The Hague, The Netherlands
Thea Turner, Gerd Szwillus (Eds.):
Proceedings of the CHI 2000 Conference on Human factors in computing systems, The Hague, The Netherlands, April 1-6, 2000.
ACM 2000, ISBN 1-58113-216-6
Last update Fri May 24 18:36:13 2013
CET by the DBLP Team — Data released under the ODC-BY 1.0 license — See also our legal information page
- Anne P. McClard, Patricia Somers:
Unleashed: Web tablet integration into the home.
- Miika Silfverberg, I. Scott MacKenzie, Panu Korhonen:
Predicting text entry speed on mobile phones.
- Keith Cheverst, Nigel Davies, Keith Mitchell, Adrian Friday, Christos Efstratiou:
Developing a context-aware electronic tourist guide: some issues and experiences.
- Maurice R. Masliah, Paul Milgram:
Measuring the allocation of control in a 6 degree-of-freedom docking experiment.
- Ravin Balakrishnan, Ken Hinckley:
Symmetric bimanual interaction.
- Brad A. Myers, Kin Pou Lie, Bo-Chieh Yang:
Two-handed input using a PDA and a mouse.
- Raoul Rickenberg, Byron Reeves:
The effects of animated characters on anxiety, task performance, and evaluations of user interfaces.
- Katherine Isbister, Hideyuki Nakanishi, Toru Ishida, Clifford Nass:
Helper agent: designing an assistant for human-human interaction in a virtual meeting space.
- Adriana Santarosa Vivacqua, Henry Lieberman:
Agents to assist in finding help.
- Blair Nonnecke, Jennifer Preece:
Lurker demographics: counting the silent.
- Roy Rodenstein, Judith S. Donath:
Talking in circles: designing a spatially-grounded audioconferencing environment.
- Steve Whittaker, Richard Davis, Julia Hirschberg, Urs Muller:
Jotmail: a voicemail interface that enables you to see what was said.
- Albert T. Corbett, Holly J. Trask:
Instructional interventions in computer-based tutoring: differential impact on learning time and accuracy.
- Olle Bälter:
Keystroke level analysis of email message organization.
- Benjamin Watson, Alinda Friedman, Aaron McGaffey:
Using naming time to evaluate quality predictors for model simplification.
- Hideki Koike, Yoichi Sato, Yoshinori Kobayashi, Hiroaki Tobita, Motoki Kobayashi:
Interactive textbook and interactive Venn diagram: natural and intuitive interfaces on augmented desk system.
- Phil Frei, Victor Su, Bakhtiar Mikhak, Hiroshi Ishii:
curlybot: designing a new class of computational toys.
- Jay Lee, Victor Su, Sandia Ren, Hiroshi Ishii:
HandSCAPE: a vectorizing tape measure for on-site measuring applications.
- Hao Chen, Susan T. Dumais:
Bringing order to the Web: automatically categorizing search results.
- Allison Woodruff, Rich Gossweiler, James E. Pitkow, Ed Huai-hsin Chi, Stuart K. Card:
Enhancing a digital book with a reading recommender.
- Ed Huai-hsin Chi, Peter Pirolli, James E. Pitkow:
The scent of a site: a system for analyzing and predicting information scent, usage, and usability of a Web site.
- Francis C. Li, Anoop Gupta, Elizabeth Sanocki, Li-wei He, Yong Rui:
Browsing digital video.
- Liwei He, Elizabeth Sanocki, Anoop Gupta, Jonathan Grudin:
Comparing presentation summaries: slides vs. reading vs. listening.
- John S. Boreczky, Andreas Girgensohn, Gene Golovchinsky, Shingo Uchihashi:
An interactive comic book presentation for exploring video.
- Diane J. Schiano, Sheryl M. Ehrlich, Krisnawan Rahardja, Kyle Sheridan:
Face to interface: facial affect in (hu)man and machine.
- Marc Hassenzahl, Axel Platz, Michael Burmester, Katrin Lehner:
Hedonic and ergonomic quality aspects determine a software's appeal.
- William W. Gaver, Heather Martin:
Alternatives: exploring information appliances through conceptual design proposals.
- Margot Brereton, Ben McGarry:
An observational study of how objects support engineering design thinking and communication: implications for the design of tangible media.
- Karon E. MacLean, Scott S. Snibbe, Golan Levin:
Tagged handles: merging discrete and continuous manual control.
- Boriana Koleva, Holger Schnädelbach, Steve Benford, Chris Greenhalgh:
Traversable interfaces between real and virtual worlds.
- Paul P. Maglio, Christopher S. Campbell:
Tradeoffs in displaying peripheral information.
- Polle Zellweger, Susan Harkness Regli, Jock D. Mackinlay, Bay-Wei Chang:
The impact of fluid documents on reading and browsing: an observational study.
- Joonah Park, Jinwoo Kim:
Effects of contextual navigation aids on browsing diverse Web systems.
- Vildan Tanriverdi, Robert J. K. Jacob:
Interacting with eye movements in virtual environments.
- Dario D. Salvucci, John R. Anderson:
Intelligent gaze-added interfaces.
- Linda E. Sibert, Robert J. K. Jacob:
Evaluation of eye gaze interaction.
- Pearl Pu, Boi Faltings:
Enriching buyers' experiences: the SmartClient approach.
