2. RIDS 1995: Athens, Greece
This book constitutes the refereed proceedings of the Second International Workshop on Rules in Database Systems, RIDS '95, held in Athens, Greece, in September 1995. The book presents 22 revised full papers selected during a very careful reviewing process from a total of 47 submissions. In addition, there is a detailed invited introduction for a panel discussion on the Active Database Management Systems Manifesto. The papers are organized in sections on semantics for database systems, active behavior, rule base organization and modeling, rule analysis, deductive databases, implementation and benchmarking of active database systems, and cooperative systems support.
- Opher Etzion: Reasoning About the Behavior of Active Database Applications. 86-100
- Dimitris Plexousakis: Compilation and Simplification of Temporal Integrity Constraints. 260-276
- Martin L. Kersten: An Active Component for a Parallel Database Kernel. 277-291
- Olaf Zukunft: Recovering Active Databases. 357-371