Volume 45, Number 1, January 2002
The business of software
Game engines in scientific research
- Michael Lewis, Jeffrey Jacobson:
Game engines in scientific research - Introduction.
- Michael Lewis:
The new cards.
- John E. Laird:
Research in human-level AI using computer games.
- Wayne Piekarski, Bruce H. Thomas:
ARQuake: the outdoor augmented reality gaming system.
- Jeffrey Jacobson, Zimmy Hwang:
Unreal tournament for immersive interactive theater.
- Gal A. Kaminka, Manuela M. Veloso, Steve Schaffer, Chris Sollitto, Rogelio Adobbati, Andrew N. Marshall, Andrew Scholer, Sheila Tejada:
GameBots: a flexible test bed for multiagent team research.
- Markus Bylund, Fredrik Espinoza:
Testing and demonstrating context-aware services with Quake III Arena.
Internet abuse in the workplace
- The ACM annual report FY01.
Volume 45, Number 2, February 2002
Ontology Applications and Design
- Andrew Grosso:
Why the digital millennium copyright act is a failure of reason.
- Michael Grüninger, Jintae Lee:
Ontology Applications and Design - Introduction.
- Clyde W. Holsapple, Kshiti D. Joshi:
A collaborative approach to ontology design.
- Henry Kim:
Predicting how ontologies for the semantic web will evolve.
- John O. Everett, Daniel G. Bobrow, Reinhard Stolle, Richard S. Crouch, Valeria de Paiva, Cleo Condoravdi, Martin van den Berg, Livia Polanyi:
Making ontologies work for resolving redundancies across documents.
- Nicola Guarino, Christopher A. Welty:
Evaluating ontological decisions with OntoClean.
- Thomas Erickson:
Some problems with the notion of context-aware computing.
Volume 45, Number 3, March 2002
The profession of IT
- A study of student privacy issues at Stanford University.
Intelligence, Versatility, Adaptivity
- Ananda Mitra:
Trust, authenticity, and discursive power in cyberspace.
- Gaurav S. Sukhatme, Maja J. Mataric:
Robots: Intelligence, Versatility, Adaptivity - Introduction.
- Rodney A. Brooks:
- Daniela Rus, Zack J. Butler, Keith Kotay, Marsette Vona:
- Oussama Khatib, Oliver Brock, Kyong-Sok Chang, François Conti, Diego C. Ruspini, Luis Sentis:
Robotics and interactive simulation.
- Sebastian Thrun:
- Manuela M. Veloso:
Volume 45, Number 4, April 2002
Log on Education
- Murray Turoff:
Past and future emergency response information systems.
Supporting Community and Building Social Capital
- David Davenport:
Anonymity on the Internet: why the price may be too high.
- Marie-Michèle Boulet, Faouzi Ben Jebara, Fathi Bemmira, Serge Boudreault:
A comparison of three delivery systems for teaching an information technology course.
- Vladan Devedzic:
Understanding ontological engineering.
- Christos J. Georgiou, Petros S. Stefaneas:
Strategies for accelerating the worldwide adoption of e-commerce.
- T. Dean Hendrix, Michelle P. Schneider:
NASA's TReK project: a case study in using the spiral model of software development.
- William L. Hibbard, Curtis Rueden, Steve Emmerson, Tom Rink, David Glowacki, Tom Whittaker, Don Murray, David Fulker, John Anderson:
Java distributed objects for numerical visualization in VisAD.
- Gretchen L. Robertson, Deborah Hix:
Making the computer accessible to mentally retarded adults.
- Beverly K. Kahn, Diane M. Strong, Richard Y. Wang:
Information quality benchmarks: product and service performance.
- Anandasivam Gopal, Tridas Mukhopadhyay, Mayuram S. Krishnan:
The role of software processes and communication in offshore software development.
- Ravi Patnayakuni, Arun Rai:
Development infrastructure characteristics and process capability.
- Leo Pipino, Yang W. Lee, Richard Y. Wang:
Data quality assessment.
- Moshe Zviran:
Securing PC applications: the relay race approach.
Volume 45, Number 5, May 2002
The Business of Software
The Adaptive Web
- Robert L. Glass:
Searching for the holy grail of software engineering.
