Hong Kong, China Taesung Park, Stephen Kwok-Wing Tsui, Luonan Chen, Michael K. Ng, Limsoon Wong, Xiaohua Hu (Eds.):
2010 IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine, BIBM 2010, Hong Kong, China, 18 - 21 December 2010, Proceedings.
IEEE Computer Society 2010
Genomics and Molecular Structure, Function and Evolution
- Chien-Chih Wang, Chien-Yu Chen:
Predicting DNA-binding locations and orientation on proteins using knowledge-based learning of geometric properties.
- Yang Liu, Yiu-Fai Lee, Michael K. Ng:
Classification of genome-wide copy number variations and their associated SNP and gene networks analysis.
- Zejun Zheng, Bertil Schmidt, Guillaume Bourque:
Prediction of low coverage prone regions for Illumina sequencing projects using a support vector machine.
- Luis Rueda, Sridip Banerjee, Md. Mominul Aziz, Mohammad Raza:
Protein-protein interaction prediction using desolvation energies and interface properties.
- Weiqiang Zhou, Hong Yan:
Prediction of DNA-binding protein based on alpha shape modeling.
- Vikas Rao Pejaver, Sun Kim:
Gene cluster profile vectors: A novel method to infer functional coupling using both gene proximity and co-occurrence profiles.
- Yiwei Zhang, Fei Hu, Jijun Tang:
Phylogenetic reconstruction with gene rearrangements and gene losses.
- Bing Han, Xue-wen Chen:
Detecting SNPs-disease associations using Bayesian networks.
- Ke Chen, Marcin J. Mizianty, Lukasz A. Kurgan:
Accurate prediction of ATP-binding residues using sequence and sequence-derived structural descriptors.
- Ping Zhang, Zoran Obradovic:
Unsupervised integration of multiple protein disorder predictors.
- M. Michael Gromiha, N. Saranya, Samuel Selvaraj, B. Jayaram, Kazuhiko Fukui:
Sequence and structural features of binding site residues in protein-protein complexes.
- Roberto Blanco:
Structural parsimony: Reductions in sequence space.
- Qian Xu, Evan Wei Xiang, Qiang Yang:
Protein-protein interaction prediction via Collective Matrix Factorization.
- Shu-Yun Le, Bruce A. Shapiro:
Characterization of structural features for small regulatory RNAs in Escherichia coli genomes.
- Wei Chen, Shao-Wu Zhang, Yongmei Cheng, Quan Pan:
Prediction of Protein-RNA interaction site using SVM-KNN algorithm with spatial information.
- Federica Cattonaro, Alberto Policriti, Francesco Vezzi:
Enhanced reference guided assembly.
- T. T. Su Chinh, Stephanus Daniel Handoko, Chee Keong Kwoh, Christian Schönbach, Xiaoli Li:
A possible mutation that enables H1N1 influenza a virus to escape antibody recognition.
- Zhengkui Wang, Yue Wang, Kian-Lee Tan, Limsoon Wong, Divyakant Agrawal:
CEO a cloud epistasis computing model in GWAS.
- Junho Kim, Doheon Lee:
A new perspective of integrative genome-wide association analysis considering trans eSNP effect.
- Bo Liu, Theodore Gibbons, Mohammadreza Ghodsi, Mihai Pop:
MetaPhyler: Taxonomic profiling for metagenomic sequences.
- Qingqing Cai, Xiaoyan Zhang, Zuofeng Li:
MiRNAs as promising phylogenetic markers for inferring deep metazoan phylogeny and in support of Olfactores hypothesis.
- Ross K. K. Leung, Stephen Kwok-Wing Tsui:
alns - A searchable and filterable sequence alignment format.
- Zhiyong Wang, Feng Zhao, Jian Peng, Jinbo Xu:
Protein 8-class secondary structure prediction using Conditional Neural Fields.
- Man-Wai Mak, Wei Wang, Sun-Yuan Kung:
Truncation of protein sequences for fast profile alignment with application to subcellular localization.
- Michal Wozniak, Limsoon Wong, Jerzy Tiuryn:
CAMBer: An approach to support comparative analysis of multiple bacterial strains.
- I.-Hsin Liu, Yu-Shu Lo, Jinn-Moon Yang:
Template-based scoring functions for visualizing biological insights of H-2Kb-peptide-TCR complexes.
- Tomás Flouri, Jan Holub, Costas S. Iliopoulos, Solon P. Pissis:
An algorithm for mapping short reads to a dynamically changing genomic sequence.
