Volume 35, Number 1, January 2011
- Rafiqul Gani:
- Petr Kadlec, Ratko Grbic, Bogdan Gabrys:
Review of adaptation mechanisms for data-driven soft sensors.
- Ade Haryanto, Keum-Shik Hong:
Modeling and simulation of an oxy-fuel combustion boiler system with flue gas recirculation.
- Katja Lappalainen, Elena Gorshkova, Mikko Manninen, Ville Alopaeus:
Characteristics of liquid and tracer dispersion in trickle-bed reactors: Effect on CFD modeling and experimental analyses.
- Wolfram Heineken, Dietrich Flockerzi, Andreas Voigt, Kai Sundmacher:
Dimension reduction of bivariate population balances using the quadrature method of moments.
- Aidong Yang, Elaine B. Martin, A. Julian Morris:
Identification of semi-parametric hybrid process models.
- Peter Kühl, Moritz Diehl, Tom Kraus, Johannes P. Schlöder, Hans Georg Bock:
A real-time algorithm for moving horizon state and parameter estimation.
- Míriam R. García, Carlos Vilas, Eva Balsa-Canto, Velislava N. Lyubenova, Maya N. Ignatova, Antonio A. Alonso:
On-line estimation in a distributed parameter bioreactor: Application to the gluconic acid production.
- Iskandar Halim, Rajagopalan Srinivasan:
A knowledge-based simulation-optimization framework and system for sustainable process operations.
- Jorge E. Alaña, Constantinos Theodoropoulos:
Optimal location of measurements for parameter estimation of distributed parameter systems.
- Ritesh Krishna, Satyadarshi Nanda, Abhijit Kulkarni, Sangameshwar Patil:
A partial Granger causality based method for analysis of parameter interactions in bioreactors.
- A. J. Willis:
Design of a modified sequential probability ratio test (SPRT) for pipeline leak detection.
- Xi Zhang, Karlene A. Hoo:
Effective fault detection and isolation using bond graph-based domain decomposition.
- Gabriela Corsano, Jorge M. Montagna:
Mathematical modeling for simultaneous design of plants and supply chain in the batch process industry.
- S. A. MirHassani, H. Fani Jahromi:
Scheduling multi-product tree-structure pipelines.
- Gheorghe Maria, Anca Dan:
Derivation of optimal operating policies under safety and technological constraints for the acetoacetylation of pyrrole in a semi-batch catalytic reactor.
Volume 35, Number 2, February 2011
- I. I. Ruiz-López, H. Ruiz-Espinosa, M. L. Luna-Guevara, M. A. García-Alvarado:
Modeling and simulation of heat and mass transfer during drying of solids with hemispherical shell geometry.
- Gabriela Salejova, Zdenek Grof, Olga Solcova, Petr Schneider, Juraj Kosek:
Strategy for predicting effective transport properties of complex porous structures.
- Boleslaw Tabis, Robert Grzywacz:
Numerical and technological properties of bubble column bioreactors for aerobic processes.
- Mario E. Mellado, María P. Casanova, Luis A. Cisternas, Edelmira D. Gálvez:
On scalable analytical models for heap leaching.
- Elwira Tomczak:
Application of ANN and EA for description of metal ions sorption on chitosan foamed structure - Equilibrium and dynamics of packed column.
- Claudia Gutiérrez-Antonio, Abel Briones-Ramírez, Arturo Jiménez-Gutiérrez:
Optimization of Petlyuk sequences using a multi objective genetic algorithm with constraints.
- Alexey Zakharov, Sirkka-Liisa Jämsä Jounela:
Iterative optimization of the economic efficiency of an industrial process within the validity area of the static plant model and its application to a Pulp Mill.
- Steffen Rebennack, Josef Kallrath, Panos M. Pardalos:
Optimal storage design for a multi-product plant: A non-convex MINLP formulation.
- Jinhui Zhao, Ning Wang:
A bio-inspired algorithm based on membrane computing and its application to gasoline blending scheduling.
- Zhiqiang Ge, Zhihuan Song:
Process structure change detection by eigenvalue-based method.
