Arlington, VA, USA Tiffany C. Veinot, Ümit V. Çatalyürek, Gang Luo, Henrique Andrade, Neil R. Smalheiser (Eds.):
ACM International Health Informatics Symposium, IHI 2010, Arlington, VA, USA, November 11 - 12, 2010, Proceedings.
ACM 2010, ISBN 978-1-4503-0030-8
Human-centered design of health informatics systems
- Yang Gong:
Terminology in a voluntary medical incident reporting system: a human-centered perspective.
- Ritu Khare, Yuan An, Il-Yeol Song, Xiaohua Hu:
Can clinicians create high-quality databases: a study on a flexible electronic health record (fEHR) system.
- Jon D. Patrick, Peter Budd:
Ockham's razor of design: an heuristic for guiding design and development of a clinical information systems generator.
- Byron C. Wallace, Kevin Small, Carla E. Brodley, Joseph Lau, Thomas A. Trikalinos:
Modeling annotation time to reduce workload in comparative effectiveness reviews.
- Xiaomu Zhou, Mark S. Ackerman, Kai Zheng:
Computerization and information assembling process: nursing work and CPOE adoption.
- Taowei David Wang, Krist Wongsuphasawat, Catherine Plaisant, Ben Shneiderman:
Visual information seeking in multiple electronic health records: design recommendations and a process model.
Information management in health informatics
- Ted Pedersen:
The effect of different context representations on word sense discrimination in biomedical texts.
- Gaurav N. Pradhan, B. Prabhakaran:
Clustering of human motions based on feature-level fusion of multiple body sensor data.
- Houssam Nassif, David Page, Mehmet Ayvaci, Jude W. Shavlik, Elizabeth S. Burnside:
Uncovering age-specific invasive and DCIS breast cancer rules using inductive logic programming.
- Guha Balakrishnan, Zeeshan Syed:
Scalable personalized medicine with active learning: detecting seizures with minimum labeled data.
- Jiming Liu, Shang Xia:
Effective epidemic control via strategic vaccine deployment: a systematic approach.
- Rave Harpaz, Krystl Haerian, Herbert S. Chase, Carol Friedman:
Mining electronic health records for adverse drug effects using regression based methods.
Computational support for patient-centered and evidence-based care
- Myung-kyung Suh, Lorraine S. Evangelista, Chien-An Chen, Kyungsik Han, Jinha Kang, Michael Kai Tu, Victor Chen, Ani Nahapetian, Majid Sarrafzadeh:
An automated vital sign monitoring system for congestive heart failure patients.
- Anthony Hunter, Matthew Williams:
Using clinical preferences in argumentation about evidence from clinical trials.
- Shahzaib Hassan, Zeeshan Syed:
From netflix to heart attacks: collaborative filtering in medical datasets.
- K. Sai Deepak, Gopal Datt Joshi, Jayanthi Sivaswamy:
Content-based retrieval of retinal images for maculopathy.
- Jintao Zhang, Jun Huan:
Novel biological network features discovery for in silico identification of drug targets.
Data management, privacy, security, and confidentiality
- Kelly E. Caine, Celine Y. Zimmerman, Zachary Schall-Zimmerman, William R. Hazlewood, Alexander C. Sulgrove, L. Jean Camp, Katherine H. Connelly, Lesa L. Huber, Kalpana Shankar:
DigiSwitch: design and evaluation of a device for older adults to preserve privacy while monitoring health at home.
- Kathleen Benitez, Grigorios Loukides, Bradley Malin:
Beyond safe harbor: automatic discovery of health information de-identification policy alternatives.
- T. Ryan Hoens, Marina Blanton, Nitesh V. Chawla:
Reliable medical recommendation systems with patient privacy.
- James J. Gardner, Li Xiong, Fusheng Wang, Andrew R. Post, Joel H. Saltz, Tyrone Grandison:
An evaluation of feature sets and sampling techniques for de-identification of medical records.
- Lorenzo Martino, Suchit Ahuja:
Privacy policies of personal health records: an evaluation of their effectiveness in protecting patient information.
Consumer and clinician health information
Health informatics applications & studies
- Oren E. Livne, N. Dustin Schultz, Scott P. Narus:
Federated querying architecture for clinical & translational health IT.
- Hamman W. Samuel, Osmar R. Zaïane, Dick Sobsey:
Towards a definition of health informatics ethics.
- Peter Scupelli, Susan R. Fussell, Sara B. Kiesler:
Architecture and information technology as factors in surgical suite information sharing and coordination.
- Sebastian Klenk, Jürgen Dippon, Peter Fritz, Gunther Heidemann:
Relevance based visualization of large cancer patient populations.
