Hangzhou, China Pamela J. Hinds, John C. Tang, Jian Wang, Jakob E. Bardram, Nicolas Ducheneaut (Eds.):
Proceedings of the 2011 ACM Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work, CSCW 2011, Hangzhou, China, March 19-23, 2011.
ACM 2011, ISBN 978-1-4503-0556-3
Social computing in China
The ICT that binds
Making invisible visible
- Christian Bird, Brendan Murphy, Nachiappan Nagappan, Thomas Zimmermann:
Empirical software engineering at Microsoft Research.
- Bin Hu, Fang Zheng, Li Liu:
Ubiquitous awareness and intelligent solutions lab: Lanzhou University.
- Chang Yan Chi, Qinying Liao, Yingxin Pan, Shiwan Zhao, Tara Matthews, Thomas P. Moran, Michelle X. Zhou, David R. Millen, Ching-Yung Lin, Ido Guy:
Smarter social collaboration at IBM research.
Personalities & profiles
- Yan Xu, Xiang Cao, Abigail Sellen, Ralf Herbrich, Thore Graepel:
Sociable killers: understanding social relationships in an online first-person shooter game.
- Suvi Silfverberg, Lassi A. Liikkanen, Airi Lampinen:
"I'll press play, but I won't listen": profile work in a music-focused social network service.
- Atsunori Minamikawa, Hiroyuki Yokoyama:
Blog tells what kind of personality you have: egogram estimation from Japanese weblog.
- Lindsay Reynolds, Samantha Gillette, Jason Marder, Zachary Miles, Pavel Vodenski, Ariella Weintraub, Jeremy P. Birnholtz, Jeffrey T. Hancock:
Contact stratification and deception: blackberry messenger versus SMS use among students.
- Jacki O'Neill, Stefania Castellani, Frédéric Roulland, Nicolas Hairon, Cornell Juliano, Liwei Dai:
From ethnographic study to mixed reality: a remote collaborative troubleshooting system.
- John C. Tang, Chen Zhao, Xiang Cao, Kori Inkpen:
Your time zone or mine?: a study of globally time zone-shifted collaboration.
- Steven J. Jackson, David Ribes, Ayse G. Buyuktur, Geoffrey C. Bowker:
Collaborative rhythm: temporal dissonance and alignment in collaborative scientific work.
Creating context for collaboration
- Ido Guy, Sigalit Ur, Inbal Ronen, Adam Perer, Michal Jacovi:
Do you want to know?: recommending strangers in the enterprise.
- N. Sadat Shami, Michael J. Muller, David R. Millen:
Browse and discover: social file sharing in the enterprise.
- Aditya Johri:
Look ma, no email!: blogs and IRC as primary and preferred communication tools in a distributed firm.
- Mark J. Handel, Steven E. Poltrock:
Working around official applications: experiences from a large engineering project.
- Jennifer Thom-Santelli, David R. Millen, Darren Gergle:
Organizational acculturation and social networking.
- Jennifer Marlow, Laura Dabbish:
Photo sharing in diverse distributed teams.
- Rosta Farzan, Laura A. Dabbish, Robert E. Kraut, Tom Postmes:
Increasing commitment to online communities by designing for social presence.
- Sean A. Munson, Emily Rosengren, Paul Resnick:
Thanks and tweets: comparing two public displays.
- Mark W. Newman, Debra Lauterbach, Sean A. Munson, Paul Resnick, Margaret E. Morris:
It's not that i don't have problems, i'm just not putting them on facebook: challenges and opportunities in using online social networks for health.
- Yong Ming Kow, Bonnie A. Nardi:
Forget online communities?: revisit cooperative work!
- David A. Shamma, Lyndon Kennedy, Elizabeth F. Churchill:
Peaks and persistence: modeling the shape of microblog conversations.
Identity and self-disclosure
- Shelly Farnham, Elizabeth F. Churchill:
Faceted identity, faceted lives: social and technical issues with being yourself online.
- Jed R. Brubaker, Gillian R. Hayes:
SELECT * FROM USER: infrastructure and socio-technical representation.
- Funda Kivran-Swaine, Mor Naaman:
Network properties and social sharing of emotions in social awareness streams.
- Kori M. Inkpen, Mara Sedlins:
Me and my avatar: exploring users' comfort with avatars for workplace communication.
- Dai Tang, Tina Chou, Naomi Drucker, Adi Robertson, William C. Smith, Jeffrey T. Hancock:
A tale of two languages: strategic self-disclosure via language selection on facebook.
- Sameer Patil, Xinru Page, Alfred Kobsa:
With a little help from my friends: can social navigation inform interpersonal privacy preferences?
Interferring patterns from usage date in programming and search
Under the hood
- John Bolton, Kibum Kim, Roel Vertegaal:
Privacy and sharing information on spherical and large flat displays.
- Christian Dörner, Torben Wiedenhoefer, Mary-Ann Sprenger, Volkmar Pipek:
SISO: simple service orchestration (video showcase).
- Kevin Dullemond, Ben van Gameren:
Communico: overhearing conversations in a virtual office.
- Ari Hautasaari, Nadia Bouz-Asal, Rieko Inaba, Toru Ishida:
Intercultural collaboration with the language grid toolbox.
- Petra Isenberg, Danyel Fisher:
Cambiera: collaborative tabletop visual analytics.
- Yufei Jiang, Ruizhi Gao, Yuan Huang:
The video of Xland: two core use cases of 3D blog.
- Pranav Mistry, Suranga Nanayakkara, Pattie Maes:
SPARSH: touch the cloud.
- Peyman Nasirifard, Conor Hayes:
A real-time tweet diffusion advisor for #Twitter.