- Peter Brusilovsky, Mark T. Maybury:
From adaptive hypermedia to the adaptive web.
- Daniel Billsus, Clifford Brunk, Craig Evans, Brian Gladish, Michael J. Pazzani:
Adaptive interfaces for ubiquitous web access.
- Barry Smyth, Keith Bradley, Rachael Rafter:
Personalization techniques for online recruitment services.
- Josef Fink, Jürgen Koenemann, Stephan Noller, Ingo Schwab:
Putting personalization into practice.
- Elisabeth André, Thomas Rist:
From adaptive hypertext to personalized web companions.
- Keith Cheverst, Keith Mitchell, Nigel Davies:
The role of adaptive hypermedia in a context-aware tourist GUIDE.
- Liliana Ardissono, Anna Goy, Giovanna Petrone, Marino Segnan:
Personalization in business-to-customer interaction.
- Marc Light, Mark T. Maybury:
Personalized multimedia information access.
- Paul De Bra:
Adaptive educational hypermedia on the web.
- Diana Bental, Alison Cawsey:
Personalized and adaptive systems for medical consumer applications.
- Alfred Kobsa:
Personalized hypermedia and international privacy.
Volume 45, Number 6, June 2002
The Profession of IT
- Michael Ettredge, Vernon J. Richardson, Susan Scholz:
Timely financial reporting at corporate web sites?
- Kai Lung Hui, Patrick Y. K. Chau:
Classifying digital products.
- Gary Klein, James J. Jiang, Debbie B. Tesch:
Wanted: project teams with a blend of is professional orientations.
- Gloria Mark:
- Raquel Benbunan-Fich:
Improving education and training with IT.
- James A. Aries, Subhankar Banerjee, Marc S. Brittan, Eric Dillon, Janusz S. Kowalik, John P. Lixvar:
Capacity and performance analysis of distributed enterprise systems.
Volume 45, Number 7, July 2002
- Neil Munro:
The ever-expanding network of local and federal databases.
How the virtual inspires the real
- Shai Simonson:
A post-baccalaureate undergraduate-level program in computer science.
Volume 45, Number 8, August 2002
Log on education
Evolving data mining into solutions for insights
- Ross A. Malaga:
Additional methods when using email for teaching.
- Usama M. Fayyad, Ramasamy Uthurusamy:
Evolving data into mining solutions for insights.
- Padhraic Smyth, Daryl Pregibon, Christos Faloutsos:
Data-driven evolution of data mining algorithms.
- Paul S. Bradley, Johannes Gehrke, Raghu Ramakrishnan, Ramakrishnan Srikant:
Scaling mining algorithms to large databases.
- Ron Kohavi, Neal Rothleder, Evangelos Simoudis:
Emerging trends in business analytics.
- Chidanand Apté, Bing Liu, Edwin P. D. Pednault, Padhraic Smyth:
Business applications of data mining.
- Jiawei Han, Russ B. Altman, Vipin Kumar, Heikki Mannila, Daryl Pregibon:
Emerging scientific applications in data mining.
- Robert L. Grossman, Mark F. Hornick, Gregor Meyer:
Data mining standards initiatives.
- Peter Tarasewich, Patrick R. McMullen:
Swarm intelligence: power in numbers.
- Tim Coltman, Timothy M. Devinney, Alopi S. Latukefu, David F. Midgley:
Keeping e-business in perspective.
- Clayton A. Looney, Debabroto Chatterjee:
Web-enabled transformation of the brokerage industry.
- Craig Van Slyke, Christie L. Comunale, France Belanger:
Gender differences in perceptions of web-based shopping.
- George Chin Jr., James D. Myers, David Hoyt:
Social networks in the virtual science laboratory.
- M. A. Quaddus, Lai Lai Tung:
Explaining cultural differences in decision conferencing.
- Lawrence G. Jones, Arthur L. Price:
Changes in computer science accreditation.
- Nick Ourosoff:
Primitive types in Java considered harmful.
Volume 45, Number 9, September 2002
The profession of IT
From the president
A year after 9/11:
where are we now?
The consumer side of search
- Maria M. Klawe:
Making a difference through computing communities.