- Ehsan Nazerfard, Barnan Das, Lawrence B. Holder, Diane J. Cook:
Conditional random fields for activity recognition in smart environments.
- Donald Ephraim Curtis, Christopher S. Hlady, Sriram V. Pemmaraju, Philip Polgreen, Alberto Maria Segre:
Modeling and estimating the spatial distribution of healthcare workers.
- Xiaoxiao Ma, Guanling Chen, Juntao Xiao:
Analysis of an online health social network.
- Christina Catley, Kathy Smith, Carolyn McGregor, Andrew James, J. Mikael Eklund:
A framework to model and translate clinical rules to support complex real-time analysis of physiological and clinical data.
- George S. Avrunin, Lori A. Clarke, Leon J. Osterweil, Stefan Christov, Bin Chen, Elizabeth A. Henneman, Philip L. Henneman, Lucinda Cassells, Wilson Mertens:
Experience modeling and analyzing medical processes: UMass/baystate medical safety project overview.
Consumer health and wellness applications
- Vincent Yip, Umit Topaloglu:
Concept integration from the caTIES to i2b2 using the UMLS semantic network.
- Jeffrey G. Klann, Gunther Schadow:
Modeling the information-value decay of medical problems for problem list maintenance.
- Aaron M. Cohen, Clive E. Adams, John M. Davis, Clement T. Yu, Philip S. Yu, Weiyi Meng, Lorna Duggan, Marian McDonagh, Neil R. Smalheiser:
Evidence-based medicine, the essential role of systematic reviews, and the need for automated text mining tools.
- Risa B. Myers, James W. Lomax III, Frank J. Manion, Nancy M. Wood, Todd R. Johnson:
Data visualization of teen birth rate data using freely available rapid prototyping tools.
- Dhrubajyoti Mondal, Aryya Gangopadhyay, William Russell:
Medical decision making using vector space model.
- Diane G. Schwartz, June Abbas, Richard Krause, Ronald Moscati, Shravanti Halpern:
Are internet searches a reliable source of information for answering residents' clinical questions in the emergency room.
- Rodney D. Nielsen, James J. Masanz, Philip V. Ogren, Wayne Ward, James H. Martin, Guergana K. Savova, Martha Palmer:
An architecture for complex clinical question answering.
- Swamy Ananthanarayan, Katie A. Siek:
Health sense: a gedanken experiment on persuasive wearable technology for health awareness.
- Jun Zhang, Yingying Gu, Weisong Liu, Wen Hu, Tian Zhao, Xiangming Mu, James Marx, Floyd Frost, Judy Tjoe:
Automatic patient search for breast cancer clinical trials using free-text medical reports.
- Martin Wiesner, Daniel Pfeifer:
Adapting recommender systems to the requirements of personal health record systems.
- John M. Carroll, Jamika D. Burge, Scott P. Robertson, Mary Beth Rosson:
Participatory design of an autism community network to enhance community participation, health, and well-being.
- James F. Terwilliger, Lois M. L. Delcambre, Judith Logan, David Maier, David W. Archer, Jeremy Steinhauer, Scott Britell:
Enabling revisitation of fine-grained clinical information.
- Zhiyun Xue, Sameer Antani, L. Rodney Long, George R. Thoma:
An online segmentation tool for cervicographic image analysis.
- Haggai Roitman, Yossi Mesika, Yevgenia Tsimerman, Yonatan Maman:
Increasing patient safety using explanation-driven personalized content recommendation.
- Manabu Torii, Burt-Ujin Bayarsaikhan, Hongfang Liu, Thang Nguyen, Kevin Jones, Noele P. Nelson, David M. Hartley:
An exploratory study of news article clustering for web-based bio-surveillance.
- Hossein Pourreza, Sergio Camorlinga, Carson Kai-Sang Leung, Bruce D. Martin:
An information and communication technology system to support rural healthcare delivery.
- Danielle H. Lee, Titus Schleyer:
A comparison of meSH terms and CiteULike social tags as metadata for the same items.
- Christopher C. Yang, Flaura Winston, Adam Townes, Xuning Tang, Nancy Kassam-Adams:
A study on the user navigation path of a web-based intervention program -- aftertheinjury.org.
- Chen Yang, W. Nick Street, Der-Fa Lu, Lynne Lanning:
A data mining approach to MPGN type II renal survival analysis.
- Rebecca A. Hills, Blaine Reeder, Debra Revere, William B. Lober, Neil F. Abernethy:
Immunization information and population data sources: the information needs of public health practitioners.
- Rung-Yu Tseng, Ellen Yi-Luen Do:
Facial expression wonderland (FEW): a novel design prototype of information and computer technology (ICT) for children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
- Leonard W. D'Avolio, Thien M. Nguyen, Louis D. Fiore:
The automated retrieval console (ARC): open source software for streamlining the process of natural language processing.
