Pacific Grove, CA, USA Ian Horswill, Yusuf Pisan (Eds.):
International Conference on the Foundations of Digital Games, FDG '10, Pacific Grove, CA, USA, June 19-21, 2010.
ACM 2010, ISBN 978-1-60558-937-4
Last update Wed May 22 04:23:46 2013
CET by the DBLP Team — Data released under the ODC-BY 1.0 license — See also our legal information page
- Erik Andersen, Yun-En Liu, Ethan Apter, François Boucher-Genesse, Zoran Popovic:
Gameplay analysis through state projection.
- Robin Lynn Angotti, Cinnamon Hillyard, Michael Panitz, Kelvin Sung, Keri Marino:
Game-themed instructional modules: a video case study.
- Dmitri Botvich, Jimmy McGibney, Georgy Ostapenko, Stefano De Paoli, Aphra Kerr, Max Keatinge:
Integrating players, reputation and ranking to manage cheating in MMOGs.
- Acey Kreisler Boyce, Tiffany Barnes:
BeadLoom Game: using game elements to increase motivation and learning.
- Amanda Chaffin, Tiffany Barnes:
Lessons from a course on serious games research and prototyping.
- Seth Cooper, Adrien Treuille, Janos Barbero, Andrew Leaver-Fay, Kathleen Tuite, Firas Khatib, Alex Cho Snyder, Michael Beenen, David Salesin, David Baker, Zoran Popovic:
The challenge of designing scientific discovery games.
- Thomas Debeauvais, Bonnie A. Nardi:
A qualitative study of Ragnarök Online private servers: in-game sociological issues.
- Betsy James DiSalvo, Amy Bruckman:
Race and gender in play practices: young African American males.
- Anthony Estey, Jeremy Long, Bruce Gooch, Amy Ashurst Gooch:
Investigating studio-based learning in a course on game design.
- Garnet Hertz:
OutRun: perversive games and designing the de-simulation of eight-bit driving.
- Kenneth Hullett, Jim Whitehead:
Design patterns in FPS levels.
- Jesper Juul:
In search of lost time: on game goals and failure costs.
- Foaad Khosmood, Marilyn A. Walker:
Grapevine: a gossip generation system.
- Chris Lewis, Noah Wardrip-Fruin:
Mining game statistics from web services: a World of Warcraft armory case study.
- Chris Lewis, Jim Whitehead, Noah Wardrip-Fruin:
What went wrong: a taxonomy of video game bugs.
- Jeremy Long, Anthony Estey, David Bartle, Sven C. Olsen, Amy Ashurst Gooch:
Catalyst: seeing through the eyes of a cat.
- Kevin McGee, Aswin Thomas Abraham:
Real-time team-mate AI in games: a definition, survey, & critique.
- Tim McLaughlin, Dennie Smith, Irving A. Brown:
A framework for evidence based visual style development for serious games.
- David Milam, Magy Seif El-Nasr:
Analysis of level design 'push & pull' within 21 games.
- Tony Morelli, John Foley, Luis Columna, Lauren Lieberman, Eelke Folmer:
VI-Tennis: a vibrotactile/audio exergame for players who are visually impaired.
- Juliet Norton, Chadwick A. Wingrave, Joseph J. LaViola Jr.:
Exploring strategies and guidelines for developing full body video game interfaces.
- Samuel Rossoff, George Tzanetakis, Bruce Gooch:
Adapting personal music for synesthetic game play.
- Jonathan P. Rowe, Lucy R. Shores, Bradford W. Mott, James C. Lester:
Individual differences in gameplay and learning: a narrative-centered learning perspective.
- Serdar Sali, Noah Wardrip-Fruin, Steven Dow, Michael Mateas, Sri Kurniawan, Aaron A. Reed, Ronald Liu:
Playing with words: from intuition to evaluation of game dialogue interfaces.
- Jonas Schild, Robert Walter, Maic Masuch:
ABC-Sprints: adapting Scrum to academic game development courses.
- T. L. Taylor, Emma Witkowski:
This is how we play it: what a mega-LAN can teach us about games.
- Josh Sheldon, Judy Perry, Eric Klopfer, Jennifer Ong, Vivian Hsueh-Hua Chen, Pei Wen Tzuo, Louisa Rosenheck:
Weatherlings: a new approach to student learning using web-based mobile games.
- Gillian Smith, Jim Whitehead, Michael Mateas:
Tanagra: a mixed-initiative level design tool.
- James M. Thomas, Melissa E. DeRosier:
Toward effective game-based social skills tutoring for children: an evaluation of a social adventure game.
- Mike Treanor, Michael Mateas, Noah Wardrip-Fruin:
Kaboom! is a many-splendored thing: an interpretation and design methodology for message-driven games using graphical logics.
- Kathleen Tuite, Noah Snavely, Dun-Yu Hsiao, Adam M. Smith, Zoran Popovic:
Reconstructing the world in 3D: bringing games with a purpose outdoors.
- Daniel Wong, Darren Earl, Fred Zyda, Ryan Zink, Sven Koenig, Allen Pan, Selby Shlosberg, Jaspreet Singh, Nathan R. Sturtevant:
Implementing games on pinball machines.
- Dylan Arena, Daniel L. Schwartz:
Stats invaders!: learning about statistics by playing a classic video game.
- Katelyn Doran, Acey Kreisler Boyce, Samantha L. Finkelstein:
Reaching out with game design.
- Lisa M. Tolentino, Philippos Savvides, David Birchfield:
Applying game design principles to social skills learning for students in special education.
- Matthew William Fendt:
Dynamic social planning and intention revision in generative story planning.
- Saskia Groenewegen:
Improving crowd behaviour for games and virtual worlds.
- Andrew Hicks:
Towards social gaming methods for improving game-based computer science education.
- Kenneth Hullett:
The science of level design.
- Matthew W. Johnson:
Supporting collaborative real-time strategic planning in multi-player games.
- Ricardo Lopes:
Scenario adaptivity in serious games.
- Florian Mehm:
Authoring serious games.
- Andrea Nickel, Tiffany Barnes:
Games for CS education: computer-supported collaborative learning and multiplayer games.