Arlington, VA, USA Proceedings of the 2001 Winter Simulation Conference, WSC 2001. December 9-12, 2001, Arlington, VA, USA. ACM, 2001
- David G. Stork:
Keynote address: the HAL 9000 computer and the vision of 2001: a space odyssey.
- Bahar Deler, Barry L. Nelson:
Input modeling and its impact: modeling and generating multivariate time series with arbitrary marginals and autocorrelation structures.
- Jin Wang:
Generating daily changes in market variables using a multivariate mixture of normal distributions.
- Faker Zouaoui, James R. Wilson:
Accounting for input model and parameter uncertainty in simulation.
- Sigurdur Ólafsson, Jumi Kim:
Simulation optimization: towards a framework for black-box simulation optimization.
- John L. Maryak, Daniel C. Chin:
Global random optimization by simultaneous perturbation stochastic approximation.
- James E. Whitney II, Latasha I. Solomon, Stacy D. Hill:
Constrained optimization over discrete sets via SPSA with application to non-separable resource allocation.
- Paul Glasserman, Jeremy Staum:
Simulation in financial engineering: stopping simulated paths early.
- James M. Calvin:
Efficient simulation for discrete path-dependent option pricing.
- Scott B. Laprise, Michael C. Fu, Steven I. Marcus, Andrew E. B. Lim:
A new approach to pricing American-style derivatives.
- Sigrún Andradóttir, Nilay Tanik Argon:
Standardized time series methods: variance estimation using replicated batch means.
- Yingchieh Yeh, Bruce W. Schmeiser:
On the MSE robustness of batching estimators.
- James M. Calvin, Marvin K. Nakayama:
Improving standardized time series methods by permuting path segments.
- Faker Zouaoui, James R. Wilson:
Input uncertainty: accounting for parameter uncertainty in simulation input modeling.
- Szu Hui Ng, Stephen E. Chick:
Reducing input parameter uncertainty for simulations.
- Russell R. Barton, Lee Schruben:
Resampling methods for input modeling.
- Paritosh Y. Desai, Peter W. Glynn:
Simulation in optimization and optimization in simulation: a markov chain perspective on adaptive Monte Carlo algorithms.
- Soumyadip Ghosh, Shane G. Henderson:
- Roberto Szechtman, Peter W. Glynn:
Constrained Monte Carlo and the method of control variates.
- Juta Pichitlamken, Barry L. Nelson:
Comparing systems via stochastic simulation: selection-of-the-best procedures for optimization via simulation.
- E. Jack Chen:
Using common random numbers for indifference-zone selection.
- Henrik E. Hedlund, Mansooreh Mollaghasemi:
A genetic algorithm and an indifference-zone ranking and selection framework for simulation optimization.
- Michael Freimer, Lee Schruben:
Stochastic optimization using simulation: graphical representation of IPA estimation.
- Alexander Shapiro:
Monte Carlo simulation approach to stochastic programming.
- Julien Granger, Ananth Krishnamurthy, Stephen M. Robinson:
Stochastic modeling of airlift operations.
- James M. Calvin, Peter W. Glynn, Marvin K. Nakayama:
Steady state simulation analysis: importance sampling using the semi-regenerative method.
- E. Jack Chen, W. David Kelton:
Quantile and histogram estimation.
- Enver Yücesan, Luk N. Van Wassenhove, Klenthis Papanikas, Nico M. van Dijk:
On-line error bounds for steady-state approximations: a potential solution to the initialization bias problem.
- Nam Kyoo Boots, Perwez Shahabuddin:
Statistical tools for simulation design and analysis: simulating ruin probabilities in insurance risk processes with subexponential claims.
- Martin J. Fischer, Denise M. Bevilacqua Masi, Donald Gross, John Shortle, Percy H. Brill:
Using quantile estimates in simulating internet queues with Pareto service times.
