8. CSCL 2009:
Rhodes, GreeceAngelique Dimitracopoulou, Claire O'Malley, Daniel D. Suthers, Peter Reimann (Eds.):
Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Computer Supported Collaborative Learning, CSCL'09, Rhodes, Greece, June 8-13, 2009, Volume 2.
International Society of the Learning Sciences 2009, ISBN 978-1-4092-8598-4
Last update Mon May 20 22:41:18 2013
CET by the DBLP Team — Data released under the ODC-BY 1.0 license — See also our legal information page
- Charles Goodwin:
Calibrating bodies and cognition through interactive practice in a meaningful environment.
- Pierre Dillenbourg:
Exploring neglected planes: social signals and class orchestration.
- Rosemary Luckin:
Participatory learning in context.
- Claire O'Malley:
From Maratea to Rhodes: twenty years of CSCL.
- James D. Slotta, Turadg Aleahmad:
Toward a technology community in the learning sciences.
- Alissa Nicole Antle, Chronis Kynigos, Leilah Lyons, Paul Marshall, Tom Moher, Maria Roussou:
Manifesting embodiment: designers' variations on a theme.
- Friedrich W. Hesse, Gerry Stahl:
Productive tensions in CSCL: should design be driven by theory, research or practice?
- Allan Collins, Gerhard Fischer, Brigid Barron, Chen-Chung Liu, Hans Spada:
Long-tail learning: a unique opportunity for CSCL?
- Brigid Barron, Caitlin Kennedy Martin, Emma Mercier, Roy Pea, Daniel J. Steinbock, Sarah E. Walter, Leslie R. Herrenkohl, Véronique Mertl, Kersti Tyson:
Repertoires of collaborative practice.
- Timothy Koschmann, Gerry Stahl:
A comparative analysis of understanding practices in the VMT environment.
- Michael Baker, Jerry Andriessen:
Socio-relational, affective and cognitive dimensions of CSCL interactions: integrating theoretical-methodological perspectives.
- Stamatina Anastopoulou, Claire O'Malley:
Issues in scaffolding collaborative inquiry science learning.
- Manu Kapur, Nikol Rummel:
The assistance dilemma in CSCL.
- Vanessa Svihla:
Methods for triangulation and revealing interaction.
- Vanessa Svihla, Rachel S. Phillips, Drue Gawel, Nancy Vye, Megan Brown, John D. Bransford:
A tool for 21st century learning and assessment.
- Trena Paulus, Heather Stewart, Anton Reece, Patti Long:
Positioning theory as analytic tool for understanding intersubjective meaning-making.
- Deborah A. Fields, Yasmin B. Kafai:
From outcast to expert: identities as a conceptual lens for studying learning through design across spaces.
- Garrett W. Smith, Sarah A. Sullivan, Sadhana Puntambekar:
When to collaborate: individual and group exploration of a hypertext environment within an inquiry science classroom.
- Iris K. Howley, Sourish Chaudhuri, Rohit Kumar, Carolyn Penstein Rosé:
Motivation and collaborative behavior: an exploratory analysis.
- Myung Hee Kang, Ji Yoon Jung, Mi Soon Park, Hyo Jin Park:
Impact of learning presence on learner interaction and outcome in web-based project learning.
- Neema Moraveji, Robb Lindgren, Roy Pea:
Organized mischief: comparing shared and private displays on a collaborative learning task.
- Anushree Bopardikar, Dana Gnesdilow, Sadhana Puntambekar:
Interplay of group dynamics and science talk in a design based classroom.
- Andreas Gegenfurtner:
What is seen on the screen? exploring collaborative interpretation, representational tools, and disciplined perception in medicine.
- Matthias Korn, Michael Veith:
Learning support through scaffolding collaborative project work.
- Karen Brennan:
Scratch-Ed: an online community for scratch educators.
- Cheryl Ann Madeira, James D. Slotta:
Designing on-line communities to enhance teacher professional development.
- Olivier Caviale, Eric Bruillard:
Can teachers' discussion lists be a tool for in-service collaborative learning? what reveals a three years analysis?
- Maria Daskolia, Niki Lambropoulos, Panagiotis Kampylis:
Advancing collaborative creativity in the context of Greek teachers' in-service training in environmental education.
- Zina Sahib, Julita Vassileva:
WISETales: sharing personal stories as informal learning experience for women in science and engineering.
- Mike Tissenbaum, James D. Slotta:
A new framework for smart classroom research: co-designing curriculum, research and technology.
- Steven Kerlin, Elizabeth Goehring, William Carlsen, James Larsen, Charles Fisher:
Design of an online global learning community: international collaboration of grades 7-9 science students.
