Lawrence A. Jehn, Larry A. Crum (Eds.):
Proceedings of the 14th ACM Annual Conference on Computer Science, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, 1986.
ACM 1986, ISBN 0-89791-177-6
Last update Wed May 22 00:04:49 2013
CET by the DBLP Team — Data released under the ODC-BY 1.0 license — See also our legal information page
- Robert A. Kowalski:
The limitation of logic.
- William A. Kornfeld:
The purpose and promise of logic programming.
- Kenneth A. Bowen:
New directions in logic programming.
- A. Nico Habermann:
Technological advances in software engineering.
- Richard E. Fairley:
The role of academe in software engineering education.
- Laszlo A. Belady:
Software engineer, the system designer.
- L. M. Sweet:
A model for growth in the intelligent automation industry: case studies in robotics and artificial intelligence.
- Tomás Lozano-Pérez, Rodney A. Brooks:
An approach to automatic robot programming.
- Takeo Kanade, Charles E. Thorpe, William Whittaker:
Autonomous land vehicle project at CMU.
- John C. Thompson, Dongpil Shin:
Data flow relation processor for knowledge base machine.
- Sharilyn A. Thoreson, Arlen N. Long, John R. Kerns:
Performance of three dataflow computers.
- Wlodzimierz M. Zuberek:
M-timed Petri nets and Markov chains in modelling of computer systems.
- Rajiv Gupta, Mary Lou Soffa:
SHAPE: a highly adaptable and parallel system.
- Marius V. A. Hâncu, Kenneth C. Smith:
DYPP - A VLSI supercomputer architecture supporting two-level fault tolerance, program graph injection and data levitation concepts.
- Kang Ji-chang:
Supercomputer with analog-computer-like architecture.
- A. Yavuz Oruç, M. Yaman Oruç:
Linear-time algorithms for programming cellular permutation arrays.
- A. Yavuz Oruç, M. Mittal:
New algorithms for realizing paths and permutations through cube-connected networks.
- Suchai Thanawastien, Pradip K. Srimani:
A class of modified single stage S/E networks.
- Thomas Sudkamp:
Grammars for functional languages.
- A. F. Sanders:
Activity productions for graph grammars.
- Keith E. Humenik, Roger S. Pinkham:
Production probability estimators for context-free grammars.
- Robert D. Dixon, David Hemmendinger:
Analyzing synchronization problems by using event histories as languages.
- Francesco Gregoretti, Zary Segall:
Programming for observability support in a parallel programming environment.
- Luigi V. Mancini, Maciej Koutny:
Formal specification of N-modular redundancy.
- Sanjiv Taneja, Bruce W. Weide:
Graphical description and run-time environments for Real-Time software.
- Robert G. Reynolds, Drew Roberts:
PARTIAL: a tool to support the metrics driven design of Ada programs.
- Chen-Yu Sheu:
Knowledge-based query processing in object bases.
- José Carlos Ferreira Maia Neves, George F. Lugger, João M. Carvalho:
A formalism for views in a logic data base.
- Robert C. Shock:
An algorithm for batch updates.
- Paul Hartono Singgih, Howard B. Demuth, Martin T. Hagan, Roger L. Wainwright:
Parallel merge-sort algorithms on the HEP.
- Massoud Hakami:
Revised tree sort.
- Bipin C. Desai, Pankaj Goyal, Fereidoon Sadri:
Use of composite index in DDBMS.
- Mohammad A. Ketabchi, Valdis Berzins, Salvatore T. March:
ODM: an object oriented data model for design databases.
- Victor J. Streeter:
Some relational query language design issues and the language MQL.
- Shahram Javey:
Specification of discontinuities with conditional expressions.
- Rex E. Gantenbein, Douglas W. Jones:
Dynamic binding of separately compiled objects under program control.
- Kay-Ulrich Felgentreu, Wolfram-Manfred Lippe:
Dynamic optimization of covered tail recursive functions in applicative languages.
- Henry W. Davis, Randy B. Pollack, Dennis J. Golden:
A technique for comparing search algorithm run-times.
- Amitava Bagchi, Anup K. Sen:
Heuristic search in general tree structures: an average case analysis.
- Harold W. Martin:
Polynomial evaluations of bi-valued game trees.
- Marc J. Lipman, Robert L. Sedlmeyer:
Developments in an expert system for graph theory investigation.
- Klaus K. Obermeier:
GROK - a knowledge-based text processing system.
- Gerard K. Rambally:
A theory of student modelling in instructional expert systems.
- Robert B. Terwilliger, Roy H. Campbell:
PLEASE: Predictable Logic based ExecutAble SpeCifications.
- Won D. Lee, Sylvian R. Ray:
Probabilistic rule generator.