- Jack P. C. Kleijnen, Antonie Vonk Noordegraaf, Mirjam Nielen:
Sensitivity analysis of censored output through polynomial, logistic, and tobit regression meta-models: theory and case study.
- Gilbert Chen, Boleslaw K. Szymanski:
Object-oriented paradigm: component-oriented simulation architecture: toward interoperability and interchangeability.
- Tayfur Altiok, Wei Xiong, Mesut Gunduc:
A capacity planning tool for the tuxedo middleware used in transaction processing systems.
- Björn Gehlsen, Bernd Page:
A framework for distributed simulation optimization.
- Nuno Gil, Iris D. Tommelein, Robert Kirkendall:
Extreme modeling: modeling design development in unpredictable environments.
- Paul Hyden, Lee Schruben, Theresa M. Roeder:
Resource graphs for modeling large-scale, highly congested systems.
- Prasad V. Saraph:
Simulating biotech manufacturing operations: issues and complexities.
- Hideyuki Mizuta, Yoshiki Yamagata:
Agent-based simulation and greenhouse gas emissions trading.
- Voratas Kachitvichyanukul, James O. Henriksen, Ricki G. Ingalls, Claude Dennis Pegden, Bruce W. Schmeiser:
Panel: simulation environment: simulation environment for the new millennium (panel).
- Harriet Black Nembhard, Leyuan Shi, Mehmet Aktan:
Supply chain modeling: a real options design for product outsourcing.
- Anurag Gupta, Larry Whitman, Ramesh K. Agarwal:
Supply chain agent decision aid system (SCADAS).
- David J. Parsons, Richard A. Phelps:
Production scheduling validity in high level supply chain models.
- Thomas J. Schriber, Springer Cox, James O. Henriksen, Peter Lorenz, Julian Reitman, Ingolf Ståhl:
Panel: GPSS 40th anniversary: GPSS turns 40: selected perspectives.
- Ingolf Ståhl:
GPSS: 40 years of development.
- Levent Yilmaz:
Verification and validation: automated object-flow testing of dynamic process interaction models.
- Anbin Hu, Ye San, Zicai Wang:
Verifying and validating a simulation model.
- Michael L. Metz, Jack Jordan:
Verification of object-oriented simulation designs.
- Phillip Martin:
New approaches to combat simulation: the rapid modelling system: a component based approach to the simulation of tactics.
- John B. Gilmer Jr., Frederick J. Sullivan:
Dimensionality analysis of a simulation outcome space.
- Terence Robinson:
Simulation in support of military operations, tactics, and planning: ODIN: an underwater warfare simulation environment.
- Alan Cowdale, Suzy Lithgo:
Planning aids for the military commander: force protection simulation opportunities with with GIS.
- Phillip Martin, Christopher Watson, Andy Skinner:
A simulation of the mission crew workload in a multi mission aircraft.
- George F. Stone III, Gregory A. McIntyre:
JWARS: the joint warfare system (JWARS): a modeling and analysis tool for the defense department.
- Deborah Vakas, John Prince, H. Ric Blacksten, Chuck Burdick:
Commander behavior and course of action selection in JWARS.
- H. Ric Blacksten, James W. Jones, Michael L. Poumade, Haywood S. Osborne, George F. Stone III:
JWARS output analysis.
- Scott T. Crino:
Urban and agent-based simulation: representation of urban operations in military models and simulations.
- Colin R. Mason, James Moffat:
An agent architecture for implementing command and control in military simulations.
- Donald D. Dudenhoeffer, David J. Bruemmer, Midge L. Davis:
Modeling and simulation for exploring human-robot team interaction requirements.
- Juan K. Ulloa, Eugene P. Paulo:
Simulation of logistics: effectiveness of naval surface fire support to the army brigade commander in a littoral campaign.
- Bob Hamber:
T.LoaDS abbreviated systems architecture.
- Scott D. Simpkins, Eugene P. Paulo, Lyn R. Whitaker:
Case study in modeling and simulation validation methodology.