- Andi Winterboer, Merijn A. Martens, Gregor Pavlin, Frans C. A. Groen, Vanessa Evers:
DIADEM: a system for collaborative environmental monitoring.
Last update Sun May 19 21:56:41 2013
CET by the DBLP Team — Data released under the ODC-BY 1.0 license — See also our legal information page
- Naveen Bagalkot, Tomas Sokoler:
MagicMirror: towards enhancing collaborative rehabilitation practices.
- Roman Bednarik, Andrey Shipilov, Sami Pietinen:
Bidirectional gaze in remote computer mediated collaboration: setup and initial results from pair-programming.
- Anders Bouwer, Frank Nack, Vanessa Evers:
Towards support for collaborative navigation in complex indoor environments.
- Nadia Bouz-Asal, Rieko Inaba, Toru Ishida:
Analyzing patterns in composing teaching materials from the web.
- Muriel Bowie, Oliver Schmid, Agnes Lisowska Masson, Béat Hirsbrunner:
Web-based multipointer interaction on shared displays.
- Frank Chen, Eric Hekler, Jinhui Hu, Shen Li, Candy Zhao:
Designing for context-aware health self-monitoring, feedback, and engagement.
- Tim Coughlan, Anne Adams, Trevor D. Collins, Sarah-Jane Davies, John Lea, Yvonne Rogers:
Working with 'mission control' in scientific fieldwork: supporting interactions between in situ and distanced collaborators.
- Anthony DeVincenzi, Lining Yao, Hiroshi Ishii, Ramesh Raskar:
Kinected conference: augmenting video imaging with calibrated depth and audio.
- Mingming Fan, Xin Li, Yu Zhong, Li Tian, Yuanchun Shi, Hao Wang:
Surprise Grabber: a co-located tangible social game using phone hand gesture.
- Mirko Fetter, Tom Gross:
PRIMIExperience: experience sampling via instant messaging.
- Kristina Groth, Oscar Frykholm, Alexander Yngling:
Clinical journal: a collaborative shared medical workspace.
- Julien Guibourdenche, Jacqueline Vacherand-Revel, Michèle Grosjean, Myriam Fréjus, Yvon Haradji:
Using multiple scores for transcribing the distributed activities of a family.
- Masahiro Hamasaki, Masataka Goto, Hideaki Takeda:
Social Infobox: collaborative knowledge construction by social property tagging.
- Shuyuan Mary Ho, Xiangmin Zhang:
i-sensor inference model for assessing trustworthiness in computer-mediated communications.
- Aditya Johri, Oded Nov, Raktim Mitra:
Environmental jolts: impact of exogenous factors on online community participation.
- Joy Wei Jung, Kai Wang:
Your and my little sprout.
- Saman Kamran, Fabio Crestani:
Defining ontology by using users collaboration on social media.
- Hideaki Kanai, Kei Kitahara:
A menu-planning support system to facilitate communication among neighbors.
- Gyu Hyun Kwon, Yoon Suk Lee, Mithilesh Kumar:
The Tree of Knowledge: a localized collective intelligence tool.
- Wei Liu, Pieter Jan Stappers, Gert Pasman, Jenneke Taal-Fokker:
Supporting generation Y interactions: challenges for office work.
- Oleksandr Lobunets, Wolfgang Prinz:
Evaluating a smart working environment with a digital card game prototype.
- Anthony Masih:
Towards requirements engineering for a tumour removing robot: work-practice observation of surgical teams performing brain tumour surgery.
- William L. McGill, Yan Cao, Miao Jiang, Jorge J. Calle, Stephen Broomell, Gale Lauser:
Eliciting risk perceptions with an online game: preliminary results.
- Tim Robert Merritt, Kian Boon Tan, Christopher Ong, Aswin Thomas Abraham, Teong Leong Chuah, Kevin McGee:
Are artificial team-mates scapegoats in computer games.
- Pranav Mistry, Suranga Nanayakkara, Pattie Maes:
SPARSH: passing data using the body as a medium.
- Mamoun Nawahdah, Tomoo Inoue:
Automatic adjustment of a virtual teacher's model in a learning support system.
- Mariano Perez Pelaez, Ikuro Choh:
Interactions with real and digital elements for collaborative document creation.
- Pei-Luen Patrick Rau, Jun Liu, Stephan Verhasselt, Toshikazu Kato, Christopher M. Schlick:
Different time management behaviors of Germans, Chinese and Japanese.
- Carlos Denner Santos Jr., Marcos Bonci Cavalca, Fabio Kon, Julio Singer, Victor Ritter, Damaris Regina, Tamy Tsujimoto:
Intellectual property policy and attractiveness: a longitudinal study of free and open source software projects.
- Victoria Schwanda, Kyle Barron, Jennifer Lien, Gretchen Schroeder, Ashley Vernon, Jeffrey T. Hancock:
Temporal patterns of cohesiveness in virtual groups.
- Jingfeng Shao, Jinfu Wang, Liping Yang:
A production monitoring and data processing system for the textile enterprise based on multi-Agent.
- Vandana Singh, Aditya Johri, Raktim Mitra:
Types of newcomers in an online developer community.
- Takahiro Tanaka, Kinya Fujita:
Study of user interruptibility estimation based on focused application switching.
- Patrick Wagstrom, Jacquelyn Martino, Jürg von Kaenel, Marshini Chetty, John C. Thomas, Lauretta Jones:
A dive into online community properties.
- Markus Westerlund, Maria Normark, Lars Erik Holmquist:
Express location: supporting coordination of mobile delivery work.
- Xuan Zhao, Wenpeng Xiao, Chang Yan Chi, Min Yang:
Integrating Twitter into Wiki to support informal awareness.