Volume 4, Number 1, March 1988 Articles
- R. E. Carhart, H. D. Cash, J. F. Moore:
StrateGene: object-oriented programming in molecular biology.
- Eugene W. Myers, Webb Miller:
Optimal alignments in linear space.
- Gad M. Landau, Uzi Vishkin, Ruth Nussinov:
Locating alignments with k differences for nucleotide and amino acid sequences.
- C. B. Lawrence, D. A. Goldman:
Definition and identification of homology domains.
- J. D. Hall, Eugene W. Myers:
A software tool for finding locally optimal alignments in protein and nucleic acid sequences.
- Samuel Karlin, Macdonald Morris, G. Ghandour, M.-Y. Leung:
Algorithms for identifying local molecular sequence features.
- Rodger Staden:
Methods to define and locate patterns of motifs in sequences.
- Michael Gribskov, M. Homyak, J. Edenfield, David Eisenberg:
Profile scanning for three-dimensional structural patterns in protein sequences.
- J. F. Collins, A. F. W. Coulson, A. Lyall:
The significance of protein sequence similarities.
- J. Owens, D. Chatterjee, Ruth Nussinov, Andrzej K. Konopka, Jacob V. Maizel:
A fixed-point alignment technique for detection of recurrent and common sequence motifs associated with biological features.
- U. Grob, K. Stuber:
Recognition of ill-defined signals in nucleic acid sequences.
- Mauno Vihinen:
An algorithm for simultaneous comparison of several sequences.
- U. Melcher:
A readable and space-efficient DNA sequence representation: application to caulimoviral DNAs.
- Lloyd Allison, Chut N. Yee:
Restriction site mapping is in separation theory.
- Pierre Tufféry, Philippe Dessen, C. Mugnier, Serge A. Hazout:
Restriction map construction using a 'complete sentences compatibility' algorithm.
- B. Bellon:
Construction of restriction maps.
- Trevor I. Dix, Dorota H. Kieronska:
Errors between sites in restriction site mapping.
- J. Sulston, F. Mallett, Rodger Staden, R. Durbin, Terry Horsnell, A. Coulson:
Software for genome mapping by fingerprinting techniques.
- Wilma K. Olson, Annankoil R. Srinivasan:
The translation of DNA primary base sequence into three-dimensional structure.
- Robert Cedergren, Daniel Gautheret, Guy Lapalme, François Major:
A secondary and tertiary structure editor for nucleic acids.
- R. K. Tan, M. Prabhakaran, C. S. Tung, Stephen C. Harvey:
AUGUR: a program to predict, display and analyze the tertiary structure of B-DNA.
- Shu-Yun Le, Jih-H. Chen, Kathleen M. Currey, Jacob V. Maizel:
A program for predicting significant RNA secondary structures.
- J. L. Modelevsky, T. G. Akers:
Reiterative RNA folding and occupancy rate analysis for mRNA modelling.
- Robert E. Bruccoleri, G. Heinrich:
An improved algorithm for nucleic acid secondary structure display.
- R. J. Folz, J. I. Gordon:
PARA-SITE: a computer algorithm for rapidly analyzing the physical- chemical properties of amino acid sequences at sites of co- and post- translational protein processing.
- B. A. Jameson, H. Wolf:
The antigenic index: a novel algorithm for predicting antigenic determinants.
- H. Wolf, S. Modrow, M. Motz, B. A. Jameson, G. Hermann, B. Fortsch:
An integrated family of amino acid sequence analysis programs.
- D. Shalloway, S. F. Sneddon, E. K. Little:
Microcomputer-based three-dimensional stereoscopic macromolecular graphics display.
- J. A. Bossinger:
The Annotator's Assistant: an expert system for direct submission of genetic sequence data.
- T. P. Keenan, Stephen A. Krawetz:
Computer video acquisition and analysis system for biological data.
- K. M. Williams:
Version 5 of the Mount-Conrad-Myers Sequence Analysis Software Package now available.
- D. W. Smith:
A complete, yet flexible, system for DNA/protein sequence analysis using VAX/VMS computers.
- T. Friedemann:
Alignment of multiple DNA and protein sequence data.
- J. Campione-Piccardo, R. Moro:
Modification of DNA ends and detection of restriction enzyme recognition sequences in their ligated junctions.
- Edmond J. Breen, Lois H. Browne, Len Glue, Keith L. Williams:
The DNA rodent: a portable hand held DNA sequence reader.
- H. B. Jenson:
Enhancement of DNA sequence computer programs by using digitized voice output.
Volume 4, Number 2, April 1988 Articles
- E. B. Moser, A. M. Saxton, J. P. Geaghan:
Biological applications of the SAS system: an overview.
- G. F. Griffin, G. N. Bastin:
Hand-held computer program for field-capture and analysis of herbage yield and composition data using a modified dry-weight-rank and yield estimate method.
- Karl Sirotkin:
A computer program to display codon changes caused by mutagenesis.
- A. Mynett:
FUGE: an analytical ultracentrifuge simulation for teaching purposes.