- Anna Bouch, Allan Kuchinsky, Nina T. Bhatti:
Quality is in the eye of the beholder: meeting users' requirements for Internet quality of service.
- Jungwon Lee, Jinwoo Kim, Jae Yun Moon:
What makes Internet users visit cyber stores again? key design factors for customer loyalty.
- Andrew D. Christian, Brian L. Avery:
Speak out and annoy someone: experience with intelligent kiosks.
- Jennifer Lai, David Wood, Michael Considine:
The effect of task conditions on the comprehensibility of synthetic speech.
- Clifford Nass, Kwan Min Lee:
Does computer-generated speech manifest personality? an experimental test of similarity-attraction.
- Stephanie Rosenbaum, Janice Anne Rohn, Judee Humburg:
A toolkit for strategic usability: results from workshops, panels, and surveys.
- Erik Frøkjær, Morten Hertzum, Kasper Hornbæk:
Measuring usability: are effectiveness, efficiency, and satisfaction really correlated?
- Rick Spencer:
The streamlined cognitive walkthrough method, working around social constraints encountered in a software development company.
- Allan Christian Long Jr., James A. Landay, Lawrence A. Rowe, Joseph Michiels:
Visual similarity of pen gestures.
- Jennifer Mankoff, Scott E. Hudson, Gregory D. Abowd:
Providing integrated toolkit-level support for ambiguity in recognition-based interfaces.
- Steffen Pauws, Don Bouwhuis, Berry Eggen:
Programming and enjoying music with your eyes closed.
- Gavin Jancke, Jonathan Grudin, Anoop Gupta:
Presenting to local and remote audiences: design and use of the TELEP system.
- J. Alberto Espinosa, Jonathan J. Cadiz, Luis Rico-Gutierrez, Robert E. Kraut, William L. Scherlis, Glenn Lautenbacher:
Coming to the wrong decision quickly: why awareness tools must be matched with appropriate tasks.
- Michael J. Taylor, Simon M. Rowe:
Gaze communication using semantically consistent spaces.
- Roland Arsenault, Colin Ware:
Eye-hand co-ordination with force feedback.
- Ian Oakley, Marilyn Rose McGee, Stephen A. Brewster, Philip D. Gray:
Putting the feel in 'look and feel'.
- Jack Tigh Dennerlein, David B. Martin, Christopher J. Hasser:
Force-feedback improves performance for steering and combined steering-targeting tasks.
- Orkut Buyukkokten, Hector Garcia-Molina, Andreas Paepcke, Terry Winograd:
Power browser: efficient Web browsing for PDAs.
- Barry A. T. Brown, Abigail Sellen, Kenton O'Hara:
A diary study of information capture in working life.
- Michel Beaudouin-Lafon:
Instrumental interaction: an interaction model for designing post-WIMP user interfaces.
- Elizabeth F. Churchill, Jonathan Trevor, Sara A. Bly, Les Nelson, Davor Cubranic:
Anchored conversations: chatting in the context of a document.
- Marc A. Smith, Shelly Farnham, Steven M. Drucker:
The social life of small graphical chat spaces.
- Carlos Jensen, Shelly Farnham, Steven M. Drucker, Peter Kollock:
The effect of communication modality on cooperation in online environments.
- Emilee Patrick, Dennis Cosgrove, Aleksandra Slavkovic, Jennifer Ann Rode, Thom Verratti, Greg Chiselko:
Using a large projection screen as an alternative to head-mounted displays for virtual environments.
- Matthew Conway, Steve Audia, Tommy Burnette, Dennis Cosgrove, Kevin Christiansen:
Alice: lessons learned from building a 3D system for novices.
- George G. Robertson, Maarten van Dantzich, Daniel C. Robbins, Mary Czerwinski, Ken Hinckley, Kirsten Risden, David Thiel, Vadim Gorokhovsky:
The Task Gallery: a 3D window manager.
- Lynn K. Baumeister, Bonnie E. John, Michael D. Byrne:
A comparison of tools for building GOMS models.
- James Lin, Mark W. Newman, Jason I. Hong, James A. Landay:
DENIM: finding a tighter fit between tools and practice for Web site design.
- Christian Heide Damm, Klaus Marius Hansen, Michael Thomsen:
Tool support for cooperative object-oriented design: gesture based modelling on an electronic whiteboard.
- Bernd Fröhlich, John Plate:
The cubic mouse: a new device for three-dimensional input.
- Yanqing Wang, Christine L. MacKenzie:
The role of contextual haptic and visual constraints on object manipulation in virtual environments.
- Ivan Poupyrev, Suzanne Weghorst, Sidney Fels:
Non-isomorphic 3D rotational techniques.
- Anu Mäkelä, Verena Giller, Manfred Tscheligi, Reinhard Sefelin:
Joking, storytelling, artsharing, expressing affection: a field trial of how children and their social network communicate with digital images in leisure time.
- Steve Benford, Benjamin B. Bederson, Karl-Petter Åkesson, Victor Bayon, Allison Druin, Pär Hansson, Juan Pablo Hourcade, Rob Ingram, Helen Neale, Claire O'Malley, Kristian T. Simsarian, Danae Stanton, Yngve Sundblad, Gustav Taxén:
Designing storytelling technologies to encouraging collaboration between young children.
- Marko Balabanovic, Lonny L. Chu, Gregory J. Wolff:
Storytelling with digital photographs.