- Ryan Gosselin, Denis Rodrigue, Carl Duchesne:
A hyperspectral imaging sensor for on-line quality control of extruded polymer composite products.
- Luis A. Ricardez-Sandoval, P. L. Douglas, H. M. Budman:
A methodology for the simultaneous design and control of large-scale systems under process parameter uncertainty.
- M. Bin Shams, H. M. Budman, T. A. Duever:
Finding a trade-off between observability and economics in the fault detection of chemical processes.
- Chuei-Tin Chang, Chung Yang Chen:
Fault diagnosis with automata generated languages.
- Kaushik Ghosh, Yew Seng Ng, Rajagopalan Srinivasan:
Evaluation of decision fusion strategies for effective collaboration among heterogeneous fault diagnostic methods.
- Li-Ping Chung, Chuei-Tin Chang:
Petri-net models for comprehensive hazard analysis of MOCVD processes.
- Pedro M. Castro, Iiro Harjunkoski, Ignacio E. Grossmann:
Optimal scheduling of continuous plants with energy constraints.
- Guido Buzzi Ferraris, Flavio Manenti:
Outlier detection in large data sets.
Volume 35, Number 3, March 2011
- Venkat Venkatasubramanian, Rafiqul Gani:
Computers & Chemical Engineering: Best paper of 2009.
- Michael Frenkel:
Thermophysical and thermochemical properties on-demand for chemical process and product design.
- Saeed Khaleghi Rahimian, Farhang Jalali, J. D. Seader, R. E. White:
A new homotopy for seeking all real roots of a nonlinear equation.
- Shamsul Qamar, Saima Noor, Mubeen Rehman, Andreas Seidel-Morgenstern:
Numerical solution of a multi-dimensional batch crystallization model with fines dissolution.
- Jonas Roininen, Ville Alopaeus:
The moment method for one-dimensional dynamic reactor models with axial dispersion.
- Zdzislaw Jaworski, Barbara Zakrzewska:
Towards multiscale modelling in product engineering.
- Débora C. Faria, Miguel J. Bagajewicz:
Novel bound contraction procedure for global optimization of bilinear MINLP problems with applications to water management problems.
- F. Esmaeilzadeh Azar, M. Perrier, Balasubramaniam Srinivasan:
A global optimization method based on multi-unit extremum-seeking for scalar nonlinear systems.
- Giovanni Stracquadanio, Giuseppe Nicosia:
Computational energy-based redesign of robust proteins.
- Frances E. Pereira, E. Keskes, Amparo Galindo, George Jackson, Claire S. Adjiman:
Integrated solvent and process design using a SAFT-VR thermodynamic description: High-pressure separation of carbon dioxide and methane.
- Kaibiao Sun, Yuan Tian, Lansun Chen, Andrzej Kasperski:
Universal modelling and qualitative analysis of an impulsive bioprocess.
- Tao Chen, Kunn Hadinoto, Wenjin Yan, Yifei Ma:
Efficient meta-modelling of complex process simulations with time-space-dependent outputs.
- Efrén Aguilar-Garnica, Juan Paulo García-Sandoval, Carlos González-Figueredo:
A robust monitoring tool for distributed parameter plug flow reactors.
- Ruben Gonzalez, Biao Huang, Fangwei Xu, Aris Espejo, Joseph Amalraj, William Lam:
Reconciling continuum and non-continuum data with industrial application.
- Eduardo L. T. Conceição, António A. T. G. Portugal:
Finite-sample comparison of robust estimators for nonlinear regression using Monte Carlo simulation: Part I. Univariate response models.
- Vivek Dua:
An Artificial Neural Network approximation based decomposition approach for parameter estimation of system of ordinary differential equations.
- Ricardo M. Lima, Ignacio E. Grossmann, Yu Jiao:
Long-term scheduling of a single-unit multi-product continuous process to manufacture high performance glass.
Volume 35, Number 4, April 2011
Papers presented at the Knowledge Management Symposium of the World Congress of Chemical Engineering 8 (WCCE 8) , Montreal, Canada, August 23-27, 2009
- Yoshikazu Ishii, Fred D. Otto:
An alternate computational architecture for advanced process engineering.