- Alex Meystel, A. Guez, G. Hillel:
Minimum time path planning for robot motion in obstacle strewn environment.
- Norman E. Gibbs, Clyde Chittister, James S. Collofello, Gary A. Ford, A. Joseph Turner:
The Software Engineering Institute (panel session).
- Judy Bamberger, Richard E. Fairley, Joe Mason, Charles McKay, Dudrey Smith:
Are the universities meeting the needs of the industry? Is industry holding up its end of the deal? (panel session).
- Dennis Goldenson, Ravinder Chandhok, David Garlan, Philip L. Miller, Mark C. Tucker:
Integrated programming environments based on structure editing (panel session).
- C. Lee Giles, Alan Huang, Fred J. Leonberger, John A. Neff:
Future directions in optical computing (panel session).
- Bipin C. Desai, Claude Fransson, Najah Naffah, Gordon E. Stokes, George White:
AI in office automation (panel session).
- Richard D. Edmiston, Douglas Comer, Deborah Estrin:
CSNET (panel session): using inter-organization networks to support research and advanced development in computer science.
- Frank H. Young, Stephen J. Garland, Robert Poland, David C. Rine:
Advanced placement in Computer Science (panel session): college level computer science in the high schools.
- William Mitchell, John Beidler, Christine Shannon, Waldo Roth, Bob Cupper, Tom Harbron:
Accreditation of small college computing programs(panel session).
- Sharon Cogdill, Pamela S. Kirshen, J. Mack Adams, John Beidler, Nell B. Dale, Malcolm Lane, Karen A. Lemone, James Quasney, Don Spencer:
Publishing a computer science textbook (panel session).
- Gerald L. Engel, Robert L. Cannon, Robert D. Cupper, John F. Dalphin, Greg W. Scragg, Ted Sjoerdsma, A. Joe Turner:
Computer Science Accreditation and Liberal Arts Programs.
- Yuan Shi, Noah S. Prywes:
Programming in evolving distributed environments (abstract).
- Doris L. Carver:
The effect of software development practices on cost estimates (abstract).
- Prabhaker Mateti, Gerald M. Radack:
Integrating data structure diagrams into source level debuggers (abstract).
- Bon K. Sy, Martin E. Kaliski:
An uncertainty-based software testing model using test universe partitions (abstract).
- David W. Biers, Samuel M. Bower, Frank J. DaPolito, Donald J. Polzella:
The assesment of software usability (abstract).
- Linda L. Werner:
A study of 'hard to find' data processing errors (abstract).
- Mark A. Roth:
Theoretical Advances in non-1NF Relational Databases.
- Mehdi Owrang, Les L. Miller:
Query translation in a heterogeneous distributed database based on hypergraph models models(abstract).
- Shashi K. Gadia:
Temporal element as a primitive for time in temporal databases and its application in query optimization (abstract).
- James F. Blahnik:
Relational joins on non-keyed fields (abstract).
- Chen-Hua Chung:
N-Schema Approach - a generalized model for database architecture (abstract).
- Peter C. Jones, Paul E. Jones:
Linguistic Correlates of data structures (abstract): the THAT language.
- Harold E. Bullock, Pradip Dey, Kevin D. Reilly:
A "bee hive" model for heterogenous knowledge in expert systems (abstract).
- Judith L. Solano, Jack E. Leitner, Kathaleen C. Bloom:
expert system for the application of nursing diagnosis to clinical practice (abstract).
- Daniel C. St. Clair, Virginia Johnson, Albert Watterstroem:
UIL - ESP - AD (abstract): an expert system for analysis and diagnoses of a space staion powersubsystem.
- David C. Brown:
Expert system problem-solving applications (abstract).
- James R. Slagle, John M. Long, Michael R. Wick, John P. Matts, Arthur S. Leon:
An expert system for treadmill excercise ECG test analysis (abtracts).
- Roger E. Messick, James H. Ripper:
An expert assistant for qualitive curve generation in engineering (abstract).
- Stuart A. Friedberg:
Hierarchical process composition (abstract).
- Hany H. Ammar:
Performance models of parallel and distributed processing systems (abstract).
- J. A. Davis:
An internetwork system that supports replicated data (abstract).
- D. W. Jacobson:
Network protocol analysis (abstract).
- Hasan S. AlKhatib:
A tokenless ring protocol for local area networks (abstract).
- Michael A. Baltrush, Anita J. La Salle:
Advances in communications (abstract): implementing the X.400 standard.
- Stanislaw Jarzabek:
Generation of software production environments (abstract).
- Gayle J. Yaverbaum, Oya Culpan:
Current research motivational constraints in the user environment (abstract): are they present.
- Raghava G. Gowda, James A. Senn, Stanley L. Saxton:
Group cohesiveness and software productivity (abstract).
