New Orleans, LA, USA IUI 2000, Proceedings of the 2000 International Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces, January 9-12, 2000, New Orleans, LA, USA. ACM, 2000
Last update Sat May 18 19:11:17 2013
CET by the DBLP Team — Data released under the ODC-BY 1.0 license — See also our legal information page
- Elisabeth André, Thomas Rist:
Presenting through performing: on the use of multiple lifelike characters in knowledge-based presentation systems.
- Yasmine Arafa, E. H. Mamdani:
Virtual personal service assistants: towards real-time characters with artificial hearts.
- Simone Diniz Junqueira Barbosa, Clarisse Sieckenius de Souza:
Extending software through metaphors and metonymies.
- Mathias Bauer, Dietmar Dengler, Gabriele Paul:
Instructible information agents for Web mining.
- Agneta Bergström, Patricija Jaksetic, Peter Nordin:
Enhancing information retrieval by automatic acquisition of textual relations using genetic programming.
- Daniel Billsus, Michael J. Pazzani, James Chen:
A learning agent for wireless news access.
- Shannon Bradshaw, Andrei Scheinkman, Kristian J. Hammond:
Guiding people to information: providing an interface to a digital library using reference as a basis for indexing.
- Jay Budzik, Kristian J. Hammond:
User interactions with everyday applications as context for just-in-time information access.
- Justine Cassell, Timothy W. Bickmore, Hannes Högni Vilhjálmsson, Hao Yan:
More than just a pretty face: affordances of embodiment.
- Mark Derthick, Steven F. Roth:
Data exploration across temporal contexts.
- Ernest A. Edmonds:
Artists augmented by agents (invited speech).
- Jacob Eisenstein, Angel R. Puerta:
Adaptation in automated user-interface design.
- Robert G. Farrell, Peter G. Fairweather, Eric Breimer:
A task-based architecture for application-aware adjuncts.
- Joshua Flachsbart, David Franklin, Kristian J. Hammond:
Improving human computer interaction in a classroom environment using computer vision.
- Luis Francisco-Revilla, Frank M. Shipman III:
Adaptive medical information delivery combining user, task and situation models.
- David Franklin, Shannon Bradshaw, Kristian J. Hammond:
Jabberwocky: you don't have to be a rocket scientist to change slides for a hydrogen combustion lecture.
- Xiaobin Fu, Jay Budzik, Kristian J. Hammond:
Mining navigation history for recommendation.
- Federico Garcia:
CACTUS: automated tutorial course generation for software applications.
- Paolo Gaudiano, Klaus Kater:
ALife-WebGuide: an intelligent user interface for Web site navigation.
- Yuri Gawdiak, Jeffrey Bradshaw, Brian C. Williams, Hans Thomas:
R2D2 in a softball: the portable satellite assistant.
- Jeremy Goecks, Jude W. Shavlik:
Learning users' interests by unobtrusively observing their normal behavior.
- Andrew S. Gordon:
Using annotated video as an information retrieval interface.
- Hao-wei Hsieh, Frank M. Shipman III:
VITE: a visual interface supporting the direct manipulation of structured data using two-way mappings.
- Anthony Jameson, Barbara Großmann-Hutter, Leonie March, Ralf Rummer:
Creating an empirical basis for adaptation decisions.
- Stephan M. Kerpedjiev, Steven F. Roth:
Mapping communicative goals into conceptual tasks to generate graphics in discourse.
- Jihie Kim, Yolanda Gil:
User studies of an interdependency-based interface for acquiring problem-solving knowledge.
- Paul P. Maglio, Rob Barrett, Christopher S. Campbell, Ted Selker:
SUITOR: an attentive information system.
- Tetsuya Masuishi, Nobuo Takahashi:
A reporting tool using "programming by example" for format designation.
- Christopher A. Miller:
Intelligent user interfaces for correspondence domains (panel session): moving IUIs off the desktop.
- Marvin Minsky:
The emotion machine (invited speech): from pain to suffering.
- Warren Moseley:
Requirements elicitation for an intelligent software test environment for the physically challenged.
- Erik T. Mueller:
A calendar with common sense.
- Michael J. Pazzani:
Representation of electronic mail filtering profiles: a user study.
- David Price, Ellen Riloff, Joseph L. Zachary, Brandon Harvey:
NaturalJava: a natural language interface for programming in Java.
- Dale Reed:
A perceptual assistant to do sound equalization.
- Bradley J. Rhodes:
Margin notes: building a contextually aware associative memory.
- Sandrine Robbe-Reiter, Noelle Carbonell, Pierre Dauchy:
Expression constraints in multimodal human-computer interaction.
- Jean-David Ruvini, Christophe Dony:
APE: learning user's habits to automate repetitive tasks.
- Warren Sack:
Conversation map: a content-based Usenet newsgroup browser.
- Ingo Schwab, Wolfgang Pohl, Ivan Koychev:
Learning to recommend from positive evidence.
- Young-Woo Seo, Byoung-Tak Zhang:
A reinforcement learning agent for personalized information filtering.
- H. Gregory Silber, Kathleen F. McCoy:
Efficient text summarization using lexical chains.
- Thad Starner, Bastian Leibe, Brad Singletary, Jarrell Pair:
MIND-WARPING: towards creating a compelling collaborative augmented reality game.
- Martin Svensson, Jarmo Laaksolahti, Kristina Höök, Annika Waern:
A recipe based on-line food store.
- Akira Takano, Yuko Yurugi, Atsushi Kanaegami:
Procedure based help desk system.
- Jun'ichi Tatemura:
Virtual reviewers for collaborative exploration of movie reviews.
- Hao Yan, Ted Selker:
Context-aware office assistant.
- Robert L. Young, Elaine Kant, Larry A. Akers:
A knowledge-based electronic information and documentation system.