- David Becerra, Angelica Sandoval, Daniel Restrepo-Montoya, Luis F. Niño:
A parallel multi-objective ab initio approach for protein structure prediction.
- M. Mondal Ananda, Jianjun Hu:
NetLoc: Network based protein localization prediction using protein-protein interaction and co-expression networks.
- Xin Chen, Xiaohua Hu, Xiajiong Shen, Gail Rosen:
Probabilistic topic modeling for genomic data interpretation.
- Yuzhen Ye:
Identification and quantification of abundant species from pyrosequences of 16S rRNA by consensus alignment.
- Alvaro J. González, Li Liao, Cathy H. Wu:
Predicting ligand binding residues using multi-positional correlations and kernel canonical correlation analysis.
- Shao-Ke Lou, Jing-Woei Li, Hao Qin, Aldrin Kay-Yuen Yim, Leung-Yau Lo, Bing Ni, Kwong-Sak Leung, Stephen Kwok-Wing Tsui, Ting-Fung Chan:
Detection of splicing events and multiread locations from RNA-seq data based on a geometric-tail (GT) distribution of intron length.
- Anveshi Charuvaka, Huzefa Rangwala:
Evaluation of short read metagenomic assembly.
- Jian Ma:
A probabilistic framework for inferring ancestral genomic orders.
- Nan Zhao, Bin Pang, Chi-Ren Shyu, Dmitry Korkin:
An accurate classification of native and non-native protein-protein interactions using supervised and semi-supervised learning approaches.
Computational Systems Biology
- Yan-Fei Wang, Zu-Guo Yu, Vo Anh:
Fuzzy C-means method with empirical mode decomposition for clustering microarray data.
- Marzieh Ayati, Golnaz Taheri, Shahriar Arab, Limsoon Wong, Changiz Eslahchi:
Overcoming drug resistance by co-targeting.
- Trupti Joshi, Qiuming Yao, D. Franklin Levi, Laurent Brechenmacher, Babu Valliyodan, Gary Stacey, Henry Nguyen, Dong Xu:
SoyMetDB: The soybean metabolome database.
- Cen Gao, Jing Li:
Machine learning approaches for the investigation of features beyond seed matches affecting miRNA binding.
- Xumeng Li, Frank Alex Feltus, Xiaoqian Sun, James Zijun Wang, Feng Luo:
A non-parameter Ising model for network-based identification of differentially expressed genes in recurrent breast cancer patients.
- Jo-Yang Lu, Eric Y. Chuang, Chuhsing Kate Hsiao, Mong-Hsun Tsai, Liang-Chuan Lai, Pei-Chun Chen:
Utilizing Cox regression model to assess the relations between predefined gene sets and the survival outcome of lung adenocarcinoma.
- Xuepo Ma, Travis J. Hestilow, Jian Cui, Jianqiu Zhang:
Iterative correction of suppressed peptide profiles from FTMS measurements.
- N. Baskaran, Chee Keong Kwoh, M. Hui Kam:
Outcomes of gene association analysis of cancer microarray data are impacted by pre-processing algorithms.
- Jin-Hong Shi, Fang-Xiang Wu:
Peptide charge state determination of tandem mass spectra from low-resolution collision induced dissociation.
- Xi Chen, Tatsuya Akutsu, Takeyuki Tamura, Wai-Ki Ching:
Finding optimal control policy in Probabilistic Boolean Networks with hard constraints by using integer programming and dynamic programming.
- Lei Shi, Aidong Zhang:
Semi-supervised learning protein complexes from protein interaction networks.
- Shuichi Kawano, Teppei Shimamura, Atsushi Niida, Seiya Imoto, Rui Yamaguchi, Masao Nagasaki, Ryo Yoshida, Cristin G. Print, Satoru Miyano:
Discovering functional gene pathways associated with cancer heterogeneity via sparse supervised learning.
- Javad Safaei, Ján Manuch, Arvind Gupta, Ladislav Stacho, Steven Pelech:
Prediction of human protein kinase substrate specificities.
- Weixiang Liu, Songfeng Zheng, Sen Jia, LinLin Shen, Xianghua Fu:
Sparse nonnegative matrix factorization with the elastic net.
- Gene P. K. Wu, Keith C. C. Chan, Andrew K. C. Wong, Bin Wu:
Unsupervised discovery of fuzzy patterns in gene expression data.
- Wei Zhang, Scott J. Emrich, Erliang Zeng:
A two-stage machine learning approach for pathway analysis.