- Heilyn Camacho, Lone Dirckinck-Holmfeld:
Designing environments for collaborative learning: facilitating the adoption of ICT in small and medium sized enterprises in Costa Rica.
- Toshio Mochizuki, Hiroki Oura, Tomomi Sato, Toshihisa Nishimori, Mio Tsubakimoto, Jun Nakahara, Yuhei Yamauchi, Johansson Kjell Henrik, Kenichiro Matsumoto, Shinichi Watanabe, Takashi Miyatani:
eJournalPlus: development of a collaborative learning system for constructive and critical reading skills.
- Anthony Cocciolo:
Using speech recognition technology in the classroom: an experiment in computer-supported collaborative learning.
- Sarah Lewis, Roy Pea, Joe Rosen:
Mobltz: a mobile multimedia tool for informal learning.
- Lyn Pemberton, Marcus Winter:
Collaborative augmented reality in schools.
- James M. Laffey, Matthew Schmidt, Janine Stichter, Carla Schmidt, Sean P. Goggins:
iSocial: a 3D VLE for youth with autism.
- Andri Ioannou, Agni Stylianou-Georgiou:
Fostering online collaborative learning using wikis: a pilot study.
- Swapna Kumar:
Designing wikis for collaborative learning and knowledge-building in higher education.
- Beaumie Kim, Alexis Pang, Misong Kim, Jason Lee:
Designing with learners for game-based collaborative learning: an account of T-rex group.
- Britte Haugan Cheng, Serena Villalba, Daniel Schwartz, Doris Chin, Patrik Lundh, Aasha Joshi:
Bridging school and home: students' engagement with technology-rich activities.
- Manolis Tzagarakis, George Gkotsis, Markos Hatzitaskos, Nikos Karousos, Nikos I. Karacapilidis:
CoPe_it!: argumentative collaboration towards learning.
- Marilena Petrou, Lucinda Kerawalla, Eileen Scanlon:
The 'talk factory' software: scaffolding students' argumentation around an interactive whiteboard in primary school science.
- Ricki Goldman, Chaoyan Dong, Reneta Lansiquot:
Software design principles for video research in the learning sciences and CSCL: two studies use the perspectivity framework & Orion™.
- Alyssa Friend Wise, Poornima Padmanabhan, Thomas M. Duffy:
Connecting online learners at a distance: the promise and challenge of using metaphors as reference points.
- Michael Oehl, Hans-Rüdiger Pfister:
Explicit references in chat-based CSCL: do they facilitate global text processing? evidence from eye movement analyses.
- Satu Jalonen, Kari Kosonen, Minna Lakkala:
Analyzing technology-enhanced knowledge practices in an engineering course.
- Mario Aehnelt, Sybille Hambach, Petra Müsebeck, Marleen Musielak, Robert de Hoog, Jose Kooken, Stefanie N. Lindstaedt:
Context and scripts: supporting interactive work-integrated learning.
- Vlad Posea, Stefan Trausan-Matu, Eelco Mossel, Paola Monachesi:
Supporting collaborative learning across social media applications.
- Ying-Shao Hsu, Hsin-Kai Wu, Fu-Kwun Hwang, Li-Fen Lin:
Design distributed scaffolding for modeling a complex system.
- Monica Gavota, Mireille Bétrancourt, Daniel Schneider, Urs Richle:
Scaffolding for computer supported writing to learn activities in vocational training.
- Anne Meier, Hans Spada:
Fostering collaborators' ability to draw inferences from distributed information: a training experiment.
- Hsien-Ta Lin, Barry Fishman:
Scaffolding teacher adaptation by making design intent explicit.
- Nobuko Fujita, Christopher Teplovs:
Automating the analysis of collaborative discourse: identifying idea clusters.
- Christopher Teplovs, Nobuko Fujita:
Determining curricular coverage of student contributions to an online discourse environment through the use of latent semantic analysis and term clouds.
- Georgios Fesakis, Angelique Dimitracopoulou:
Proposing "collaborative filtering" to foster collaboration in ScratchR community.
- James M. Laffey, Ran-Young Hong, Krista Galyen, Sean P. Goggins, Christopher Amelung:
Context-aware activity notification system: supporting CSCL.
- Emmanuel Giguet, Nadine Lucas, François-Marie Blondel, Eric Bruillard:
Share and explore discussion forum objects on the Calico website.
- Christophe Reffay, Marie-Laure Betbeder:
Improving CSCL indicators by sharing multimodal teaching and learning corpora.
- Eleni Voyiatzaki, Nikolaos M. Avouris:
Alternative ways of monitoring collaboration.