- Chih-Lin Chi, Peter J. Kos, Vincent A. Fusaro, Rimma Pivovarov, Prasad Patil, Peter J. Tonellato:
Mining personalized medicine algorithms with surrogate algorithm tags.
- Fei Wang, Vuk Ercegovac, Tanveer Fathima Syeda-Mahmood, Akintayo Holder, Eugene J. Shekita, David Beymer, Lin Hao Xu:
Large-scale multimodal mining for healthcare with mapreduce.
- Michael A. Grasso, Ronil Mokashi, Darshana Dalvi, Antonio Cardone, Alden Dima, Kiran Bhadriraju, Anne L. Plant, Mary Brady, Yaacov Yesha, Yelena Yesha:
Image classification of vascular smooth muscle cells.
- Andrew L. King, Alex Roederer, David Arney, Sanjian Chen, Margaret Mullen-Fortino, Ana Rosa Giannareas, William Hanson III, Vanessa Kern, Nicholas Stevens, Jonathan Tannen, Adrian Viesca Trevino, Soojin Park, Oleg Sokolsky, Insup Lee:
GSA: a framework for rapid prototyping of smart alarm systems.
- Richard Boyce, Henk Harkema, Mike Conway:
Leveraging the semantic web and natural language processing to enhance drug-mechanism knowledge in drug product labels.
- Amanda Fonville, Eun Kyoung Choe, Susan Oldham, Julie A. Kientz:
Exploring the use of technology in healthcare spaces and its impact on empathic communication.
- Abhishek P. Chhetri, Forrest Wen, Yizhong Wang, Kang Zhang:
Shape discrimination test on handheld devices for patient self-test.
- Wendy MacCaull, Heather Jewers, Markus Latzel:
Using an interdisciplinary approach to develop a knowledge-driven careflow management system for collaborative patient-centred palliative care.
- Yair G. Rajwan, George R. Kim:
Medical information visualization conceptual model for patient-physician health communication.
- Aaron Saas, Mahmood Hossain, Cheon-Pyo Lee:
Development of a software tool for healthcare data interchange.
- Julie A. Jacko, Terrence Adam, Bonnie L. Westra, Marty Witrak, Ron Berkeland, Andrew F. Nelson, Adel L. Ali, Layne Johnson, Rui Kuang, Kathy LaTour, Sandra Potthoff, Amy Watters:
Launching: university partnership for health informatics.
- Adam Kurmally, Barbara Di Eugenio, Charles E. Kahn Jr., Susan McRoy:
Building a corpus and developing a question classifier to support messaging-based question answering.
- Alicia F. Guidry, Judd L. Walson, Neil F. Abernethy:
Linking information systems for HIV care and research in Kenya.
- José Armando Ahued Ortega, Jorge Gerardo Morales Velazquez, Sondra R. Renly, Stefan B. Edlund, James H. Kaufman:
Improving disease surveillance capabilities through a public health information affinity domain.
- K. P. Unnikrishnan, Debprakash Patnaik, Theodore J. Iwashyna:
Discovering specific cascades in critical care transfer networks.
- Praveen R. Rao, Stanley A. Edlavitch, Jeffrey L. Hackman, Timothy P. Hickman, Douglas S. McNair, Deepthi S. Rao:
Towards large-scale sharing of electronic health records of cancer patients.
- Gregory W. Ramsey, Paul E. Johnson, Patrick J. O'Connor, JoAnn M. Sperl-Hillen, William A. Rush:
Using functional data analysis to identify physician decision strategies which lead to better type 2 diabetes patient outcomes.
- Julie A. Kientz, Eun Kyoung Choe, Brennen Birch, Robert Maharaj, Amanda Fonville, Chelsey Glasson, Jen Mundt:
Heuristic evaluation of persuasive health technologies.
- Bo Xie, Ivan Watkins, Man Huang:
Older adults' perceptions and use of web-based multimedia health tutorials.
- Vahideh Zarea Gavgani:
Health information need and seeking behavior of patients in developing countries' context; an Iranian experience.
- Meredith M. Skeels, Desney S. Tan:
Identifying opportunities for inpatient-centric technology.
- Junchao Xiao, Leon J. Osterweil, Qing Wang:
Dynamic scheduling of emergency department resources.
- Svetlena Taneva, Bernhard Plattner, Charlie Byer, Jacqueline Higgins, Anthony C. Easty:
Towards improving inter-team coordination in the surgical process: a breakdown detection method.
- Bo Xie, Mo Wang, Robert Feldman, Le Zhou:
Health information and decision-making preferences in the internet age: a pilot study using the health information wants (HIW) questionnaire.
