11. ECIS 2003:
Naples, Italy Claudio U. Ciborra, Riccardo Mercurio, Marco de Marco, Marcello Martinez, Andrea Carignani (Eds.):
Proceedings of the 11th European Conference on Information Systems, ECIS 2003, Naples, Italy 16-21 June 2003.
Last update Wed May 22 23:23:30 2013
CET by the DBLP Team — Data released under the ODC-BY 1.0 license — See also our legal information page
- Owen Harte Barry, Brian O'Flaherty:
A case of 'non strategic' alignment - An IT and business unit liaison role.
- John Mingers:
A critique of statistical modelling from a critical realist perspective.
- Risto Rajala, Matti Rossi, Virpi Kristiina Tuunainen:
A framework for analyzing software business models.
- Rustam M. Vahidov, Gregory E. Kersten:
A framework for situated decision support systems.
- Brian Donnellan, Brian Fitzgerald:
A knowledge management application to support knowledge sharing in a design engineering community.
- Danilo Ardagna, Chiara Francalanci, Marco Trubian:
A multi-model algorithm for the cost-oriented design of the information technology infrastructure.
- Wasana Sedera, Michael Rosemann, Gabriella Doebeli:
A process modelling success model: insights from a case study.
- Rüdiger Zarnekow, Walter Brenner:
A product-based information management approach.
- Donal J. Flynn, Zahid I. Hussain:
A qualitative approach to investigating the behavioural definitions of the four-paradigm theory of information systems development.
- Lloyd Brodsky, Yao-Hua Tan:
A risk management of ASPs.
- Mario Christ, Steffan Baron, Ramayya Krishnan, Daniel Nagin, Oliver Günther:
A session-based empirical investigation of web usage.
- Se-Hak Chun, Jhung-Soo Hong, Ji-Ho Joo, Eunjin Kim, Min-Young Kim, Jae-Cheol Kim:
A strategic analysis of internet contents market in electronic commerce.
- Amany R. Elbanna:
Achieving social integration to implement ERP systems.
- Jennie Carroll, Daniel Tobin:
Acting out the future: a process for envisionment.
- Antonio Cordella, Maha Shaikh:
Actor network theory and after: what's new for IS research?
- Ryan Peterson, Alea M. Fairchild:
Adoption trends in application service provisioning: an exploratory field study of small and medium-size enterprises.
- Aristides Triantafillakis, Panagiotis Kanellis, Drakoulis Martakos:
An agent-based framework for materialized view maintenance in collaborative electronic commerce environments.
- Ben Light:
An alternative theory of legacy information systems.
- Jochen Franke, Tim Stockheim:
An analysis of the impact of reputation on supply webs.
- Robert Winter:
An architecture model for supporting application integration decisions.
- Vincenzo Morabito:
An empirical investigation of determinants to buy application services from ASPs.
- Weiquan Wang, Izak Benbasat:
An empirical investigation of intelligent agents for e-business customer relationship management: a knowledge management perspective.
- Huixian Li, John Lim, K. S. Raman:
An exploratory case study on IS implementation and organizational change in China.
- Christy M. K. Cheung, Matthew K. O. Lee:
An integrative model of consumer trust in internet shopping.
- Miltiadis D. Lytras, Athanasia Pouloudi, Nikolaos Korfiatis:
An ontological oriented approach on e-learning. Integrating semantics for adaptive e-learning systems.
- Sven Grolik, Dirk Kalmring, Dietrich Lehner, Chiara Frigerio:
Analysis of interrelations between business models and knowledge management strategies in consulting firms.
- José A. Moinhos Cordeiro, Joaquim Filipe:
Application of the theory of organized activity to the coordination of social information systems.
- Jyoti Choudrie, Anastasia Papazafeiropoulou, Heejin Lee:
Applying stakeholder theory to analyse the diffusion of broadband in South Korea: the importance of the government's role.
- Jörg Becker, Ralf Knackstedt, Thomas Serries:
Architectures for enterprise information portals: an approach to integrate data warehousing and content management.