- Z. F. Tian, P. J. Witt, W. Yang, M. P. Schwarz:
Numerical simulation and validation of gas-particle rectangular jets in crossflow.
- Joanna Smula-Ostaszewska, Bernhard Peters:
Evaluation of potassium chloride emissions applying the Discrete Particle Method (DPM).
- Kezong Tang, Tingkai Sun, Jing-Yu Yang:
An improved genetic algorithm based on a novel selection strategy for nonlinear programming problems.
- Onur A. Kilic, Dirk Pieter van Donk, Jacob Wijngaard:
A discrete time formulation for batch processes with storage capacity and storage time limitations.
- Rayees Ahamed Imam, Hannsjörg Freund, Kai Sundmacher:
Dynamics of liquid-liquid systems based on linear thermodynamics of irreversible processes.
- Smaranda Cristea, César de Prada, Daniel Sarabia, Gloria Gutiérrez:
Aeration control of a wastewater treatment plant using hybrid NMPC.
- H. Prashanth Reddy, Shankar Narasimhan, S. Murty Bhallamudi, S. Bairagi:
Leak detection in gas pipeline networks using an efficient state estimator. Part-I: Theory and simulations.
- H. Prashanth Reddy, Shankar Narasimhan, S. Murty Bhallamudi, S. Bairagi:
Leak detection in gas pipeline networks using an efficient state estimator. Part II. Experimental and field evaluation.
- Yang Yang, Tian Lin, Xiao L. Weng, Jawwad A. Darr, Xue Z. Wang:
Data flow modeling, data mining and QSAR in high-throughput discovery of functional nanomaterials.
Volume 35, Number 5, May 2011
- Sauro Pierucci, Guido Buzzi Ferraris:
- Weiguo Xie, Ioannis Bonis, Constantinos Theodoropoulos:
Off-line model reduction for on-line linear MPC of nonlinear large-scale distributed systems.
- O. Naeem, A. E. M. Huesman:
Non-linear model approximation and reduction by new input-state Hammerstein block structure.
- Edrisi Muñoz, Elisabet Capón-García, Marta Moreno-Benito, Antonio Espuña Camarasa, Luis Puigjaner:
Scheduling and control decision-making under an integrated information environment.
- Maren Urselmann, Sabine Barkmann, Guido Sand, Sebastian Engell:
Optimization-based design of reactive distillation columns using a memetic algorithm.
- Kris Villez, Babji Srinivasan, Raghunathan Rengaswamy, Shankar Narasimhan, Venkat Venkatasubramanian:
Kalman-based strategies for Fault Detection and Identification (FDI): Extensions and critical evaluation for a buffer tank system.
- G. Robertson, Ahmet Palazoglu, José A. Romagnoli:
A multi-level simulation approach for the crude oil loading/unloading scheduling problem.
- Noor Asma Fazli Abdul Samad, Ravendra Singh, Gürkan Sin, Krist V. Gernaey, Rafiqul Gani:
A generic multi-dimensional model-based system for batch cooling crystallization processes.
- A. M. Sahlodin, Benoît Chachuat:
Convex/concave relaxations of parametric ODEs using Taylor models.
- Songsong Liu, Flora Konstantopoulou, Petros Gikas, Lazaros G. Papageorgiou:
A mixed integer optimisation approach for integrated water resources management.
- Ruth Misener, Jeffrey P. Thompson, Christodoulos A. Floudas:
APOGEE: Global optimization of standard, generalized, and extended pooling problems via linear and logarithmic partitioning schemes.
- J. F. W. Adams, M. Fairweather, J. Yao:
Modelling and simulation of particle re-suspension in a turbulent square duct flow.
- Giulia Bozzano, Mario Dente:
Modelling the drop coalescence at the interface of two liquids.
- Francesco Coletti, Sandro Macchietto, Graham T. Polley:
Effects of fouling on performance of retrofitted heat exchanger networks: A thermo-hydraulic based analysis.
- Eugenio Bringas, Rosa Mediavilla, Ana María Urtiaga, Inmaculada Ortiz:
Development and validation of a dynamic model for regeneration of passivating baths using membrane contactors.