- Rocio Guillén, Curtis Jensen, Stephen Edelson:
A machine learning approach for identifying subtypes of autism.
- Jeremy C. Maxwell, Annie I. Antón:
The production rule framework: developing a canonical set of software requirements for compliance with law.
- Ahmed A. L. Faresi, Duminda Wijesekera, Khaled Moidu:
A comprehensive privacy-aware authorization framework founded on HIPAA privacy rules.
- Marion Blount, Carolyn McGregor, Andrew James, Daby M. Sow, Rishikesan Kamaleswaran, Sascha Tuuha, Jennifer Percival, Nathan Percival:
On the integration of an artifact system and a real-time healthcare analytics system.
- Heather M. Conboy, George S. Avrunin, Lori A. Clarke:
Process-based derivation of requirements for medical devices.
- Aurélie Névéol, Zhiyong Lu:
Automatic integration of drug indications from multiple health resources.
- Stacy A. Doore, M. Kate Beard, Carol J. Bult:
An ontology based personal exposure history.
- H. Andrés Melgar S., Fabiano Duarte Beppler, Roberto C. S. Pacheco:
Knowledge retrieval in the anatomical domain.
- Simone A. Ludwig:
Prediction of breast cancer biopsy outcomes using a distributed genetic programming approach.
- Laurian C. Vega, Enid N. H. Montague, Tom DeHart:
Trust in health websites: a review of an emerging field.
- Annette L. Valenta, Margaret M. Browning, Timothy E. Weddle, Greer W. P. Stevenson, Andrew D. Boyd, Denise M. Hynes:
Physician perceptions of clinical reminders.
- Saif Khairat, Yang Gong:
Knowledge representation in ICU communication.
- Amalia Charisi, Vasileios Megalooikonomou:
Content-based medical image retrieval in peer-to-peer systems.
- Sholom M. Weiss, Nitin Indurkhya, Chidanand Apté:
Predictive rule discovery from electronic health records.
- Ying Li, Sharon Lipsky Gorman, Noemie Elhadad:
Section classification in clinical notes using supervised hidden markov model.
- Elena Castro, Ana Iglesias, Paloma Martínez, Leonardo Castaño:
Automatic identification of biomedical concepts in spanish-language unstructured clinical texts.
- Gang Li, Haifeng Chen, Jungtae Lee:
A wireless EEG monitor system based on BSN node.
- Yogesh Babu Bathina, N. V. Kartheek Medathati, Jayanthi Sivaswamy:
Robust matching of multi-modal retinal images using radon transform based local descriptor.
- Patricia Ordóñez, Marie desJardins, Michael Lombardi, Christoph U. Lehmann, Jim Fackler:
An animated multivariate visualization for physiological and clinical data in the ICU.
- Brian M. Landry, Eun Kyoung Choe, Stephen McCutcheon, Julie A. Kientz:
Post-traumatic stress disorder: opportunities & challenges for computing technology.
- Valeriy V. Gavrishchaka, Mark E. Koepke, Olga N. Ulyanova:
Boosting-based discovery of multi-component physiological indicators: applications to express diagnostics and personalized treatment optimization.
- Emily K. Adams, Mehool Intwala, Apu Kapadia:
MeD-Lights: a usable metaphor for patient controlled access to electronic health records.
- Mathias Kaspar, Nigel M. Parsad, Jonathan C. Silverstein:
CoWebViz: interactive collaborative sharing of 3D stereoscopic visualization among browsers with no added software.
- Stefan B. Edlund, Matthew A. Davis, James H. Kaufman:
The spatiotemporal epidemiological modeler.
- Ronan Fox, James Cooley, Manfred Hauswirth:
Remote healthcare delivery with sqwelch.
- Fieran Mason-Blakley, Jens H. Weber, Melanie Tory, Cliff McCollum:
Visual coder: clinical coding in translational research.
- Dmitry Lagun, Cecelia Manzanares, Stuart M. Zola, Elizabeth A. Buffalo, Eugene Agichtein:
VPW: an interactive prototype of a web-based visual paired comparison cognitive diagnostic test.
- Ziying Tang, Xiaohu Guo, Balakrishnan Prabhakaran:
Virtual rehabilitation system.
- William Hsu, Corey W. Arnold, Ricky K. Taira:
A neuro-oncology workstation for structuring, modeling, and visualizing patient records.
- Brian Dentino, Darcy A. Davis, Nitesh V. Chawla:
HealthCareND: leveraging EHR and CARE for prospective healthcare.
- Yalini Senathirajah, Suzanne H. Bakken:
MedWISE: a highly user-configurable 'web 2.0' EHR.
Best papers & panel session
Last update Thu May 23 00:31:54 2013
CET by the DBLP Team — Data released under the ODC-BY 1.0 license — See also our legal information page