34. SIGUCCS 2006:
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada Alex Nagorski, Gordana Brouilette, Carol Rhodes (Eds.):
Proceedings of the 34th Annual ACM SIGUCCS Conference on User Services 2006, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, November 5-8, 2006.
ACM 2006, ISBN 1-59593-438-3
Last update Tue May 21 18:02:00 2013
CET by the DBLP Team — Data released under the ODC-BY 1.0 license — See also our legal information page
- David Aldrich, Bradley Bell, Tim Batzel:
Automated podcasting solution expands the boundaries of the classroom.
- Gerald Bailey, Jamie Piperberg, Bud Hiller:
Bridging the student support gap.
- Kevin J. Bailey:
Just fix it: IT support for students.
- Michelle Bautista, Bryan Lee:
A recharge model for end user computing support: yes! people pay us to fix their computers.
- Alan Bilansky:
What trainers can learn from consulting.
- Betsy Black, E. Axel Larsson:
Beyond simple e-mail: upgrading an entire campus to enterprise e-mail and calendaring with groupwise.
- Michael Blanco, Kay White:
Reactive to proactive support: a corn dance.
- George Bradford, Horace Brown:
How'd they do that: modified instructional system.
- Paul Brown, Kenneth Janz:
Facilitating innovative faculty projects: an information technology perspective.
- Tammy Browning, Kristina A. Cunningham:
Expanding technology access.
- Janiele Buckner, Nathan Carpenter, Kate Ower:
Duck, duck, goose -- no need to run from quality control.
- Michael Curtin, Nathan Carpenter, Chris Ritzo:
Adding fun and games to training programs.
- Allan Chen:
Network based storage: getting students to actually use it.
- Michael D. Ciocco, Neil Toporski, Kenur Talsania:
Retake control of your classroom technology.
- Keelan Cleary, Melissa Rycroft:
Putting out the fire before it starts: proactive technology support.
- Alison Cruess:
Architecting change from the inside out.
- Kristina A. Cunningham, Tammy Browning:
Outside the boundaries of printing: not just your 8.5 x 11 standard sheet anymore.
- Greg Deitz:
Centralized content in a decentralized IT environment: plone and content management at Texas A&M University.
- Scott Delaney, Stacey Morales:
Leveraging our campus IT in the wake of the storm.
- Greg Deveau:
Training the campus: a look at Acadia University computer support training.
- Cindy Dooling, Jeff White, Cathy Lee:
- Theresa Duhart, Heidi C. Wasem:
Against all odds: a successful exchange migration.
- Michelle Eccles:
Moving beyond the boundaries: student, staff and faculty technology education.
- Keith B. Erekson, Stephen G. Lewis:
Because we have better things to do: automating common support tasks.
- Todd Fogle, Keelan Cleary:
The easy way to move windows profiles and data.
- Laurie Fox, Shawn M. Plummer:
Opening the lines of communications with open source software.
- Naomi Fujimura, Zen-ichi Hirayama, Tatsuya Oka, Masato Komori:
Implementation and experience with the terminal registration system with web interface.
- Naomi Fujimura, Masahiro Doi:
Collecting students' degree of comprehension with mobile phones.
- Raymond Gable:
VOIP in a university call center.
- Hossein Hakimzadeh, Lynn Williams:
IU-EVAL: an electronic course evaluation system.
- Greg Hanek, Anita Schwartz, Kathy Fletcher:
IT in the ETD puzzle: making the pieces fit.
- Joshua Hartranft, Veronica Longenecker:
SafetyNET -- designing and implementing a technology support program for students.
- Leslie Hitch, Beth-Anne Sullivan:
Higher ed 101 - teaching techies higher ed culture.
- Christopher E. Howe:
Rollins college laptop repair services.
- Joseph Hughes:
Compared to operation overlord, deploying and supporting laptops should be easy.
- Paul Hyde, Suzanne Nanis:
Applying constructivist principles to reinvigorate faculty training.
- Kenneth Janz, Emily Gruenert:
Creating a positive first impression of information technology support at the start of school.
- Louis Kelly, Sandra Johnson:
Providing support to the expanding university.
- Hidekatsu Koike, Kiyoshi Akama, Hiko Morita, Katsunori Miura:
Using an automatic marking system for programming courses.
- Sheree Kornkven, Jared Hall:
Enhancing campus IT services and student employee development through student technology services.
- Adam Krob:
Finding a balance: centralized IT support for decentralized units and the liaison program at Tulane University.
- Lynnell Lacy, Laurie A. Sutch:
Working collaboratively in the big ten and beyond.
- Tim Leamy, Rob Smith, Allan Chen:
BITS based imaging process.
- Steven M. Lichti:
Purdue's system-wide deployment of a classroom response system.