- S. Sommariva, R. Grana, T. Maffei, Sauro Pierucci, Eliseo Ranzi:
A kinetic approach to the mathematical model of fixed bed gasifiers.
- Stella Bezergianni, Konstantinos Kalogeras, Petros A. Pilavachi:
On maximizing biodiesel mixing ratio based on final product specifications.
- Petar Sabev Varbanov, Jirí Jaromír Klemes, Ferenc Friedler:
Cell-based dynamic heat exchanger models - Direct determination of the cell number and size.
- Korbinian Kraemer, Andreas Harwardt, Rob Bronneberg, Wolfgang Marquardt:
Separation of butanol from acetone-butanol-ethanol fermentation by a hybrid extraction-distillation process.
- V. Novák, Petr Kocí, Frantisek Stepánek, Milan Kubicek, Milos Marek:
Simulated preparation of supported porous catalyst and evaluation of its reaction-transport properties.
- R. S. Thakur, Nitin Kaistha, D. P. Rao:
Process intensification in duplex pressure swing adsorption.
Volume 35, Number 6, June 2011
- Jerzy Szczygiel:
Effect of the diffusion phenomena in the catalyst grain on the selectivity of a system of parallel-consecutive reactions involved in the process of n-heptane dehydrocyclization.
- Rajesh Kumar, Jitendra Kumar, Gerald Warnecke:
Numerical methods for solving two-dimensional aggregation population balance equations.
- José A. Delgado, María A. Uguina, José L. Sotelo, Vicente I. Águeda, Abel Sanz, Pilar Gómez:
Numerical analysis of CO2 concentration and recovery from flue gas by a novel vacuum swing adsorption cycle.
- Edward Baudrez, Geraldine J. Heynderickx, Guy B. Marin:
Accuracy and convergence rate of steady-state simulation of one-dimensional, reactive gas flow with molar expansion.
- Sylvain Mouret, Ignacio E. Grossmann, Pierre Pestiaux:
Time representations and mathematical models for process scheduling problems.
- H. Safikhani, A. Hajiloo, M. A. Ranjbar:
Modeling and multi-objective optimization of cyclone separators using CFD and genetic algorithms.
- N. Felbab, Diane Hildebrandt, David Glasser:
A new method of locating all pinch points in nonideal distillation systems, and its application to pinch point loci and distillation boundaries.
- Pimporn Lek-utaiwan, Bunyaphat Suphanit, Peter L. Douglas, Nakarin Mongkolsiri:
Design of extractive distillation for the separation of close-boiling mixtures: Solvent selection and column optimization.
- Hangzhou Wang, Zhihong Yuan, Bingzhen Chen, Xiaorong He, Jinsong Zhao, Tong Qiu:
Analysis of the stability and controllability of chemical processes.
- Sridhar Ungarala:
A direct sampling particle filter from approximate conditional density function supported on constrained state space.
- DuyQuang Nguyen, Miguel J. Bagajewicz:
Parallel computing approaches to sensor network design using the value paradigm.
- Hiromasa Kaneko, Masamoto Arakawa, Kimito Funatsu:
Novel soft sensor method for detecting completion of transition in industrial polymer processes.
- Sridhar Maddipati, Ravi Nandigam, Sangtae Kim, Venkat Venkatasubramanian:
Learning patterns in combinatorial protein libraries by Support Vector Machines.
- Kwang Seok Kim, Laurent Simon:
Modeling and design of transdermal drug delivery patches containing an external heating device.
- A. Ajbar:
On the improvement of performance of bioreactors through periodic forcing.
Volume 35, Number 7, July 2011
- Anthony G. Dixon, M. Ertan Taskin, Michiel Nijemeisland, E. Hugh Stitt:
Systematic mesh development for 3D CFD simulation of fixed beds: Single sphere study.
- João C. Santos, Yiyu Cheng, Madalena M. Dias, Alírio E. Rodrigues:
Surface B-splines fitting for speeding up the simulation of adsorption processes with IAS model.