- Ernest H. Page, Wendell H. Lunceford:
Simulation-based acquisition: architectural principles for the U.S. Army's simulation and modeling for acquisition, requirements and training (SMART) initiative.
- Gwendolyn H. Walton, Robert M. Patton, Douglas J. Parsons:
Usage testing of military simulation systems.
- Raymond R. Hill, John O. Miller, Gregory A. McIntyre:
Simulation analysis: applications of discrete event simulation modeling to military problems.
- David P. Forrai, James J. Maier:
Generic models in the advanced IRCM assessment model.
- John B. Gilmer Jr., Frederick J. Sullivan:
Study of an ergodicity pitfall in multitrajectory simulation.
- Stewart Robinson:
Economics and security issues in simulation: modes of simulation practice in business and the military.
- Mary Ewing:
The economic effects of reusability on distributed simulations.
- Asa Elkins, Jeffery W. Wilson, Denis Gracanin:
Security issues in high level architecture based distributed simulation.
- Craig A. Murphy, Terrence D. Perera:
Role of simulation in industries: the definition and potential role of simulation within an aerospace company.
- Prasad V. Saraph:
Biotech industry: simulation and beyond.
- Heidi M. E. Korhonen, Jussi Heikkilä, Jon M. Törnwall:
A simulation case study of production planning and control in printed wiring board manufacturing.
- Larry Whitman, Kartik Ramachandran, Vikram Ketkar:
A taxonomy of a living model of the enterprise.
- Jayendran Venkateswaran, Mohammed Yaseen Kalachikan Jafferali, Young-Jun Son:
Distributed simulation: an enabling technology for the evaluation of virtual enterprises.
- John Ladbrook, Annette Januszczak:
Ford's power train operations: changing the simulation environment.
- Charles R. McLean, Guodong Shao:
Simulation in shipyards: simulation of shipbuilding operations.
- Ali S. Kiran, Tekin Cetinkaya, Juan Cabrera:
Hierarchical modeling of a shipyard integrated with an external scheduling application.
- Daniel L. Williams, Daniel A. Finke, Deborah J. Medeiros, Mark T. Traband:
Discrete simulation development for a proposed shipyard steel processing facility.
- Sreeram Ramakrishnan, Richard A. Wysk, Vittaldas V. Prabhu:
Process control and improvement: prediction of process parameters for intelligent control of freezing tunnels using simulation.
- Amy Jo Naylor:
Quantifying simulation output variability using confidence intervals and statistical process control.
- Leland D. Weed:
Plate/sheet nest release and throughput simulation for WSC '01.
- Yang Xianglong, Feng Yuncheng, Li Tao, Wang Fei:
Decision making using simulation: solving sequential decision-making problems under virtual reality simulation system.
- Stewart Robinson, Thanos Alifantis, Robert Hurrion, John Ladbrook, John S. Edwards, Tony Waller:
Modelling and improving human decision making with simulation.
- Richard P. Marek, Debra A. Elkins, Donald R. Smith:
Manufacturing controls: understanding the fundamentals of Kanban and CONWIP pull systems using simulation.
- Durk-Jouke van der Zee:
Real-time adaptive control of multi-product multi-server bulk service processes.
- Sean M. Gahagan, Jeffrey W. Herrmann:
Improving simulation model adaptability with a production control framework.
- Thomas F. Brady:
Analysis of manufacturing systems: computer simulation analysis of electricity rationing effects on steel mill rolling operations.
- Christoph Roser, Masaru Nakano, Minoru Tanaka:
A practical bottleneck detection method.
- Thanos Alifantis, Stewart Robinson:
Using simulation and neural networks to develop a scheduling advisor.
- Ryan Heath Melton, C. Thomas Culbreth, Stephen D. Roberts, Jeffrey A. Joines:
Automation in modeling: using automation for finishing room capacity planning.
- Boonserm Kulvatunyou, Richard A. Wysk:
Computer-aided manufacturing simulation (CAMS) generation for interactive analysis: concepts, techniques, and issues.
