8. IDC 2009:
Como, Italy Paolo Paolini, Franca Garzotto (Eds.):
Interaction Design and Children, Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Interaction Design and Children, IDC 2009, Como, Italy, June 3-5, 2009.
ACM 2009, ISBN 978-1-60558-395-2
Design for health
Design for education and cognitive development
Communication and collaboration
Edutainment & engaging education
- Berardina De Carolis, Veronica Rossano:
A team of presentation agents for edutainment.
- Pierpaolo Di Bitonto, Teresa Roselli, Veronica Rossano:
Formative evaluation of a didactic software for acquiring problem solving abilities using Prolog.
- Timo Göttel:
Virtual sandbox: adding groupware abilities to Scratch.
- Chrisovalantis Kefalidis, Georgia Lazakidou, Symeon Retalis:
SyCo: a collaborative learning tool for generating ideas in private and in public.
- Anna Mansour, Mugdha Barve, Sushama Bhat, Ellen Yi-Luen Do:
MunchCrunch: a game to learn healthy-eating heuristics.
- Michael Philetus Weller, Ellen Yi-Luen Do, Mark D. Gross:
State machines are child's play: observing children ages 9 to 11 playing Escape Machine.
- Hester Bruikman, Annemiek van Drunen, He Huang, Vanessa Vakili:
Lali: exploring a tangible interface for augmented play for preschoolers.
- Antony Harfield, Ilkka Jormanainen, Hassan Shujau:
First steps in distributed tangible technologies: a virtual tug of war.
- Koen Hendrix, Robert van Herk, Janneke Verhaegh, Panos Markopoulos:
Increasing children's social competence through games, an exploratory study.
- Sara Johansson:
Sniff: designing characterful interaction in a tangible toy.
- Javier Marco, Eva Cerezo, Sandra Baldassarri, Emanuela Mazzone, Janet C. Read:
User-oriented design and tangible interaction for kindergarten children.
- Sara Price, Taciana Pontual Falcão:
Designing for physical-digital correspondence in tangible learning environments.
- Andrea Alessandrini, Antonio Rizzo, Elisa Rubegni:
Drama prototyping for the design of urban interactive systems for children.
- Steve Hinske, Matthias Lampe, Nicola Yuill, Sara Price, Marc Langheinrich:
Kingdom of the Knights: evaluation of a seamlessly augmented toy environment for playful learning.
- Jinyoung Kim, Donggi Jung, Kibeom Lee, Yongjin Jin, Woonseung Yeo:
Bubble Letters: a child-centric interface for virtual and real world experience.
- Iulian Radu, Blair MacIntyre:
Augmented-reality scratch: a children's authoring environment for augmented-reality experiences.
- Masanori Sugimoto, Toshitaka Ito, Tuan Ngoc Nguyen, Shigenori Inagaki:
GENTORO: a system for supporting children's storytelling using handheld projectors and a robot.
- Alex Kuhn, Chris Quintana, Elliot Soloway:
StoryTime: a new way for children to write.
- Mariko Suzuki, Itsuo Hatono, Tetsuo Ogino, Fusako Kusunoki, Hidefusa Sakamoto, Kazuhiko Sawada, Yasuhiro Hoki, Katsuya Ifuku:
LEGS system in a zoo: use of mobile phones to enhance observation of animals.
- Thomas Winkler, Martina Ide, Christian Wolters, Michael Herczeg:
WeWrite: 'on-the-fly' interactive writing on electronic textiles with mobile phones.
- Nikoleta Yiannoutsou, Ioanna Papadimitriou, Vassilis Komis, Nikolaos M. Avouris:
"Playing with" museum exhibits: designing educational games mediated by mobile technology.
- Carmelo Ardito, Maria Francesca Costabile, Rosa Lanzilotti:
Enhancing user experience while gaming in archaeological parks with cellular phones.
- Winslow Burleson, Collin Ruffenach, Camilla Nørgaard Jensen, Uday Kumar Bandaru, Kasia Muldner:
Game as life --- life as game.
- Adrian David Cheok, Owen Noel Newton Fernando, Charith Lasantha Fernando:
Petimo: safe social networking robot for children.
- Lynne E. Hall, Susan Jones, Ana Paiva, Ruth Aylett:
FearNot!: providing children with strategies to cope with bullying.
- David Joyner, Chih-Sung (Andy) Wu, Ellen Yi-Luen Do:
Tangible optical chess: a laser strategy game on an interactive tabletop.
- Byron Lahey, Natalie Freed, Patrick Lu, Camilla Nørgaard Jensen, Kasia Muldner, Winslow Burleson:
Human-robot interactions to promote play and learning.
- Ugo Biader Ceipidor, Carlo Maria Medaglia, Amedeo Perrone, Maria De Marsico, Giorgia Di Romano:
A museum mobile game for children using QR-codes.
- Eric Rosenbaum:
Jots: reflective learning in scratch.
- Anne-Marie Skriver Hansen, Dan Overholt, Winslow Burleson, Camilla Nørgaard Jensen, Byron Lahey, Kasia Muldner:
Pendaphonics: an engaging tangible pendulum-based sonic interaction experience.
- Andrew Cyrus Smith:
Simple tangible language elements for young children.
- James Keng Soon Teh, Adrian David Cheok, Yongsoon Choi, Charith Lasantha Fernando, Roshan Lalintha Peiris, Owen Noel Newton Fernando:
Huggy pajama: a parent and child hugging communication system.
- Ryan Wistort, Cynthia Breazeal:
TOFU: a socially expressive robot character for child interaction.
Digital technologies and marginalized youth:
reducing the gap
Children and embodied interaction:
seeking common ground
Creative interactive play for disabled children
Children and mobile technology:
interface development for mobile touch devices
Last update Sat May 25 01:53:12 2013
CET by the DBLP Team — Data released under the ODC-BY 1.0 license — See also our legal information page