- S. N. P. Vegendla, Geraldine J. Heynderickx, Guy B. Marin:
Comparison of Eulerian-Lagrangian and Eulerian-Eulerian method for dilute gas-solid flow with side inlet.
- Prashant, J. J. Derksen:
Direct simulations of spherical particle motion in Bingham liquids.
- Guido Buzzi Ferraris:
New trends in building numerical programs.
- C. C. R. S. Rossi, M. E. Berezuk, L. Cardozo-Filho, Reginaldo Guirardello:
Simultaneous calculation of chemical and phase equilibria using convexity analysis.
- Peter Bror Alfred Blomberg, Pertti Sakari Koukkari:
A systematic method to create reaction constraints for stoichiometric matrices.
- Jasper van Baten, Richard Szczepanski:
A thermodynamic equilibrium reactor model as a CAPE-OPEN unit operation.
- Lin Sun, Xionglin Luo:
Synthesis of multipass heat exchanger networks based on pinch technology.
- Léda Gerber, Martin Gassner, François Maréchal:
Systematic integration of LCA in process systems design: Application to combined fuel and electricity production from lignocellulosic biomass.
- S. Li, C. Cadet, P. X. Thivel, F. Delpech:
Towards the modelling and control of NOx emission in a fluidized bed sludge combustor.
- N. S. Jayakumar, A. Agrawal, M. A. Hashim, J. N. Sahu:
Experimental and theoretical investigation of parametric sensitivity and dynamics of a continuous stirred tank reactor for acid catalyzed hydrolysis of acetic anhydride.
- David A. Johnson, Justin R. Spaeth, William C. Rose, Ulhas P. Naik, Antony N. Beris:
An impedance model for blood flow in the human arterial system. Part I: Model development and MATLAB implementation.
- Ankan Kumar, Sandip Mazumder:
Adaptation and application of the In Situ Adaptive Tabulation (ISAT) procedure to reacting flow calculations with complex surface chemistry.
- James A. Kimber, Sergei G. Kazarian, Frantisek Stepánek:
Microstructure-based mathematical modelling and spectroscopic imaging of tablet dissolution.
Volume 35, Number 8, August 2011
- Ignacio E. Grossmann, Jeffrey J. Siirola:
- Iskandar Halim, Ana Carvalho, Rajagopalan Srinivasan, Henrique A. Matos, Rafiqul Gani:
A combined heuristic and indicator-based methodology for design of sustainable chemical process plants.
- Pei Liu, Alan Whitaker, Efstratios N. Pistikopoulos, Zheng Li:
A mixed-integer programming approach to strategic planning of chemical centres: A case study in the UK.
- Buping Bao, Denny Kok Sum Ng, Douglas H. S. Tay, Arturo Jiménez-Gutiérrez, Mahmoud M. El-Halwagi:
A shortcut method for the preliminary synthesis of process-technology pathways: An optimization approach and application for the conceptual design of integrated biorefineries.
- Gabriela Corsano, Aldo R. Vecchietti, Jorge M. Montagna:
Optimal design for sustainable bioethanol supply chain considering detailed plant performance model.
- Josephine A. Elia, Richard C. Baliban, Xin Xiao, Christodoulos A. Floudas:
Optimal energy supply network determination and life cycle analysis for hybrid coal, biomass, and natural gas to liquid (CBGTL) plants using carbon-based hydrogen production.
- Aviral Shukla, Joseph F. Pekny, Venkat Venkatasubramanian:
An optimization framework for cost effective design of refueling station infrastructure for alternative fuel vehicles.
- S. Ranjan, S. Balaji, Rocco A. Panella, B. Erik Ydstie:
Silicon solar cell production.
- Tânia Pinto-Varela, Ana Paula F. D. Barbosa-Póvoa, Augusto Q. Novais:
Bi-objective optimization approach to the design and planning of supply chains: Economic versus environmental performances.
- Gonzalo Guillén-Gosálbez:
A novel MILP-based objective reduction method for multi-objective optimization: Application to environmental problems.
- Pablo Martínez, Ana M. Eliceche:
Bi-objective minimization of environmental impact and cost in utility plants.