- Traian Rebedea, Stefan Trausan-Matu:
Computer-assisted evaluation of CSCL chat conversations.
- Gahgene Gweon, Rohit Kumar, Carolyn Penstein Rosé:
GRASP: the group learning assessment platform.
- Frank Loll, Niels Pinkwart, Oliver Scheuer, Bruce M. McLaren:
An architecture for intelligent CSCL argumentation systems.
- Rohit Kumar, Sourish Chaudhuri, Iris K. Howley, Carolyn Penstein Rosé:
VMT-Basilica: an environment for rapid prototyping of collaborative learning environments with dynamic support.
- Karsten Stegmann, Sara Streng, Max Halbinger, Jonas Koch, Frank Fischer, Heinrich Hußmann:
eXtremely simple scripting (XSS): a framework to speed up the development of computer-supported collaboration scripts.
- Andreas Harrer, Dan Kohen-Vacs, Benedikt Roth, Nils Malzahn, Ulrich Hoppe, Miky Ronen:
Design and enactment of collaboration scripts: an integrative approach with graphical notations and learning platforms.
- Christian Martel, Laurence Vignollet, Christine Ferraris, Emmanuelle Villiot-Leclercq:
A design rational of an editor for pedagogical procedures.
- Gerry Stahl, Paul A. Kirschner:
Introduction to CSCL 2009 workshops, tutorials and seminars.
- Gerry Stahl:
Introduction to CSCL.
- Patrick Jermann, Marc-Antoine Nüssli:
Collecting and analyzing gaze data from collaborative interaction.
- Ulrike Cress:
- Karen Brennan, Andrés Monroy-Hernández, Mitchel Resnick:
Scratch: creating and sharing interactive media.
- Miky Ronen, Dan Kohen-Vacs, Andreas Harrer, Yael Kali:
Modeling, creating and enacting online collaborative scripts.
- Jane Alexen Shuyska:
Constructing graphical and hypertextual knowledge representations for learning.
- Reuma De-Groot:
E-discussions moderation made easier with the Argunaut tool.
- Dan Suthers, Nancy Law, Kristine Lund, Carolyn Penstein Rosé, Chris Teplovs:
Common objects for productive multivocality in analysis.
- Eric Bruillard, Angelique Dimitracopoulou, Peter Reimann:
Interaction analysis and visualization for asynchronous communication: analysis methods, tools and research questions.
- Jacqueline Bourdeau, Riichiro Mizoguchi, Seiji Isotani, Barbara Wasson, Weiqin Chen, Jelena Jovanovic:
Intelligent and innovative support of collaborative learning activities (WIISCOLA).
- Christine Ferraris, Laurence Vignollet, Christian Martel, Andreas Harrer, Yannis A. Dimitriadis:
Competitive challenge on adapting activities modeled by CSCL scripts.
- Stavros N. Demetriadis, Yannis A. Dimitriadis, Frank Fischer:
Scripted vs. free CS collaboration: alternatives and paths for adaptable and flexible CS scripted collaboration.
- Niels Pinkwart, Frank Loll, Oliver Scheuer, Bruce M. McLaren:
CSCL argumentation systems: how do empirical results and emerging technologies inform system development?
- John Brecht, Patricia K. Schank, Yannis A. Dimitriadis:
Agile learning and collaboration: improvisational uses of group scribbles and other CSCL tools.
- Frank Fischer, Jody S. Underwood, Baruch Schwarz:
Post-doc & early-career workshop.
- Chris Quintana, Pierre Tchounikine:
CSCL 2009 doctoral consortium workshop.
- Holger Dick:
Supporting and fostering online communities with wikis.
- Deborah A. Fields:
Understanding identities across social spaces.
- Andreas Gegenfurtner:
Ontogenetic and sociogenetic perspectives on learning, technology, and medical image diagnosis.
- Katherine D. Knight, Sadhana Puntambekar:
Methods for analyzing teacher facilitation of collaborative learning in the science classroom.
- Richard Medina:
Intersubjective meaning making as representational practice in multimodal collaborative environments.
- Hedieh Najafi:
Transforming learning in science classrooms: a hybrid knowledge community approach.
- Michele Notari:
The impact of computer supported written communication in a collaborative project based learning scenario.
- Suparna Sinha:
Impact of technological affordances on cognitive engagement in computer supported collaborative learning environments.
- Joshua Underwood:
Designing technology enhanced learning contexts.
- Johnny Yuen:
Fostering collaborative knowledge building through advancing students' personal epistemology.
- Stella Vosniadou, Lone Dirckinck-Holmfeld:
CSCL and the transformation of education.