- Ruggero Rossi De Mio:
Assessing a measure of social emotional interaction in face-to-face and virtual communication using the Bales' Method.
- Hannu Salmela:
Assessing the business consequences of systems risk.
- Philip O'Reilly, Pat Finnegan:
Assessing the performance of an electronic marketplace: a conceptual model and case study.
- Kamaljeet Sandhu, Brian J. Corbitt:
Assessing web-based electronic services adoption model (E-SAM).
- Prodromos Tsiavos, Ian Hosein:
Beyond good and evil: why open source development for peer-to-peer networks does not necessarily equal to an open society is as imbalanced as copyright law and definitely is not going to make you a better person.
- Roman Beck, Wolfgang König, Rolf T. Wigand:
Beyond the electronic commerce diffusion race: efficiency prevails.
- Jörg Becker, Christian Brelage, Michael Thygs, Michael Ribbert:
Conceptual design of www-based information systems.
- Sue Newell, Robert D. Galliers, Jimmy C. Huang:
Conceptualizing the three dimensions of inter-organizational communities of practice.
- Jesper Simonsen, Jens Kaaber Pors:
Conditions for change related to groupware in a distributed organization - a case study.
- Adela Mlcakova, Edgar A. Whitley:
Configuring peer-to-peer software: an empirical study of how users react to the regulatory features of software.
- Bjørn Erik Munkvold, Tero Päivärinta, Anne Kristine Hodne, Elin Stangeland:
Contemporary issues of enterprise content management: the case of statoil.
- Yvonne Arnold, Jan Marco Leimeister, Helmut Krcmar:
CoPEP: a development process model for community platforms for cancer patients.
- Sven A. Carlsson:
Critical realism: a way forward in IS research.
- Vanessa Gemmo, Rita Bissola, Andrea Carignani:
Defining prerequisites for banking web site design: the wow! approach.
- Mariagrazia Fugini, Mario Mezzanzanica:
Development of a security methodology for cooperative information systems: the cooPSIS project.
- Niki Panteli:
Discourse analysis in IS research: constructing presence in virtual organizing.
- Stefan Kremer, Lutz Kolbe, Walter Brenner:
Do you know your terms? - A procedure model for terminology management.
- Parissa Haghirian:
Does culture really matter? Cultural influences on the knowledge transfer process within multinational corporations.
- Bill Anckar:
Drivers and inhibitors to E-Commerce adoption: Exploring the rationality of consumer behavior in the electronic marketplace.
- Stefan Figge, Gregor Schrott, Jan Muntermann, Kai Rannenberg, S.-H. Chun:
Earning m-oney - a situation based approach for mobile business models.
- Agneta Ranerup:
E-careers guidance in quasi-markets for education.
- Xin Wei Wang, Hock-Hai Teo, Kwok Kee Wei, Choon-Ling Sia, Matthew K. O. Lee:
Effects of learning capacity and knowledge base on executive decision formation for IT adoption: an empirical study of small and medium-sized organizations.
- Chee-Wee Tan, Shan Ling Pan, Eric Tze Kuan Lim:
E-governance: towards a strategic convergence of stakeholder interests.
- Paola Bielli, Jane E. Klobas:
E-learning and SMEs: do demand and supply speak the same language?
- Cristina Cáliz, Sandra Sieber:
E-learning: designing new business education.
- Joze Kuzic, Nicholas Billington:
Electronic commerce issues in the australian manufacturing industry.
- Robert M. Davison, Douglas R. Vogel, Joze Gricar, Roger Harris, Maddalena Sorrentino:
Electronic commerce on the new silk road: a cornucopia of research opportunities.
- Paul Beynon-Davies, Ian Owens, Michael D. Williams, Rebecca A. Hill:
Electronic consultation at the national assembly for Wales.
- Linda Wilkins, Tanya Castleman, Paula M. C. Swatman:
Electronic markets and service delivery: governance and related competencies in virtual environments.
- Walter D. Fernández, Alan Underwood:
Emerging organisations: metateams in major IT projects.
- Gregory E. Kersten:
E-negotiations: towards engineering of technology-based social processes.