- John C. Eslick, David C. Miller:
A multi-objective analysis for the retrofit of a pulverized coal power plant with a CO2 capture and compression process.
- Mar Pérez-Fortes, Aarón David Bojarski, Luis Puigjaner:
Advanced simulation environment for clean power production in IGCC plants.
- Aroonsri Nuchitprasittichai, Selen Cremaschi:
Optimization of CO2 capture process with aqueous amines using response surface methodology.
- Jorge Francisco Mulia-Soto, Antonio Flores-Tlacuahuac:
Modeling, simulation and control of an internally heat integrated pressure-swing distillation process for bioethanol separation.
- Lidija Cucek, Mariano Martín, Ignacio E. Grossmann, Zdravko Kravanja:
Energy, water and process technologies integration for the simultaneous production of ethanol and food from the entire corn plant.
- Eusiel Rubio-Castro, José María Ponce-Ortega, Medardo Serna-González, Arturo Jiménez-Gutiérrez, Mahmoud M. El-Halwagi:
A global optimal formulation for the water integration in eco-industrial parks considering multiple pollutants.
- Iskandar Halim, Rajagopalan Srinivasan:
Sequential methodology for integrated optimization of energy and water use during batch process scheduling.
- Vanina Estrada, J. Di Maggio, M. Soledad Diaz:
Water sustainability: A systems engineering approach to restoration of eutrophic Lakes.
- Zhixia Zhong, Fengqi You:
Oil spill response planning with consideration of physicochemical evolution of the oil slick: A multiobjective optimization approach.
- Yan Zhang, Panagiotis D. Vouzis, Nikolaos V. Sahinidis:
GPU simulations for risk assessment in CO2 geologic sequestration.
Volume 35, Number 9, September 2011
- Efstratios N. Pistikopoulos, Michael C. Georgiadis:
- Richard C. Baliban, Josephine A. Elia, Christodoulos A. Floudas:
Optimization framework for the simultaneous process synthesis, heat and power integration of a thermochemical hybrid biomass, coal, and natural gas facility.
- Dimitrios Georgis, Sujit S. Jogwar, Ali S. Almansoori, Prodromos Daoutidis:
Design and control of energy integrated SOFC systems for in situ hydrogen production and power generation.
- Yidong Lang, Stephen E. Zitney, Lorenz T. Biegler:
Optimization of IGCC processes with reduced order CFD models.
- Jeonghwa Moon, Seon B. Kim, Andreas A. Linninger:
Integrated design and control under uncertainty: Embedded control optimization for plantwide processes.
- Bri-Mathias S. Hodge, Shisheng Huang, John D. Siirola, Joseph F. Pekny, Gintaras V. Reklaitis:
A multi-paradigm modeling framework for energy systems simulation and analysis.
- Jinkyung Kim, Matthew J. Realff, Jay H. Lee:
Optimal design and global sensitivity analysis of biomass supply chain networks for biofuels under uncertainty.
- Edwin Zondervan, Mehboob Nawaz, André B. de Haan, John M. Woodley, Rafiqul Gani:
Optimal design of a multi-product biorefinery system.
- P. Sharma, B. R. Sarker, Jose A. Romagnoli:
A decision support tool for strategic planning of sustainable biorefineries.
- Sara Giarola, Andrea Zamboni, Fabrizio Bezzo:
Spatially explicit multi-objective optimisation for design and planning of hybrid first and second generation biorefineries.
- Mariano Martín, Ignacio E. Grossmann:
Energy optimization of hydrogen production from lignocellulosic biomass.
- Eman A. Tora, Mahmoud M. El-Halwagi:
Integrated conceptual design of solar-assisted trigeneration systems.
- Petar Sabev Varbanov, Jirí Jaromír Klemes:
Integration and management of renewables into Total Sites with variable supply and demand.
- Rajab Khalilpour, I. A. Karimi:
Investment portfolios under uncertainty for utilizing natural gas resources.
- Taoufiq Gueddar, Vivek Dua:
Disaggregation-aggregation based model reduction for refinery-wide optimization.