- J. L. Modelevsky, T. G. Akers:
BCE: a tool for software integration.
- J. Campione-Piccardo:
Algorithms for determining the fate of sites and domain boundaries in computer simulations of recombinant DNA procedures.
- Pasquale Petrilli:
PROSOFT: a general purpose software in protein chemistry.
- C. D. Porter, A. G. Porter, L. C. Archard:
BBC microcomputer controlled field inversion gel electrophoresis.
- J. D. Santangelo:
A general purpose computer analysis system for chromatographic data.
- W. Vanden Berghe, P. Aerts:
A hidden-line algorithm for graphical reconstruction of serially sectioned objects.
- M. A. Fernandes, P. J. Jackman, S. A. Clark, S. R. Gunard:
Detection and quantification of microorganisms in a heterogeneous foodstuff by image analysis.
- J. Mrazek, J. Kypr:
Computer program Jamsek combining statistical and stereochemical rules for the prediction of protein secondary structure.
- Francesco Facchiano, Antonio Facchiano, R. Ragone, Giovanni Colonna:
New graphic representation of structural parameters of proteins.
- Joaquín Dopazo:
Reducing the effect of the data order in algorithms for constructing phylogenetic trees.
- J. L. Modelevsky, T. G. Akers:
3-D multi-variate data display tool as a protein design aid.
- J. Mandler:
HYSTRUC: hydropathy and secondary structure prediction.
- J. Mandler:
BETRA: a helpful tool for Beckman Microgenie users.
Volume 4, Number 3, August 1988 Articles
- G. W. Kidder III:
Resolution improvement by modulation of analog-to-digital converters.
- Shu-Yun Le, Jih-H. Chen, Ruth Nussinov, Jacob V. Maizel:
An improved secondary structure computation method and its application to intervening sequence in the human alpha-likeglobin mRNA precursors.
- D. R. Boswell:
A program for template matching of protein sequences.
- Gilbert Deléage, F. F. Clerc, B. Roux, D. C. Gautheron:
ANTHEPROT: a package for protein sequence analysis using a microcomputer.
- Olivier Gascuel, J. L. Golmard:
A simple method for predicting the secondary structure of globular proteins: implications and accuracy.
- K. Nakata, M. Kanehisa, Jacob V. Maizel:
Discriminant analysis of promoter regions in Escherichia coli sequences.
- R. P. Shellis:
A microcomputer program to evaluate the saturation of complex solutions with respect to biominerals.
- Modesto Orozco, F. Javier Luque:
POEMS: program for outliers elimination in multidimensional space.
- Bruce A. Shapiro:
An algorithm for comparing multiple RNA secondary structures.
- A. H. Reisner, C. A. Bucholtz:
The use of various properties of amino acids in color and monochrome dot-matrix analyses for protein homologies.
- A. Fielding:
Matrix algebra routines for the Acorn Archimedes microcomputer: example applications.
- A. M. Popowicz, P. F. Dash:
SIGSEQ: a computer program for predicting signal sequence cleavage sites.
- C. Bergmann, R. Bergmann:
SCATTER: a program to correct UV spectra recorded with an LKB Ultrospec interfaced to an Apple IIe for light scattering by particles or aggregates.
- J. M. Smith:
CELLBASE: a database management system for the control of cell line storage.
Volume 4, Number 4, November 1988 Articles
Last update Sun May 19 23:52:04 2013
CET by the DBLP Team — Data released under the ODC-BY 1.0 license — See also our legal information page
- A. Jimenez-Sanchez, E. C. Guzman:
Direct procedure for the determination of the number of replication forks and the reinitiation fraction in bacteria.
- M. Equihua:
Analysis of finite mixture of distributions: a statistical tool for biological classification problems.
- P. Taylor:
A program for drawing evolutionary trees.
- François Major, R. Feldmann, Guy Lapalme, Robert Cedergren:
FUS: a system to simulate conformational changes in biological macromolecules.
- Marie-Odile Delorme, Alain Hénaut:
Merging of distance matrices and classification by dynamic clustering.
- R. Smith:
A finite state machine algorithm for finding restriction sites and other pattern matching applications.
- K. Tajima:
Multiple DNA and protein sequence alignment on a workstation and a supercomputer.
- Stavros J. Hamodrakas:
A protein secondary structure prediction scheme for the IBM PC and compatibles.
- L. Menendez-Arias, J. Gomez-Gutierrez, M. Garcia-Ferrandez, A. Garcia-Tejedor, F. Moran:
A BASIC microcomputer program to calculate the secondary structure of proteins from their circular dichroism spectrum.
- F. Dardel, P. Bensoussan:
DNAid: a Macintosh full screen editor featuring a built-in regular expression interpreter for the search of specific patterns in biological sequences using finite state automata.
- R. J. Beynon:
A Macintosh Hypercard stack for calculation of thermodynamically- corrected buffer recipes.
- W. Bains:
AXE: a program for isolating short segments of long DNA sequences.
- J. Mandler:
ANTIGEN: protein surface residue prediction.