- Lars G. Randell, Gunnar S. Bolmsjö:
Database driven factory simulation: a proof-of-concept demonstrator.
- Neil H. Robertson, Terrence D. Perera:
General manufacturing applications: feasibility for automatic data collection.
- Ravi Chawla, Amarnath Banerjee:
A virtual environment for simulating manufacturing operations in 3D.
Transportation, logistics, and distribution
- David Burnett, Todd LeBaron:
Distribution an dmaterial movement applications: efficiently modeling warehouse systems.
- K. Preston White, Brian Barney, Scott Keller, Robert Schwieters, Jacqueline Villasenor, William S. Terry, Richard G. Fairbrother, Richard D. Saxton:
An object-oriented paradigm for simulating postal distribution centers.
- Joseph Hugan:
Using simulation to evaluate site traffic at an automobile truck plant.
- David W. Hutchison, Stacy D. Hill:
Airline and airport applications: simulation optimization of airline delay with constraints.
- Paul E. Joustra, Nico M. van Dijk:
Simulation of check-in at airports.
- Seungman Lee, Amy R. Pritchett, David Goldsman:
Hybrid agent-based simulation for analyzing the national airspace system.
- Beth C. Kulick, James T. Sawyer:
Railroad applications: the use of simulation to calculate the labor requirements in an intermodal rail terminal.
- Dick Middelkoop, Michiel Bouwman:
Simone: large scale train network simulations.
- Malay Dalal, Lawrence P. Jensen:
Simulation modeling at union pacific railroad.
- Mariana Lo Tártaro, César Torres, Gabriel A. Wainer:
Roadways, vehicle, and traffic applications: defining models of urban traffic using the TSC tool.
- Marco Lemessi:
An SLX-based microsimulation model for a two-lane road section.
- Thomas Schulze, Marco Lemessi, Francesco Filippi:
Simulation of a night taxi-bus service for the historical center of Rome.
- Lisa A. Schaefer:
Transport applications: architecture using Jini technology for simulation of an agent-based transportation system.
- Neil Runciman:
A preliminary study of tramming speeds in multiple tele-operated load-haul-dump scenarios using QUEST®.
- Jason R. W. Merrick, J. René van Dorp, Thomas A. Mazzuchi, John R. Harrald:
Modeling risk in the dynamic environment of maritime transportation.
- S. Stephen Kuo, E. Jack Chen, Paul L. Selikson, Young M. Lee:
Material flow and inventory control applications: modeling continuous flow with discrete-event simulation.
- Kevin R. Gue, Keebom Kang:
Staging queues in material handling and transportation systems.
- Hui Zhao:
Simulation and analysis of dealers' returns distribution strategy.
- Ricki G. Ingalls, John W. Nazemetz:
Supply chain applications I: designing the support logistics for the FAA ACE-IDS system.
- Sanjay Jain, Eric C. Ervin, Andrew P. Lathrop, Russell W. Workman, Lisa M. Collins:
Analyzing the supply chain for a large logistics operation using simulation.
- Sanjay Jain, Russell W. Workman, Lisa M. Collins, Eric C. Ervin, Andrew P. Lathrop:
Supply chain applications II: development of a high-level supply chain simulation model.
- Peter Lendermann, Boon-Ping Gan, Leon F. McGinnis:
Distributed simulation with incorporated APS procedures for high-fidelity supply chain optimization.
- Perakath C. Benjamin, Mike Graul, Richard J. Mayer, Michael K. Painter, Charles Marshall:
Supply chain process design toolkit (SCPDT).
- Chad D. DeJong:
Bottleneck equipment management: simulating test program methods in semiconductor assembly test factories.
- Robert C. Kotcher:
How "overstaffing" at bottleneck machines can unleash extra capacity.
- Lars Mönch, Matthias Prause, Volker Schmalfuss:
Simulation-based solution of load-balancing problems in the photolithography area of a semiconductor wafer fabrication facility.