- Alan W. Carpenter Sr.:
A multiple-product production simulation system for the micro-computer environment (abstract).
- Donald J. Bagert:
IMEGS (abstract): an incremental multi-language editor generator and system.
- A. Gregory Starling, Roy J. Fuller:
Permutations for parallel algorithms (abstract).
- Starrett C. Kennedy:
Engineered computer language (abstract): beyond structured programming.
- Yuksel Uckan:
An intelligent system for data base management (abstract).
- Wei Si Jiang, William G. Wee:
An approach to exploiting a database as a frame-like knowledge base (abstract).
- Jerry D. Smith:
Robust knowledge bases (abstract).
- Ralph Zimmermann Jr., Jerry Canada Jr.:
AND and OR parallelism in dprolog (abstract).
- Klaus K. Obermeier, David de Hilster:
DIID - Data independent interface for database (abstract).
- Li-Yan Yuan:
A design method for nested relations (abstract).
- Mohammad Meybodi, Kenneth Williams:
Parallel processors applied to string transformations (abstract).
- Tangqui Li, Hon Wai Chun, Jing Peng, Xiru Zhang:
Segmentation in Chinese natural language understanding using a massively parallel approach (abstract).
- Hon Wai Chun:
Representing temportal sequence and duration in massively parallel networks (abstract).
- William S. Curran:
Parallel micros (abstract).
- Simin H. Pakzad:
Fault tolerance analysis of rearrangeable interconnection networks (abstracts).
- S. Venkatesan:
Convex polygon cover problem (abstract).
- Fuhua Cheng, Wein-Chung Jiaan:
Finding the intersection points of a line with a polygon and its applications (abstract).
- R. Chaudhuri:
Some results on the state space approach to a finite automata (abstract).
- Hari B. Bidasaria:
New approach in dimensionality reduction in a general pattern recognition problem (abstract).
- P. F. Lai, J. H. Fang, F. Tsay:
Waveform correlation using relational tree (abstract).
- Aaron R. Todd:
A paradigm for search algorithms (abstract).
- Narendra N. Datar, Uday G. Gujar, Virendra C. Bhavsar:
Analytical representation of three dimensional objects (abstract).
- Zhixi Fang, Xiaobo Li:
Parallel image processing algorithms (abstract).
- Ai-Chang Lu, Martin J. Biernat, Thom Grace:
Two algorithms for image display using redefinable character sets (abstract).
- Paul T. Vesely:
Computer graphics support of a new era in flight test ground stations (abstract).
- Yao-Tang Liao:
The PRIME 9955 implementation of the graphical kernel system (abstract).
- Ramin Zabih, Raj Jain:
A performance comparison of the window systems of two LISP machines (abstract).
- Khalid J. Siddiqui, D. R. Hay, Ching Y. Suen:
Evaluation of materials using a rule-based non-destructive monitoring system (abstract).
- Richard E. Neapolitan:
Models for reasoning under uncertainty (abstract).
- Raymond D. Gumb:
Popperian conditional probability functions for expert systems (abstract).
- Hon Wai Chun, Alejandro Mimo, Harry Wu:
ISCS - an intelligent system configuration shell (abstract).
- G. Arthur Mihram, Danielle Mihram:
Artificial intelligence and the fifth generation, some wrong ways, the correct way (abstract).
- Zhixi Fang, Jitender S. Deogun:
Closure properties of certain classes of languages under bi-language form.
- Frederick J. Bourgeois III, Leornard K. Nicholson:
A programming language for cryptography (abstract).
- William F. Dowling:
Attribute grammar interpretation as a model of computation (abstract).
- A. V. Levitin:
Investigating a new vocabulary-length equation (abstract).
- Michael J. Dedina, Howard C. Nusbaum:
PRONOUNCE (abstract): a program for pronunciation by analogy.
- Susan R. Harroff, Stephen C. Harroff:
Logo (abstract): creating a microworld for language experimentation.
- Robert B. Terwilliger, Roy H. Campbell:
ENCOMPASS (abstract): a SAGA based environment for the composition of programs and specifications.
- Zbigniew J. Gackowski:
Specification sequence of computer information system components least constraining the designers' freedom in search of solutions (abstract).
- Francoise Youssefi:
TPS (abstract): a tool for communicating software requirements.
- John A. Cross:
An electronic environment for group effort in software documentation (abstract).
- Frances E. Hunt, Cynthia R. Marling:
CaseDL (abstract): a design tool for specification and prototyping.
- Jeffrey J. P. Tsai, Waldo C. Kabat:
Verification of software specifications using automated reasoning techniques (abstract).
- Sally L. Lloyd:
Hash coding for dictionary storage and word-matching used in decoding substitution ciphers (with application to OCR) (abstract).
- Blair A. Rowley:
Data compression using hash code generated tables (abstract).
