3. ICTD 2009:
Doha, Qatar M. Bernardine Dias, Richard Heeks, Rahul Tongia (Eds.):
2009 International Conference on Information and Communication Technologies and Development, ICTD 2009, Education City, Doha, Qatar, April 17-19, 2009.
IEEE 2009, ISBN 978-1-4244-4662-9
- Victoria Stodden, Patrick Meier:
A global empirical evaluation of new communication technology use and democratic tendency.
- Jonathan Donner, Marcela Escobari:
A review of the research on mobile use by micro and small enterprises (MSEs).
- David Hollow, Paola Masperi:
An evaluation of the use of ICT within primary education in Malawi.
- Melissa Ho, Emmanuel K. Owusu, Paul M. Aoki:
Claim Mobile: Engaging conflicting stakeholder requirements in healthcare in Uganda.
- Beth E. Kolko, Cynthia Putnam:
Computer games in the developing world: The value of non-instrumental engagement with ICTs, or taking play seriously.
- Sheetal K. Agarwal, Arun Kumar, Amit Anil Nanavati, Nitendra Rajput:
Content creation and dissemination by-and-for users in rural areas.
- Renee Kuriyan, Isha Ray:
E for express: "Seeing" the Indian State through ICTD.
- Somani Patnaik, Emma Brunskill, William Thies:
Evaluating the accuracy of data collection on mobile phones: A study of forms, SMS, and voice.
- Arun Kumar, Dipanjan Chakraborty, Himanshu Chauhan, Sheetal K. Agarwal, Nitendra Rajput:
FOLKSOMAPS - towards community driven intelligent maps for developing regions.
- Aditi Sharma Grover, Madelaine Plauché, Etienne Barnard, Christiaan Kuun:
HIV health information access using spoken dialogue systems: Touchtone vs. speech.
- Dorothea Kleine:
ICT4What? - using the Choice Framework to operationalise the capability approach to development.
- Rowena Luk, Matei Zaharia, Melissa Ho, Brian Levine, Paul M. Aoki:
ICTD for healthcare in Ghana: Two parallel case studies.
- G. Ayorkor Mills-Tettey, Jack Mostow, M. Bernardine Dias, Tracy Morrison Sweet, Sarah Belousov, M. Frederick Dias, Haijun Gong:
Improving child literacy in Africa: Experiments with an automated reading tutor.
- Matthew Kam, Anuj Kumar, Shirley Jain, Akhil Mathur, John Canny:
Improving literacy in rural India: cellphone games in an after-school program.
- Aishwarya Lakshmi Ratan, Sambit Satpathy, Lilian Zia, Kentaro Toyama, Sean Olin Blagsvedt, Udai Singh Pawar, Thanuja Subramaniam:
Kelsa+: Digital literacy for low-income office workers.
- Kelly Hutchinson, Alemayehu Molla:
Mapping the dynamics of social enterprises and ICTD in Cambodia.
- Jennifer Bussell:
Political incentives and policy outcomes: Who benefits from technology-enabled service centers?
- Subhash C. Bhatnagar, Nupur Singh:
Results from a study of impact of e-government projects in India.
- Michael L. Best, Dhanaraj Thakur, Beth E. Kolko:
The contribution of user-based subsidies to the impact and sustainability of telecenters - the eCenter project in Kyrgyzstan.
- Tirthankar Dasgupta, Anuparn Basu:
A speech enabled Indian language text to Braille transliteration system.
- Prabath Gunawardane, Erin Middleton, Suresh Lodha, Ben Crow, James Davis:
Analyzing statistical relationships between global indicators through visualization.
- Michael Paik, Lakshminarayanan Subramanian:
ATMosphere: A system for ATM microdeposit services in rural contexts.
- Ruth E. Anderson, Anthony Poon, Caitlin Lustig, Waylon Brunette, Gaetano Borriello, Beth E. Kolko:
Building a transportation information system using only GPS and basic SMS infrastructure.
- Edwin Nyella:
Challenges in health information systems integration: Zanzibar experience.
- Faheem Hussain, Rahul Tongia:
Cross technology comparison for information services in rural Bangladesh.
- Björn-Sören Gigler:
Decentralization, clientelism and Popular Participation - Is there a role for ICTs to improve local governance?
- Stephen Thomas, Adebola Osuntogun, John Pitman, Bright Mulenga, Santosh Vempala:
Design and deployment of a blood safety monitoring tool.
- Sherif M. Aziz:
Dimensions of IT literacy in an Arab region: A study in Barkha (Oman).
- R. Chen, J. Coles, J. Lee, H. R. Rao:
Emergency communication and system design: The case of Indian Ocean Tsunami.
- Farida Khan, Rehana Ghadially:
Empowering Muslim youth through computer education, access, use: A gender analysis.
- Mamello Thinyane, Alfredo Terzoli, Peter Clayton:
eServices provisioning in a community development context through a JADE MAS platform.
- Arul Chib, A. L. E. Komathi:
Extending the Technology-Community-Management model to disaster recovery: Assessing vulnerability in rural Asia.
- Gerry Chu, Sambit Satpathy, Kentaro Toyama, Rikin Gandhi, Ravin Balakrishnan, S. Raghu Menon:
Featherweight multimedia for information dissemination.