- Sungmin Park, Gerald T. Mackulak, John W. Fowler:
Cycle time versus throughput analysis: an overall framework for generating simulation-based cycle time-throughput curves.
- Peng Qu, Geoffrey E. Skinner, Scott J. Mason:
Sizing a pilot production line using simulation.
- Dima Nazzal, Mansooreh Mollaghasemi:
Critical tools identification and characteristics curves construction in a wafer fabrication facility.
- Kasin Oey, Scott J. Mason:
Scheduling and dispatching: scheduling batch processing machines in complex job shops.
- Zaid Duwayri, Mansooreh Mollaghasemi, Dima Nazzal:
Scheduling setup changes at bottleneck facilities in semiconductor manufacturing.
- Loo Hay Lee, Loon Ching Tang, Soon Chee Chan:
Dispatching heuristic for wafer fabrication.
- Oliver Rose:
Modeling methodology: the shortest processing time first (SPTF) dispatch rule and some variants in semiconductor manufacturing.
- Charles D. McAllister, Bertan Altuntas, Matthew Frank, Juergen Potoradi:
Implementation of response surface methodology using variance reduction techniques in semiconductor manufacturing.
- Scott L. Rosen, Chad A. Geist, Daniel A. Finke, Jyotirmaya Nanda, Russell R. Barton:
Graphical methods for robust design of a semiconductor burn-in process.
Business process modeling
- Brian M. McCarthy, Rip Stauffer:
Six sigma: enhancing six sigma through simulation with iGrafx process for six sigma.
- Patti Buss, Nathan Ivey:
Dow chemical design for six sigma rail delivery project.
- Angel Rivera, Joe Marovich:
Use of six sigma to optimize cordis sales administration and order and revenue management process.
- Shelly Shrader:
Business process simulation: simulation in government: validating business strategy.
- Mark R. Grabau:
Averages kill: (or how to sell business process simulation).
- Sanjeewa Athuraliya, Steven H. Low:
Fluid models: an empirical validation of a duality model of tcp and queue management algorithms.
- Sanjay Shakkottai, R. Srikant:
Deterministic fluid models of congestion control in high-speed networks.
- Richard J. La:
Fluid model for window-based congestion control mechanism.
- David M. Nicol:
Fluid simulation: discrete event fluid modeling of TCP.
- Yong Liu, Weibo Gong, Prashant J. Shenoy:
On the impact of concurrent downloads.
- Enrique Campos-Náñez, Stephen D. Patek:
On improving the performance of simulation-based algorithms for average reward processes with application to network pricing.
- Jason Liu, David M. Nicol, L. Felipe Perrone, Michael Liljenstam:
Wireless: towards high performance modeling of the 802.11 Wireless protocol.
- Trefor J. Delve, Nathan Smith:
Use of DaSSF in a scalable multiprocessor wireless simulation architecture.
- Sung Park, Andreas Savvides, Mani B. Srivastava:
Simulating networks of wireless sensors.
- Andrea Santoro, Francesco Quaglia:
Communications and network: benefits from semi-asynchronous checkpointing for time warp simulations of a large state PCS model.
- Kenneth Y. Jo:
Satellite communications representation in network simulation.
- Hao Wu, Richard Fujimoto, George F. Riley:
Experiences parallelizing a commercial network simulator.
- Garrett R. Yaun, Christopher D. Carothers, Sibel Adali, David L. Spooner:
Complex and interconnected systems: optimistic parallel simulation of a large-scale view storage system.
- Simon J. E. Taylor, Rajeev Sudra, Tharumasegaram Janahan, Gary S. H. Tan, John Ladbrook:
Towards COTS distributed simulation using GRIDS.
- Lori M. Kaufman, Ted C. Giras:
Simulation of rare events in transportation systems.
- Christos Alexopoulos, David Goldsman, John Fontanesi, Mark Sawyer, Michelle De Guire, David Kopald, Kathy Holcomb:
Healthcare I: a discrete-event simulation application for clinics serving the poor.
