Kniefel, Karen Duncan, Don Holznagel, Elizabeth Little:
Update: Cooperation amoung computer organization (Panel Discussion).