- Guimei Liu, Chern Han Yong, Limsoon Wong, Hon Nian Chua:
Decomposing PPI networks for complex discovery.
- Tzu-Pin Lu, Liang-Chuan Lai, Chuhsing Kate Hsiao, Pei-Chun Chen, Mong-Hsun Tsai, Eric Y. Chuang:
Concurrent analysis of copy number variations and expression profiles to identify genes associated with tumorigenesis and survival outcome in lung adenocarcinoma.
- Bo Xu, Hongfei Lin, Zhihao Yang:
Ontology integration to identify protein complex in protein interaction networks.
- Shigeru Saito, Xinrong Zhou, Taejeong Bae, Sunghoon Kim, Katsuhisa Horimoto:
A procedure for identifying master regulators in conjunction with network screening and inference.
- Haseong Kim, Erol Gelenbe:
Stochastic gene expression modeling with hill function for switch-like gene responses.
- Zhenyu Wang, Vasile Palade:
Multi-objective evolutionary algorithms based Interpretable Fuzzy models for microarray gene expression data analysis.
- Riet De Smet, Kathleen Marchal:
An ensemble method for querying gene expression compendia with experimental lists.
- Leah Spontaneo, Nick Cercone:
Correlating CpG islands, motifs, and sequence variants in human chromosome 21.
- Andrew K. Rider, Geoffrey Siwo, Scott J. Emrich, Michael T. Ferdig, Nitesh V. Chawla:
A supervised learning approach to the unsupervised clustering of genes.
- Li-Zhi Liu, Fang-Xiang Wu, Li-Li Han, Wen-Jun Zhang:
Structure identification and parameter estimation of biological s-systems.
- Jia Meng, Jianqiu Zhang, Yidong Chen, Yufei Huang:
An Iterated Conditional Modes solution for sparse Bayesian factor modeling of transcriptional regulatory networks.
- Meeta Pradhan, Lakenvia Ledford, Yogesh Pandit, Mathew Palakal:
Global analysis of miRNA target genes in colon rectal cancer.
- Zhiqun Tang, Lihua Zhang, Amrita K. Cheema, Habtom W. Ressom:
A new method for alignment of LC-MALDI-TOF data.
- Yuji Zhang, Jianhua Jason Xuan, Robert Clarke, Habtom W. Ressom:
Module-based biomarker discovery in breast cancer.
- Zheng Xia, Xiaobo Zhou, Wei Chen, Chunqi Chang:
A graph-based elastic net for variable selection and module identification for genomic data analysis.
- Tias Guns, Hong Sun, Kathleen Marchal, Siegfried Nijssen:
Cis-regulatory module detection using constraint programming.
- Bing Ni, Leung-Yau Lo, Kwong-Sak Leung:
A generalized sequence pattern matching algorithm using complementary dual-seeding.
- Sung-Gon Yi, Taesung Park:
Integrated analysis of the various types of microarray data using linear-mixed effects models.
- Zina M. Ibrahim, Alioune Ngom, Ahmed Y. Tawfik:
A dynamic qualitative probabilistic network approach for extracting gene regulatory network motifs.
Medical Informatics and Translational Bioinformatics
- Iman Rezaeian, Luis Rueda:
A parameterless automatic spot detection method for cDNA microarray images.
- Qi Chu, Fa Zhang, Kai Zhang, Xiaohua Wan, Mingwei Chen, Zhiyong Liu:
An accurate, automatic method for markerless alignment of electron tomographic images.
- Jin Liu, Tuan D. Pham, Wei Wen, Perminder S. Sachdev:
Spatially constrained fuzzy hyper-prototype clustering with application to brain tissue segmentation.
- Wei Kong, Xiaoyang Mou, Xiaohua Hu:
Exploring matrix factorization techniques for significant genes identification of microarray dataset.
- Chung-Yueh Huang, Tsung-Heng Tsai, Bing-Cheng Wen, Chia-Wen Chung, Yung-Jui Li, Ya-Ching Chuang, Wen-Jie Lin, Li-Li Li, Juen-Kai Wang, Yuh-Lin Wang, Chi-Hung Lin, Da-Wei Wang:
Hybrid SVM/CART classification of pathogenic species of bacterial meningitis with surface-enhanced Raman scattering.
- Wei Liu, Weidong Xu, Lihua Li, Shuang Li, Huanping Zhao, Juan Zhang:
Improved mammographic mass retrieval performance using multi-view information.