- Tobias Keim, Frank Färber, Tim Weitzel:
Enhancing partner matching with recommendation systems.
- Redouane El Amrani, Frantz Rowe, Marc Bidan, Bénédicte Geffroy-Maronnat, Rolande Marciniak:
ERP implementation and change: towards a cross-functional view.
- Daniel L. Moody, Guttorm Sindre:
Evaluating the effectiveness of learning interventions: an information systems case study.
- Konstantina Vasilopoulou, Polyxeni Ziouvelou, Adamantia G. Pateli, Athanasia Pouloudi:
Examining e-business models: applying a holistic approach in the mobile environment.
- Tom Butler, Aidan Pyke:
Examining the influence of ERP systems on firm-specific knowledge and core capabilities: a case study of SAP implementation and use.
- Carl Magnus Olsson:
Exploring perceptions of IT support for road haulage companies: a qualitative interview study.
- Joe Peppard, Anna Rylander:
Exploring products and services in cyberspace: towards a categorisation.
- Richard T. Vidgen, Sabine Madsen:
Exploring the socio-technical dimension of information system development: use cases and job satisfaction.
- Bernard Terrill, Andrew Flitman:
Factors influencing users' satisfaction with integrative knowledge management systems - A preliminary investigation.
- Chris Barry, Jeremy Brown:
Finding a home for web-based information systems - perusing the landscape.
- Ghiyoung Im, Arjan Raven:
Fit and social construction in knowledge management systems.
- Emanuela Pauselli:
From e-business to knowledge e-trading.
- Christopher J. Hemingway, Karin Breu:
From traditional to virtual organisation: implications for work unit boundaries.
- Moez Limayem, Sabine Gabriele Hirt, Christy M. K. Cheung:
Habit in the context of IS continuance: theory extension and scale development.
- Eun-Young Kim, Jin-Ho Choi, Jhung-Soo Hong, Tae-Hun Kim, Se-Hak Chun:
Hybrid XML data model architecture for efficient document management.
- Claudio U. Ciborra, Daniel Osei-joehene:
ICT corporate infrastructures and risk: a dual perspective.
- Dirk Postma:
ICT enhanced communities of practice: respecting and maintaining the duality between organizations and practices.
- Antonio Acconcia, Alfredo Del Monte:
ICT growth and convergence between rich and poor regions.
- Marianna Sigala:
Implementing customer relationship management in the hotel sector: does IT matter?
- Michael T. K. Tan, K. S. Raman, Kwok Kee Wei:
Implementing inter-organizational systems (IOS) for strategic advantage: a value-flow framework.
- Timo Lainema:
Implications of constructivism for computer-based learning.
- Laurel Evelyn Dyson:
Indigenous australians in the information age: exploring issues of neutrality in information technology.
- Xianfeng Zhang, Qi Li, Yong Zhang:
Influencing factors of securities e-commerce in China.
- Qing Hu, Jim Quan:
Information intensity and the impact of IT investments on productivity: an industry level perspective.
- Georgios P. Papamichail, Ioannis P. Antoniadis:
Information quality issues in telco database marketing campaigns.
- Marius A. Janson, Dubravka Cecez-Kecmanovic:
Information sysems development and the participatory ethos.
- Keith S. Horton:
Information systems strategy and configurational technologies: cases from the UK public sector.
- Sebastián Bruque Cámara, José Moyano-Fuentes, M. Jesús Hernández-Ortiz, Alfonso Vargas-Sánchez:
Information technology and competitive advantage. The role of the ownership structure.
- Paul A. Pavlou, Yao-Hua Tan, David Gefen:
Institutional trust and familiarity in online interorganizational relationships.
- Marinos Themistocleous, Zahir Irani:
Integrating cross-enterprise systems: an innovative framework for the introduction of enterprise application integration.
- Hung Kit Lui, Rodger Jamieson:
Integrating trust and risk perceptions in business-to-consumer electronic commerce with the technology acceptance model.
- Grace Ng-Kruelle, Douglas S. Rebne, Paul A. Swatman, J. Felix Hampe:
Interfaces in adoption of an evolving innovation: an activity-theoretical perspective and the price of convenience.
