Proceedings of the First DELOS Network of Excellence Workshop on "Information Seeking, Searching and Querying in Digital Libraries", Zurich, Switzerland, December, 11-12, 2000. online publication http: //www.ercim.org/publication/ws-proceedings/DelNoe01/
DELOS Workshop: Information Seeking, Searching and Querying in Digital Libraries 2000
- C. J. van Rijsbergen: Path Dependent Information Retrieval (invited talk).
- Enrico Franconi: Knowledge Representation meets Digital Libraries.
- Elaine G. Toms: Serendipitous Information Retrieval.
- W. Bruce Croft: Combining Approaches to IR (invited talk).
- Alexander Steidinger: Comparison of different Collection Fusion Models in Distributed Information Retrieval.
- Ophir Frieder: On the Integration of Structured Data and Text: A Review of the SIRE Architecture (invited talk).
- Arjen P. de Vries: Challenging Ubiquitous Inverted Files.
- Odej Kao: SMP and Cluster Architectures for Retrieval of Images in Digital Libraries.
- Pavel Zezula: A Hashed Schema for Similarity Search in Metric Spaces (invited talk).
- Norbert Fuhr: Information Retrieval in Digital Libraries: Dealing with Structure (invited talk).
- John R. Smith: Interoperable Content-based Access of Multimedia in Digital Libraries (invited talk).
- Luis Gravano: Characterizing Web Resources for Improved Search.
- Hervé Bourlard: Will the spoken words be back to libraries? (invited talk - Abstract not available).