- Eric A. Brewer:
- Marti A. Hearst, Ame Elliott, Jennifer English, Rashmi R. Sinha, Kirsten Swearingen, Ka-Ping Yee:
Finding the flow in web site search.
- James E. Pitkow, Hinrich Schütze, Todd A. Cass, Robert Cooley, Don Turnbull, Andy Edmonds, Eytan Adar, Thomas M. Breuel:
- Abbe Mowshowitz, Akira Kawaguchi:
Bias on the web.
- James H. Gerlach, Bruce Neumann, Edwin Moldauer, Martha Argo, Daniel Frisby:
Determining the cost of IT services.
- Ellen Isaacs, Alan Walendowski, Dipti Ranganathan:
Mobile instant messaging through Hubbub.
- Ritu Agarwal, Thomas W. Ferratt:
Enduring practices for managing IT professionals.
- Mike Morrison, Joline Morrison, Anthony Keys:
Integrating web sites and databases.
- Craig K. Tyran, Joey F. George:
Improving software inspections with group process support.
- William R. King, Peter V. Marks, Scott McCoy:
The most important issues in knowledge management.
- Nikolay V. Shilov, Kwangkeun Yi:
Engaging students with theory through ACM collegiate programming contest.
- Mark Stamp:
Risks of digital rights management.
Volume 45, Number 10, October 2002
Development and integrating enterprise components and services
- Alan Howard:
Rapid Application Development: rough and dirty or value-for-money engineering?.
Creativity and interface
- Ali Arsanjani:
- Ivica Crnkovic, Brahim Hnich, Torsten Jonsson, Zeynep Kiziltan:
Specification, implementation, and deployment of components.
- Erik Meijer, Clemens A. Szyperski:
Overcoming independent extensibility challenges.
- Keith Levi, Ali Arsanjani:
A goal-driven approach to enterprise component identification and specification.
- Ricardo Jardim-Gonçalves, Adolfo Steiger-Garção:
Implicit multilevel modeling in flexible busines environments.
- Jeff Sutherland, Willem-Jan van den Heuvel:
Enterprise application integration and complex adaptive systems.
- Aniruddha S. Gokhale, Douglas C. Schmidt, Balachandran Natarajan, Nanbor Wang:
Applying model-integrated computing to component middleware and enterprise applications.
- Michael Stal:
Web services: beyond component-based computing.
- Paul Fremantle, Sanjiva Weerawarana, Rania Khalaf:
- Soo Dong Kim:
Lessons learned from a nationwide CBD promotion project.
- Winslow Burleson, Ted Selker:
- Ernest A. Edmonds, Linda Candy:
Creativity, art practice, and knowledge.
- Lena Mamykina, Linda Candy, Ernest A. Edmonds:
- Sharon L. Greene:
Characteristics of applications that support creativity.
- Michael A. Terry, Elizabeth D. Mynatt:
Supporting experimentation with Side-Views.
- Chris Roast, Innes Ritchie, Stephanie Thomas:
Re-creating the reader: supporting active reading in literary research.
- John C. Thomas, Alison Lee, Catalina Danis:
Enhancing creative design via software tools.
- Ben Shneiderman:
Creativity support tools.
Volume 45, Number 11, November 2002
The business of software
Computer-supported cooperative work in design
What UML should be
Licensing software engineers
- Zakaria Maamar, Weiming Shen:
- Mark Klein, Hiroki Sayama, Peyman Faratin, Yaneer Bar-Yam:
A complex systems perspective on computer-supported collaborative design technology.
- Soroush Sedaghat, Josef Pieprzyk, Ehsan Vossough:
On-the-fly web content integrity check boosts users's confidence.
- Federico Bergenti, Agostino Poggi, Matteo Somacher:
A collaborative platform for fixed and mobile networks.
- Lihui Wang, Brian Wong, Weiming Shen, Sherman Y. T. Lang:
A Java 3d-enabled cyber workspace.
Volume 45, Number 12, December 2002
Issues and challenges in ubiquitous computing
Last update Fri May 17 19:45:37 2013
CET by the DBLP Team — Data released under the ODC-BY 1.0 license — See also our legal information page