- Michal Zaremba, Brian Wall, Jim Browne, Szymon Zaleski:
Internet enabled supply chain integration for SMEs.
- Richard Walker, Ivo Arnold:
Introducing virtual solutions for course design and delivery in business education: experiences from two economics courses.
- Margi Levy, Philip Powell, Philip Yetton:
IS alignment in small firms: new paths through the maze.
- Anita Mangan, Séamas Kelly:
IS and the integrated network organisation: a cautionary tale from the financial services sector.
- Rosemary Stockdale, Craig Standing:
Issues affecting benefit realisation in electronic marketplaces.
- Nikos I. Karacapilidis, Emmanuel Adamides, Christina E. Evangelou:
Leveraging organizational knowledge to formulate manufacturing strategy.
- Regit Young, Nick Letch:
Linking the emergent microsocial and macrosocial knowledge perspectives.
- Tom Butler, Ciaran Murphy:
Locating IT competencies in a learning organization: a case study of the development of firm specific IT resources at Analog Devices Inc..
- Lisa K. Brown, Deemple Tailor, Philip Seltsikas:
Maintaining a CLASP (Customer Leveraged Application Service Provision) on application service providers: a lesson from german SMEs to ASPs.
- Hans van der Heijden, Lotte Sangstad Sørensen:
Measuring attitudes towards mobile information services: an empirical validation of the HED/UT scale.
- Daniel L. Moody:
Measuring the quality of data models: an empirical evaluation of the use of quality metrics in practice.
- Reeva M. Lederman, Graeme G. Shanks, Martin R. Gibbs:
Meeting privacy obligations: the implications for information systems development.
- Mikael Schönström, Sven A. Carlsson:
Methods as knowledge enablers in software development organizations.
- Adel Al-Taitoon, Carsten Sørensen, David Gibson:
Modern professionals and their tools ICT supporting organisational flexibility and control.
- Maria Chiarvesio, Eleonora Di Maria, Stefano Micelli:
Network technologies and local networks: evidence from a three-year survey in north east italy.
- Jannis Kallinikos:
Networks as alternative forms of organization: some critical remarks.
- Naureen Khan, Wendy L. Currie, Vishanth Weerakkody:
Offshore information systems outsourcing: strategies and scenarios.
- Hadas Weinberger, Dov Te'eni, Ariel J. Frank:
Ontologies of organizational memory as basis for evaluation.
- Claudia Löbbecke, Albert A. Angehrn:
Opensource platforms under coopetition: a comparative analysis of sourceforge and 'CodeX' (Xerox) as two 'coopetitive learning and knowledge exchange networks' (coLKENs).
- Calogero Matassa, Paolo Neirotti, Emilio Paolucci:
Organizational change and productivity growth: an empirical analysis of the Italian insurance industry.
- Robert Kay, Dubravka Cecez-Kecmanovic:
Organizational knowledge and autopoiesis: towards a new view.
- Priya Seetharaman, Souren Paul:
Organizational memory in group decision making: use of constructive group conflict.
- Jon Woodroof, DeWayne Searcy:
Outsourcing a faculty activity application through a self-service web-enabled application service provider.
- Theodor Barth, Yasmin Merali, David Snowden:
Panel: Facing disruption - responsive contents and technological responsability.
- Joseph Feller, Brian Fitzgerald:
Panel: Is open source revolutionising the software industry?
- Carsten Sørensen, Jan Damsgaard, Kalle Lyytinen, Daniele Pica:
Panel: Mobile interaction and pervasive social technologies.
- Sara Eriksén, Ina Wagner, Peter Axel Nielsen, Silvia Gherardi, Gianni Jacucci, Claudio U. Ciborra:
Panel: Situatedness, accountabilty or moods to contrast abstraction.
- Andrea Pontiggia, Claudio U. Ciborra, Domenico Ferrari, Manfred Grauer, Karlheinz Kautz, Marcello Martinez, Sandra Sieber:
Panel: Teaching information systems today: the convergence between IS and organization theory.