- Arpit Srivastava, Abhinav Asati, Mahua Bhattacharya:
A fast and noise-adaptive rough-fuzzy hybrid algorithm for medical image segmentation.
- David Boutte, Jingyu Liu:
Sparse canonical correlation analysis applied to fMRI and genetic data fusion.
- E. Martin:
Solving training issues in the application of the wavelet transform to precisely analyze human body acceleration signals.
- Long Qu, Victoria L. Vetter, Geoffrey L. Bird, Haijun Qiu, Peter S. White:
A Naïve Bayes classifier for differential diagnosis of Long QT Syndrome in children.
- Yifeng Li, Alioune Ngom:
Non-negative matrix and tensor factorization based classification of clinical microarray gene expression data.
- Feng Yang, K. Z. Mao:
Improving robustness of gene ranking by resampling and permutation based score correction and normalization.
- Nancy Yu Song, Hong Yan:
Autoregressive modeling of DNA features for short exon recognition.
- Klaus Drechsler, Cristina Oyarzun Laura:
Hierarchical decomposition of vessel skeletons for graph creation and feature extraction.
- Zhuoran Wang, John Shawe-Taylor, Anoop Shah:
Semi-supervised feature learning from clinical text.
- Qinghua Jiang, Guohua Wang, Tianjiao Zhang, Yadong Wang:
Predicting human microRNA-disease associations based on support vector machine.
- Yinyin Yuan, Christina Curtis, Carlos Caldas, Florian Markowetz:
A sparse regulatory network of copy-number driven expression reveals putative breast cancer oncogenes.
- Ying-Wooi Wan, Changchang Xiao, Nancy Lan Guo:
Network-based identification of smoking-associated gene signature for lung cancer.
- Chao Zhang, Shunfu Xu, Dong Xu:
Detection and application of CagA sequence markers for assessing risk factor of gastric cancer caused by Helicobacter pylori.
- Tao Zeng, Xuan Guo, Juan Liu:
Discovering negative correlated gene sets from integrative gene expression data for cancer prognosis.
- Hyungmin Lee, Miyoung Shin, Munpyo Hong:
A gene ranking method using text-mining for the identification of disease related genes.
- Shouyi Wang, Wanpracha Art Chaovalitwongse, Stephen Wong:
A novel reinforcement learning framework for online adaptive seizure prediction.
- Prabhjit Kaur, Kathryn Sheikh, Alexander Kirilyuk, Ksenia Kirilyuk, Habtom W. Ressom, Amrita K. Cheema, Bhaskar Kallakury:
Metabolomic profiling for biomarker discovery in pancreatic cancer.
- Wenan Chen, Charles Cockrell, Kevin Ward, Kayvan Najarian:
Intracranial pressure level prediction in traumatic brain injury by extracting features from multiple sources and using machine learning methods.
- Murat Seckin Ayhan, Ryan G. Benton, Vijay V. Raghavan, Suresh K. Choubey:
Exploitation of 3D Stereotactic Surface Projection for automated classification of Alzheimer's disease according to dementia levels.
- Xiaofei Nan, Nan Wang, Ping Gong, Chaoyang Zhang, Yixin Chen, Dawn Wilkins:
Gene selection using 1-norm regularization for multi-class microarray data.
- Shuo Li, Jean Gao, James O. Nyagilo, Digant P. Dave:
Eigenspectra, a robust regression method for multiplexed Raman spectra analysis.
Cross-Cutting Computational Methods and Bioinformatics Infrastructure
Last update Tue May 21 16:16:59 2013
CET by the DBLP Team — Data released under the ODC-BY 1.0 license — See also our legal information page
- Ying Shen, Shaohong Zhang, Hau-San Wong:
A new method for measuring the semantic similarity on gene ontology.
- Huiru Zheng, Francisco Azuaje, Haiying Wang:
seGOsa: Software environment for gene ontology-driven similarity assessment.
- Cagri Ozcaglar, Amina Shabbeer, Scott Vandenberg, Bülent Yener, Kristin P. Bennett:
Examining the sublineage structure of Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex strains with multiple-biomarker tensors.
- Ping Xuan, Maozu Guo, Lei-lei Shi, Jun Wang, Xiaoyan Liu, Wenbin Li, Yingpeng Han:
Two-stage clustering based effective sample selection for classification of pre-miRNAs.
- Said Bleik, Wei Xiong, Yiran Wang, Min Song:
Biomedical concept extraction using concept graphs and ontology-based mapping.