- S. Srinivasan:
A faster recovery from hash table (abstract).
- Trong Wu, Robert Neufeld:
Design of a polyphase sort (abstract).
- Richard K. Brewer:
An order f(K)N sort (abstract).
- Kelly D. Crawford, Roger L. Wainwright:
Parallel sorting algorithms for insertion shell and heapsort on the HEP (abstract).
- Won D. Lee, Sylvian R. Ray:
Probabilistic interference for variable certainty decisions (abstract).
- William G. Gehman:
Ambiguous algorithms (abstract).
- Leon Sterling:
Meta-interpreters for expert systems (abstract).
- Christos A. Papachristou:
Expert system approach to VLSI cell design (abstract).
- Paul J. Drongowski:
A VLSI architect's assistant (abstract).
- B. Murali Dharan:
Imagination as event generation (abstract).
- Brian Smith, Dominic Soda, George W. Zobrist:
Lexical analysis using table look-up (abstract).
- Teodor Rus, Kurt Hansen:
An algebraic approach for assembler construction (abstract).
- Margaret S. Geroch, Frances L. Van Scoy:
Specialized commands for a syntax-directed editor (abstract).
- W. Douglas Findley, V. Santhanam:
A practical algorithm for generating LR parsers maintaining immediate error detection (abstract).
- C. Shanmugamani, Robert W. Neufeld, V. Santhanam:
Error recovery in LL(1) parsers using probabilistic grammar (abstract).
- Richard L. Vore, V. Santhanam:
A generic compiler symbol management facilityy (abstract).
- Farhad Shahrokhi:
An efficient flow routing algorithm to solve the maximum concurrent flow problem with applications to the packed switched telecommunication networks and cluster analysis (abstract).
- Gurdeep S. Hura:
Petri nets: a graph model for the representation and analysis of concurrent systems (abstract).
- Amar Dev Amar, Vasanti A. Jategaonkar:
Algorithm variable and fixed charges (abstract): a case of branch-and-bound methodology for single processor scheduling system.
- Stavros A. Zenios, John M. Mulvey:
Nonlinear network programming on a vector supercomputer (abstract).
- Sunil R. Das:
On random testing of sequential digital logic with a high confidence measure (abstract).
- Amjad Umar:
Software engineering for distributed applications (abstract).
- Mary P. Bivens:
An approach to incremental register allocation (abstract).
- Massoud Omidvar, John Y. Cheung:
The neural network as a prototype in the design of nonconventional computer architecture for artificial intelligence applications (abstract).
- Mike Bakan, Alan Cotterman, Kim Howell, Kuldip Rattan:
A computer vision system for WSU robot (abstract).
- Hu Lei, Xia Zhenuhua:
A voice input microcomputer system (VIMS) (abstract).
- Brian E. Weinrich, A. S. Rogowski:
Use of conditional simulation techniques in assessingpermeability of a compacted clay liner (abstract).
- Anne C. Steele, George P. Grill, Gwen S. Loy:
Gatekeeping (abstract): the technology challenge in the medium-sized firm.
- Alex Bykat:
Designing an intelligent operating system consultant and teacher (abstract).
- Alonzo Johnson, Hsing-Yang Lee, John Dryer:
Automated double oral auction using I.B.M PC network (abstract).
- D. R. Beuerman:
- Daniel C. St. Clair, Dominic Soda:
Modeling dynamic entities in relational databases (abstract).
- James Nechvatal:
An approximation method for knapsack problems (abstract).
- Curt M. White:
Design of a blocked asynchronous protocol for distributed problem solving (abstract).
- H. Mary Micco, Rebecca A. Ruschel:
A survey of undergraduate computer science/information science programs in the North East United States (abstract).
- Janet Hartman:
An analysis of concerns of college instructors in a computer science retraining program (abstract).
- J. Michael McGrew, Mohd Mustaffa, Vincent Pedraza, John Raab:
CATSY (abstract): an electronic alternative to the chalkboard.
- Barry Burd:
Teaching Ada to beginning programmers (abstract).
- Emery Gathers:
Successful placement of freshman computer science majors (abstract).
- Sukhen Dey, Lawrence R. Mand:
Mathematics background, prior language exposure, and perceived success in introductory computer science courses (abstract).
- Ming Zhang, Jiaruo Wan, Xiaofeng Sheng, Minjin Wu:
Design and application of classroom instruction information pro cessing system (abstract).
- Steve Dudley, Ronnie McGaughey:
A solution to a contemporary problem (abstract).
- George M. Whitson, Pam Taylor:
A study of techniques used to obtain bibliographies in computer science (abstract).
- David Bellin:
Young Hackers (abstract): geniuses or criminal?
- Patrick J. C. Lamont:
F. L. Pilling and computer graphics (abstract).