- M. Lynne Markus, Ellen Christiaanse, Jan Damsgaard, Kalle Lyytinen:
Panel: The adoption and impacts of B2B marketplaces.
- Dieter Bartmann, Arnaldo Camuffo, Marco de Marco, Robert Winter:
Panel: The future of distribution system in retail banking: strategy resources and technology.
- Edgar A. Whitley, Sandra Sieber, Cristina Cáliz, Mary Darking, Chiara Frigerio, Edoardo Iacucci, Michael Rill:
Panel: What is it like to do an information systems PhD in Europe? Diversity in the practice of IS research.
- Karlheinz Kautz, Jacob Nørbjerg:
Persistent problems in information systems development. The case of the world wide web.
- David Graham Wastell, Peter Kawalek, Michael Newman:
Plus ça change: defensive translations and resistance to IT-enabled change in local government.
- Christopher Bull:
Politics in packaged software implementation.
- Graeme G. Shanks, Anne N. Parr:
Positivist single case study research in information systems: a critical analysis.
- Michael Schwind, Tim Stockheim, Stefan Seibel:
Price controlled resource allocation for the provision of information products and services employing combinatorial auctions.
- Yossi Lichtenstein, Alan McDonnell:
Pricing software development services.
- Soumit Sain, Sascha Herpers:
Profit maximization in multi service networks - an optimization model.
- Henry Daniels, Bram De Jonge:
Project selection in knowledge intensive organizations based on intellectual capital scorecards.
- Roland Holten, Alexander Dreiling:
Provision of customer knowledge to supply chains.
- Josef Schiefer, Jun-Jang Jeng, Robert M. Bruckner:
Real-time workflow audit data integration into data warehouse systems.
- Michel Avital:
Reexamining information systems success through the information technology professionals perspective.
- Jim Hughes, Steven Jones:
Reflections on the use of grounded theory in interpretive information systems research.
- Pernille Bjørn Rasmussen:
Re-negotiating protocols: a way to integrate groupware in collaborative learning settings.
- Graeme G. Shanks, Jasmina Nuredini, Daniel Tobin, Daniel L. Moody, Ron Weber:
Representing things and properties in conceptual modelling: an empirical evaluation.
- Ramanathan Somasundaram, Jan Karlsbjerg:
Research philosophies in the IOS adoption field.
- Carmen Joham, Elizabeth Hobson:
Romtelecom: A systemic approach to IT policy: a new perspective for developing countries.
- Jonathan Wareham, Karlene Cousins, Rich Klein:
Service and commodity based electronic intermediaries: a comparative analysis.
- Marco Tagliavini, Jennifer Moro, Aurelio Ravarini, Tor Guimaraes:
Shaping CIO's competencies and activities to improve company performance: an empirical study.
- Andreas Nilsson, Johan Magnusson, Håkan Enquist:
SME network practice - a qualitative study of network management practice and design implications for ICT-support.
- Adi Prananto, Judy McKay, Peter Marshall:
Spectrum of e-business maturity in australian SMEs: a multiple case studies approach on the applicability of the stages of growth for e-business model.
- Gerrit Tamm, Maria Wünsche:
Strategies to reduce information asymmetry in web service market.
- Rajen Madan, Carsten Sørensen, Susan V. Scott:
Strategy sort of died around april last year for a lot of us - CIO perceptions on ICT value and strategy in the UK financial sector.
- Sharman Lichtenstein, Paula M. C. Swatman:
Sustainable knowledge management systems: integration personalisation and contextualisation.
- Michael T. K. Tan, Xin Wei Wang, Lei Zhu:
Symbolic interactionist ethnography: implications for information systems research and practice.
- Horst Treiblmaier, Arne Floh, Susanne Fuchs, Arno Scharl:
Targeting new customer segments with innovative solutions: application service providing for the energy management sector.
- Vincenzo D'Andrea, Sandra Cattai, Gianni Jacucci:
Technology definition and users' participation: A case study on actor roles in systems development.
- Angelo Caruso, Michela Marchiori:
The adoption of information systems in SMEs: organizational issues and success factors.