- Martha A. Centeno, Marsha A. Lee, Elizabeth Lopez, Helida R. Fernandez, Manuel Carrillo, Tom Ogazon:
A simulation study of the labor and delivery rooms at JMH.
- Francisco J. Ramis, Jorge L. Palma, Felipe F. Baesler:
The use of simulation for process improvement at an ambulatory surgery center.
- Felipe F. Baesler, José A. Sepúlveda:
Healthcare II: multi-objective simulation optimization for a cancer treatment center.
- Tillal Eldabi, Ray J. Paul:
A proposed approach for modeling healthcare systems for understanding.
- Sheldon H. Jacobson, Edward C. Sewell, Bruce G. Weniger:
Using Monte Carlo simulation to assess the value of combination vaccines for pediatric immunization.
- Stephen P. Murphy, Terrence D. Perera:
Simulation practice: key enablers in the development of simulation.
- Sandeep Gulati, Scott A. Malcolm:
Call center scheduling technology evaluation using simulation.
- Stuart Gittlitz:
Choosing among seven bases.
Future of simulation
Construction engineering and project management
- Tarek M. Zayed, Daniel W. Halpin:
Construction I: simulation of bored pile construction.
- Nuno Gil, Iris D. Tommelein:
Comparison of simulation modeling techniques that use preemption to capture design uncertainty.
- Janaka Y. Ruwanpura, Simaan M. AbouRizk:
Design, development and application of soil transition algorithms for tunneling using special purpose simulation.
- Anil Sawhney, Howard H. Bashford, Kenneth D. Walsh, André Mund:
Construction II: simulation of production homebuilding using simphony.
- Vineet R. Kamat, Julio C. Martínez:
Enabling smooth and scalable dynamic 3D visualization of discrete-event construction simulations.
- Jonathan Jingsheng Shi:
Practical approaches for validating a construction simulation.
- Brenda McCabe, Donald Ford:
Construction III: using belief networks to assess risk.
- Mohamed Marzouk, Osama Moselhi:
On the use of fuzzy clustering in construction simulation.
- Julio C. Martínez:
EZStrobe: general-purpose simulation system based on activity cycle diagrams.
Last update Fri May 24 19:57:26 2013
CET by the DBLP Team — Data released under the ODC-BY 1.0 license — See also our legal information page
- Richard E. Nance, Osman Balci:
Plenary session: thoughts and musings on simulation education.
- Jerry Banks:
Panel: education for practice: panel session: education for simulation practice - five perspectives.
- Tayfur Altiok, W. David Kelton, Pierre L'Ecuyer, Barry L. Nelson, Bruce W. Schmeiser, Thomas J. Schriber, Lee Schruben, James R. Wilson:
Panel: academic perspectives: various ways academics teach simulation: are they all appropriate?
- T. Andrew Yang:
Curriculum for simulation education: integration of computer simulation and visualization research into undergraduate degree programs.
- Roy E. Crosbie, John J. Zenor, Ralph C. Hilzer Jr.:
More on a model curriculum for modeling and simulation.
- Leo J. De Vin, Mats Jägstam:
Why we need to offer a modeling and simulation engineering curriculum.
- Tajudeen A. Atolagbe, Vlatka Hlupic, Simon J. E. Taylor:
Teaching tools and methods: GeNisa: a web-based interactive learning environment for teaching simulation modelling.
- Charles R. Standridge:
Teaching manufacturing systems simulation in a computer aided teaching studio.
- Agostino G. Bruzzone, Roberto Mosca, Roberto Revetria:
YACHTS: yet another cooperative high level architecture training software.
- Leonardo Chwif, Marcos Ribeiro Pereira Barretto, Ray J. Paul:
Teaching simulation and simulation for teaching: assessment of student preparation for discrete event simulation courses.
- William Yurcik, Hugh Osborne:
A crowd of little man computers: visual computer simulator teaching tools.