- Sofiane Sahraoui:
ICT governance in higher education: Case study of the rise and fall of open source in a Gulf university.
- Rabin K. Patra, Joyojeet Pal, Sergiu Nedevschi:
ICTD state of the union: Where have we reached and where are we headed.
- Uduak A. Okon:
Information communication technology and sustainable communities in Africa: The case of the Niger Delta region of Nigeria. (Feb. 2009).
- J. Saeb, Edem Kwame Kossi, Romain Tohouri Golly-Kobrissa, Ola Hodne Titlestad, Jørn Braa, Johan Sæbø:
Integrating health information systems in Sierra Leone.
- Augustin Chabossou, Christoph Stork, Matthias Stork, Pam Zahonogo:
Mobile telephony access and usage in Africa.
- Gursharan Singh, Leah Findlater, Kentaro Toyama, Scott Helmer, Rikin Gandhi, Ravin Balakrishnan:
Numeric paper forms for NGOs.
- Joyojeet Pal:
Rajnikant's laptop: Computers and development in popular Indian cinema.
- Annemijn van Gorp, Carleen F. Maitland:
Regulatory independence and wireless market development: A comparative analysis of two African nations.
- Paul Javid, Kentaro Toyama, Manna Biswas:
Social Enterprises: A vocational entrepreneurship framework for street youth.
- Jahanzeb Sherwani, Sooraj Palijo, Sarwat Mirza, Tanveer Ahmed, Nosheen Ali, Roni Rosenfeld:
Speech vs. touch-tone: Telephony interfaces for information access by low literate users.
- Michael Paik, Ashlesh Sharma, Arthur Meacham, Giulio Quarta, Philip Smith, John Trahanas, Brian Levine, Mary Ann Hopkins, Barbara Rapchak, Lakshminarayanan Subramanian:
The case for SmartTrack.
- Michael L. Best, Edem Wornyo, Thomas N. Smyth, John Etherton:
Uses of mobile phones in post-conflict Liberia.
Last update Mon May 20 23:43:35 2013
CET by the DBLP Team — Data released under the ODC-BY 1.0 license — See also our legal information page
- M. Bemardine Dias, M. Freddie Dias, Sarah Belousov, Mohammed Kaleemur Rahman, Saurabh Sanghvi, Imran Fanaswala, Wael Ghazzawi, Ameer Abdulsalam, Noura El-Moughny, S. Raghu Menon:
An automated braille writing tutor with multilingual exercises and educational games.
- Saskia Harmsen:
Boosting European market access to Malian Mango growers.
- Yibo Lin, Claire Heffernan:
Creating a mobile-phone based geographic surveillance system for avian influenza.
- Adebola Osuntogun, Stephen Thomas, John Pitman, Sridhar Basavaraju, Bright Mulenga, Santosh Vempala:
Design of a blood flow system.
- Mohit Jain, Aakar Gupta, Navkar Samdaria, Praveen Shekhar, Joyojeet Pal:
DISHA: Disease and health awareness for children on multiple input devices.
- Bev Clark, Brenda Burrell:
Freedom Fone: Dial-up Information Service.
- Ken Banks, Erik Hersman:
FrontlineSMS and Ushahidi - a demo.
- Annie Bertrand:
Global Youth Connectivity (GYC) - using ICT for peaceful recovery and long-term change.
- Driss Kettani, Asmae El Mahdi:
Implementing e-government accessible to illiterate citizens.
- Kuang Chen, Harr Chen, Neil Conway, Heather Dolan, Joseph M. Hellerstein, Tapan S. Parikh:
Improving data quality with dynamic forms.
- John Traxler, Lee Griffiths:
IWB4D - interactive whiteboards for development.
- Jun Yu, Claire Heffernan:
Livestock, learning and diagnostics: New directions in veterinary tele-medicine.
- Kurtis Heimerl, Divya Ramachandran, Joyojeet Pal, Eric A. Brewer, Tapan S. Parikh:
Metamouse: Multiple mice for legacy applications.
- Amber Houssian, Mohammad Kilany, Jacob Korenblum:
Mobile phone job services: Linking developing-country youth with employers, via SMS.
- Sunil Garg, Charlotte Robinson, Clint Tseng, Heather Underwood, Richard J. Anderson, Joyojeet Pal:
MultiMath: Numeric keypads for math learning on shared personal computers.
- Yaw Anokwa, Carl Hartung, Adam Lerer, Brian DeRenzi, Gaetano Borriello:
A new generation of open source data collection tools.
- Sai Gopal Thota, Rabin K. Patra, Murali Medisetty, Sivananda Reddy, Vivek Mungala, Joyojeet Pal:
Ruralscope: An information system for tracking rural disbursements.
- Artur Dubrawski, Maheshkumar Sabhnani, Michael Knight, Michael Baysek, Daniel B. Neill, Saswati Ray, Anna Michalska, Nuwan Waidyanatha:
T-Cube Web Interface in support of real-time bio-surveillance program.
- Jay Chen, Lakshminarayanan Subramanian, Jinyang Li:
Web search over low bandwidth.