- Roghieh Gholami, Sang-Yong Tom Lee, Almas Heshmati:
The causal relationship between information and communication technology (ICT) and foreign direct investment (FDI).
- Chrisanthi Avgerou, Saskia Sassen, Claudio U. Ciborra, Lucas D. Introna:
The complex imbrications of ICT and society.
- Torbjörn Nordström, Mikael Söderström:
The difference between use and utilisation of IT - A case study of implementing an IT- induced corporate strategy.
- Daniele Pica, Masao Kakihara:
The duality of mobility: understanding fluid organizations and stable interaction.
- Ulf Melin:
The ERP system as a part of an organization's administrative paradox.
- Namchul Shin:
The impact of information technology on the performance of diversified firms.
- Jonna Järveläinen:
The impact of prior online shopping experience on future purchasing channel choice.
- Norman Hoppen, Daniel Beimborn, Wolfgang König:
The impact of software patents on the structure of the software market - a simulation model.
- James Backhouse, Carol W. Hsu, John Baptista, Jimmy C. Tseng:
The key to trust? signalling quality in the PKI market.
- Daniel L. Moody:
The method evaluation model: a theoretical model for validating information systems design methods.
- Jennie Carroll:
The process of ISD methodology selection and use: a case study.
- Ragnwald Böhlin, Rune Wigblad, Denise R. McCluskey:
The relocation effect: a productivity increase when service activities where relocated from city areas to rural areas.
- Tony Jewels, Alan Underwood, Carmen de Pablos Heredero:
The role of informal networks in knowledge sharing.
- Mian Farooq Haq, Steve Smithson:
The role of IS in islamic banking: a cultural perspective.
- Reeva M. Lederman, Robert B. Johnston, Simon K. Milton:
The significance of routines for the analysis and design of information systems: a preliminary study.
- Paolo Neirotti, Emilio Paolucci:
The transformation of work in european banks: an analysis of IT skills.
- Maira Petrini, Marlei Pozzebon:
The value of business intelligence in the context of developing countries.
- Luis Martín Díaz, Peter Buxmann:
The value of cooperative planning in supply chains. A simulative approach.
- Owen Eriksson:
To denominate and characterise in the context of information systems.
- Fahri Yetim, Michael P. Bieber:
Towards a language/action theoretic approach to relationship analysis.
- Katarina Stanoevska-Slabeva:
Towards a reference model for m-commerce applications.
- Gary S. C. Pan, Donal J. Flynn:
Towards a stakeholder analysis of information systems development project abandonment.
- Tim Weitzel, Oliver Wendt, Wolfgang König:
Towards an interdisciplinary theory of networks.
- Andrew Lim, Wee-Chong Oon, Wenbin Zhu:
Towards definitive benchmarking of algorithm performance.
- Ulrika Lundh Snis, Lars Svensson, Christian Östlund:
Towards work-integrated learning communities.
- Jeff Chamberlain, Tanya Castleman:
Transacting with citizens: Australian government policy strategy and implementation of online tax lodgement.
- Per Backlund, Christina Hallenborg, Guomundur Hallgrimsson:
Transfer of development process knowledge through method adaptation and implementation.
- Tero Vartiainen, Mikko T. Siponen:
Universality thesis in IS ethics education - an empirical study.
- Tom Butler, Ciaran Murphy:
Unpacking dynamic capabilities in the small-to-medium software enterprise: process assets and history.
- Marianna Sigala:
Unraveling the impact of information and communication technologies (ICT) on restaurant productivity.
- Pär J. Ågerfalk, Owen Eriksson:
Usability in social action: reinterpreting effectiveness efficiency and satisfaction.
- Lasse Vogelsang:
User involvement in development of web based publishing.
- Claus Boyens, Oliver Günther:
Using online services in untrusted environments: a privacy-preserving architecture.
- Martin Fahy, Joseph Feller, Patrick Finnegan, Ciaran Murphy:
Using XML vocabularies to exploit changing business models: the newsML experience.
- Jens Kaaber Pors, Jesper Simonsen:
Work practice characteristics: a framework for understanding complex issues of groupware integration.