- Taehyong Kim, Jaehan Koh, Kang Li, Murali Ramanathan, Aidong Zhang:
Identification of critical location on a microstructural bone network.
- Qiwei Li, Tong Liang, Xiaodan Fan, Chunhui Xu, Weichang Yu, Shuo-Yen Robert Li:
An automatic procedure to search highly repetitive sequences in genome as fluorescence in situ hybridization probes and its application on Brachypodium distachyon.
- Jintao Zhang, Gerald H. Lushington, Jun Huan:
Exploratory analysis of the BioAssay Network with implications to therapeutic discovery.
- Natthakan Iam-on, Simon Garrett, Chris Price, Tossapon Boongoen:
Link-based cluster ensembles for heterogeneous biological data analysis.
- Alisa Yurovsky, Bernard M. E. Moret:
FluRF, an automated flu virus reassortment finder based on phylogenetic trees.
- Hao Lian, Chengsen Song, Young-Rae Cho:
Decomposing protein interactome networks by graph entropy.
- Osamu Maruyama, Ayaka Chihara:
NWE: Node-weighted expansion for protein complex prediction using random walk distances.
- Zhihao Yang, Yuan Lin, Jiajin Wu, Nan Tang, Hongfei Lin, Yanpeng Li:
Ranking SVM for multiple kernels output combination in protein-protein interaction extraction from biomedical literature.
- Jung-Chih Chang, Tzu-Pin Lu, Eric Y. Chuang, Liang-Chuan Lai, Mong-Hsun Tsai, Chuhsing Kate Hsiao, Pei-Chun Chen:
Concurrent analysis of copy number variation and gene expression: Application in paired non-smoking female lung cancer patients.
- Jiarui Ding, Sohrab P. Shah:
Robust hidden semi-Markov modeling of array CGH data.
- Mingon Kang, Jean X. Gao, Liping Tang:
Computational modeling of phagocyte transmigration during biomaterial-mediated foreign body responses.
- Somu Perianayagam, Gregory R. Andrews, John H. Hartman:
Rex: A toolset for reproducing software experiments.
- Vladimir Nikulin, Tian-Hsiang Huang, Geoffrey J. McLachlan:
A comparative study of two matrix factorization methods applied to the classification of gene expression data.
- M. Oguzhan Külekci, Jeffrey Scott Vitter, Bojian Xu:
Time- and space-efficient maximal repeat finding using the burrows-wheeler transform and wavelet trees.
- Kazi Zakia Sultana, Anupam Bhattacharjee, Hasan M. Jamil:
IsoKEGG: A logic based system for querying biological pathways in KEGG.
- Mehmet Tan, Faruk Polat, Reda Alhajj:
Feature selection for graph kernels.
- Myungha Jang, Arang Rhie, Hyun Seok Park:
Toward automatically drawn metabolic pathway atlas with peripheral node abstraction algorithm.
- Jin Xu, Qiwei Li, Xiaodan Fan, Victor O. K. Li, Shuo-Yen Robert Li:
An Evolutionary Monte Carlo algorithm for identifying short adjacent repeats in multiple sequences.
- Ed Keedwell, Ajit Narayanan:
Gene expression rule discovery with a multi-objective neural-genetic hybrid.
- Chih-Hsuan Wei, Hung-Yu Kao:
Represented indicator measurement and corpus distillation on focus species detection.
- M. Oguzhan Külekci, Wing-Kai Hon, Rahul Shah, Jeffrey Scott Vitter, Bojian Xu:
PSI-RA: A parallel sparse index for read alignment on genomes.
- Qinmin Vivian Hu, Jimmy Xiangji Huang, Jun Miao:
Exploring a multi-source fusion approach for genomics information retrieval.
- Sérgio Dias, Abel J. P. Gomes:
GPU-based triangulation of the van der Waals surface.
- Songfeng Zheng, Weixiang Liu:
Selecting informative genes by Lasso and Dantzig selector for linear classifiers.
- Neeraj Koul, Ngot Bui, Vasant Honavar:
Scalable, updatable predictive models for sequence data.
- Meenakshi Mishra, Hongliang Fei, Jun Huan:
Computational prediction of toxicity.
- Xiaoshi Yin, Zhoujun Li, Jimmy Xiangji Huang, Xiaohua Hu:
A relevance-novelty combined model for genomics search result diversification.
- Lei Shi, Shikui Tu, Lei Xu:
Gene clustering by structural prior based local factor analysis model under Bayesian Ying-Yang harmony learning.