- Serge Linckels, Carole Dording, Christoph Meinel:
Better results in mathematics lessons with a virtual personal teacher.
- Teresa W. Lockard, Jennifer S. Whiting:
Dressing up, dressing down: where is your career headed?
- Kathy Lyons, Martin Wolske:
Me and my shadow.
- Helen Malin:
Evaluating student employee performance.
- Sarah S. Mansell:
Digi get it: student technology training.
- Hideo Masuda, Michio Nakanishi, Akinori Saitoh, Seigo Yasutome:
Using coLinux to provide a linux environment on windows PC in public computer labs.
- Masato Masuya, Takashi Yamanoue, Shinichiro Kubota:
An experience of monitoring university network security using a commercial service and DIY monitoring.
- D. Scott McCaulay, Matthew R. Link:
Research data storage available to researchers throughout the U.S. via the TeraGrid.
- Karen McDowell:
Now that we are all so well-educated about spyware, can we put the bad guys out of business?
- Owen G. McGrath:
Balancing act: community and local requirements in an open source development process.
- Jeni McIntosh-Elkins, Karen McRitchie:
Exploring the training wilderness.
- Karen McRitchie:
Student leadership teams: does the benefit outweigh their egos?
- Johnathon A. Mohr:
The [216: 1 Ratio]: bridging the growing support gap through proactive deployment of emerging technologies.
- Stacey Morales, Toni Sparks:
Creating synergy to make I.T. happen.
- Cynthia A. Murnan:
Expanding communication mechanisms: they're not just e-mailing anymore.
- Trevor Murphy, Sharron Macklin:
Specialized computer labs: care and feeding.
- William P. Murphy III:
EMS: a homegrown identity management system.
- Ron Nichols, Larry Larraga:
Using video podcasts to enhance consulting.
- Mo Nishiyama, Leslie J. McNeil, Holly E. Wyatt:
The matrix and beyond: expanding proactive resources for customers.
- Lorna Olsen:
Being there: a "teach them to fish..." approach to training and support using WebExTM, videoconferencing, and the telephone.
- Cherry Keahey Owen, Dustin Piper:
Using remote installation services for windows to streamline installations in the UTPB computer science research lab.
- Cherry Keahey Owen, Doug Hale, Ilhyun Lee, Haesun K. Lee:
The UTPB computer science research lab: running on student power.
- Rita Pavolka:
Enhancing training & documentation by eliminating artificial boundaries.
- Elizabeth Rugg, Wendy Pearle:
ePortfolio: expanding the educational vision (our educational saga).
- Teresa K. Pearson:
Tapping an unlimited resource: the young, talented and creative minds of student workers.
- Sean P. Phalen:
Residential installations for network access on Rollins College campus.
- Jon Rickman, Merlin Miller, Tabatha Verbick, Kim Todd:
Notebook universities do not have to be expensive.
- Mark R. Ritschard:
Cultivating an awesome IT staff.
- Mark R. Ritschard:
Thin clients: the key to our success.
- Melissa E. Rycroft:
No one needs it, (until they need it) implementing a new desktop backup solution.
- John V. Samuel, Kevin J. Wilhite:
Increasing resources in times of budgetary constraints.
- Nicole M. Sattler:
Computer lab reservations: improving how to manage multiple reservation life cycles.
- Carrie Schulz:
Bringing down the boundaries: creating an environment that brings out the much needed internal motivation of support personnel.
- Carol Jarom, Anita Schwartz:
"WinSun": deploying the Windows desktop on a Sun Ray.
- Sian Shumway, Jon Crumpler, Christopher Washington, Vivian Chang:
Hiring, training and tetaining: managing student employee turnover.
- Jerry K. Smith, Almond D. Dillard:
Assessing and conquering burnout.
- Jason Snyder, Meredith Field:
We got the message: creating an instant messenger service point.
- Geoffrey Sperl:
Taming the help desk.
- Ari R. TenCate:
Expanding the boundaries through the use of technology in informal learning spaces.
- Patrick Hang Hui Then:
Online student enrollment system.
- Steven J. Timmins:
Student computing purchase programs.
- Steven J. Timmins:
Communicating using the desktop background.
- Pat Washburn:
Extreme makeover: lab edition.
- Jennifer S. Whiting:
Moving IT beyond IT.
- Terris B. Wolff:
Podcasting made simple.
- Martin Wolske, Beth Larkee, Kathy Lyons, Kelly Bridgewater:
Lessons learned from the library: building partnerships between campus and departmental IT support.
- Gary K. W. Wong, Leslie D. Fife:
Needs assessment for campus-wide network services at Brigham Young University Hawaii using IEEE 802.16 wireless network infrastructure.
- Patricia Wyatt, Kim Todd, Tabatha Verbick:
Oh, my aching laptop: expanding the boundaries of campus computing ergonomics.