Portland, Oregon, USA Gerrit C. van der Veer, Carolyn Gale (Eds.):
Proceedings of the 2005 Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, CHI 2005, Portland, Oregon, USA, April 2-7, 2005.
ACM 2005, ISBN 1-58113-998-5
- John M. Carroll, Mary Beth Rosson, Jingying Zhou:
Collective efficacy as a measure of community.
- Dan Cosley, Dan Frankowski, Sara B. Kiesler, Loren G. Terveen, John Riedl:
How oversight improves member-maintained communities.
- Jeremy P. Birnholtz, Thomas A. Finholt, Daniel B. Horn, Sung Joo Bae:
Grounding needs: achieving common ground via lightweight chat in large, distributed, ad-hoc groups.
Basic level interaction techniques
Eyes on interaction
Small devices 1
Eye gaze and multimodal integration patterns
Touch & such
Smart interaction techniques 1
Take a number, stand in line (interruptions & attention 1)
- Shamsi T. Iqbal, Piotr D. Adamczyk, Xianjun Sam Zheng, Brian P. Bailey:
Towards an index of opportunity: understanding changes in mental workload during task execution.
- Gloria Mark, Víctor M. González, Justin Harris:
No task left behind?: examining the nature of fragmented work.
- James Fogarty, Andrew Jensen Ko, Htet Htet Aung, Elspeth Golden, Karen P. Tang, Scott E. Hudson:
Examining task engagement in sensor-based statistical models of human interruptibility.
Design thoughts & methods
Smart interaction techniques 2
Methods & usability
Interactive information visualization
Affect and intimacy
- Frank Vetere, Martin R. Gibbs, Jesper Kjeldskov, Steve Howard, Florian Mueller, Sonja Pedell, Karen Mecoles, Marcus Bunyan:
Mediating intimacy: designing technologies to support strong-tie relationships.
- Enrico Costanza, Samuel A. Inverso, Rebecca Allen:
Toward subtle intimate interfaces for mobile devices using an EMG controller.
- Jenni Anttonen, Veikko Surakka:
Emotions and heart rate while sitting on a chair.
Educational & help systems
- Matthew Kam, Jingtao Wang, Alastair Iles, Eric Tse, Jane Chiu, Daniel Glaser, Orna Tarshish, John F. Canny:
Livenotes: a system for cooperative and augmented note-taking in lectures.
- Caitlin Kelleher, Randy Pausch:
Stencils-based tutorials: design and evaluation.
- Susan Yee, Kat S. Park:
StudioBRIDGE: using group, location, and event information to bridge online and offline encounters for co-located learning groups.
- David Holman, Roel Vertegaal, Mark Altosaar, Nikolaus F. Troje, Derek Johns:
Paper windows: interaction techniques for digital paper.
- Russell Kruger, M. Sheelagh T. Carpendale, Stacey D. Scott, Anthony Tang:
Fluid integration of rotation and translation.
- Stephen Voida, Mark Podlaseck, Rick Kjeldsen, Claudio S. Pinhanez:
A study on the manipulation of 2D objects in a projector/camera-based augmented reality environment.
Technology in the home
Safety in a complex world
- C. W. Johnson:
Applying the lessons of the attack on the world trade center, 11th September 2001, to the design and use of interactive evacuation simulations.
Small devices 2
Email and security
- Laura A. Dabbish, Robert E. Kraut, Susan R. Fussell, Sara B. Kiesler:
Understanding email use: predicting action on a message.
- Simson L. Garfinkel, David Margrave, Jeffrey I. Schiller, Erik Nordlander, Robert C. Miller:
How to make secure email easier to use.
- Kumar Chellapilla, Kevin Larson, Patrice Y. Simard, Mary Czerwinski:
Designing human friendly human interaction proofs (HIPs).
- Steve Benford, Duncan Rowland, Martin Flintham, Adam Drozd, Richard Hull, Josephine Reid, Jo Morrison, Keri Facer:
Life on the edge: supporting collaboration in location-based experiences.
- Eric Lee, Marius Wolf, Jan Borchers:
Improving orchestral conducting systems in public spaces: examining the temporal characteristics and conceptual models of conducting gestures.
- Stuart Reeves, Steve Benford, Claire O'Malley, Mike Fraser:
Designing the spectator experience.
Enhancing virtual spaces and large displays
Papers on presenting papers
- QianYing Wang, Clifford Nass:
Less visible and wireless: two experiments on the effects of microphone type on users' performance and perception.
Designing for and with kids
Understanding users and usage patterns
Interruptions and attention 2:
attending to interruptions
Last update Sun May 19 21:50:26 2013
CET by the DBLP Team — Data released under the ODC-BY 1.0 license — See also our legal information page