- Zheng Li, Pei Liu, Fen He, Minghua Wang, Efstratios N. Pistikopoulos:
Simulation and exergoeconomic analysis of a dual-gas sourced polygeneration process with integrated methanol/DME/DMC catalytic synthesis.
- Juan M. Salazar, Urmila M. Diwekar, Stephen E. Zitney:
Rigorous-simulation pinch-technology refined approach for process synthesis of the water-gas shift reaction system in an IGCC process with carbon capture.
- Jingjie Xiao, Bri-Mathias S. Hodge, Joseph F. Pekny, Gintaras V. Reklaitis:
Operating reserve policies with high wind power penetration.
- Chrysovalantou Ziogou, Spyros Voutetakis, Simira Papadopoulou, Michael C. Georgiadis:
Modeling, simulation and experimental validation of a PEM fuel cell system.
- Jian Zhang, Qiang Xu:
Cascade refrigeration system synthesis based on exergy analysis.
- Margaritis Kostoglou, C. P. Lekkos, A. G. Konstandopoulos:
On mathematical modeling of solar hydrogen production in monolithic reactors.
- Eustathios S. Kikkinides:
Design and optimization of hydrogen storage units using advanced solid materials: General mathematical framework and recent developments.
- Ernesto Martínez-Rosas, Ruben Vasquez-Medrano, Antonio Flores-Tlacuahuac:
Modeling and simulation of lithium-ion batteries.
Volume 35, Number 10, October 2011
- Christophe Vandekerckhove, Benjamin Sonday, Alexei Makeev, Dirk Roose, Ioannis G. Kevrekidis:
A common approach to the computation of coarse-scale steady states and to consistent initialization on a slow manifold.
- M. Coroneo, G. Montante, A. Paglianti, F. Magelli:
CFD prediction of fluid flow and mixing in stirred tanks: Numerical issues about the RANS simulations.
- M. J. Baker, P. G. Young, G. R. Tabor:
Image based meshing of packed beds of cylinders at low aspect ratios using 3d MRI coupled with computational fluid dynamics.
- A. Vikhansky:
Numerical analysis of the global identifiability of reaction-diffusion systems.
- S. Khanam, B. Mohanty:
Development of a new model for multiple effect evaporator system.
- Kexin Wang, Zhijiang Shao, Lorenz T. Biegler, Yidong Lang, Jixin Qian:
Robust extensions for reduced-space barrier NLP algorithms.
- Li-Juan Li, Rui-Jie Zhou, Hong-Guang Dong, Ignacio E. Grossmann:
Separation network design with mass and energy separating agents.
- Xingxing Zhang, Kejin Huang, Haisheng Chen, Shaofeng Wang:
Comparing three configurations of the externally heat-integrated double distillation columns (EHIDDiCs).
- Worapon Kiatkittipong, Parinya Intaracharoen, Navadol Laosiripojana, Choowong Chaisuk, Piyasan Praserthdam, Suttichai Assabumrungrat:
Glycerol ethers synthesis from glycerol etherification with tert-butyl alcohol in reactive distillation.
- Jozsef Gáspár, Ana-Maria Cormos:
Dynamic modeling and validation of absorber and desorber columns for post-combustion CO2 capture.
- Tilman Barz, Stefan Kuntsche, Günter Wozny, Harvey Arellano-Garcia:
An efficient sparse approach to sensitivity generation for large-scale dynamic optimization.
- Nadja Hvala, Fernando Aller, Teodora Miteva, Dolores Kukanja:
Modelling, simulation and control of an industrial, semi-batch, emulsion-polymerization reactor.
- G. D. Molina, D. A. R. Zumoffen, M. S. Basualdo:
Plant-wide control strategy applied to the Tennessee Eastman process at two operating points.
- Florian Fabre, Gilles Hétreux, Jean-Marc Le Lann, Pascale Zaraté:
Dynamic hybrid simulation of batch processes driven by a scheduling module.
- Qingning Shen, Feng Chu, Haoxun Chen:
A Lagrangian relaxation approach for a multi-mode inventory routing problem with transshipment in crude oil transportation.
- John M. Wassick, Jeff Ferrio:
Extending the resource task network for industrial applications.
- Yu Miao, Hongye Su, Wei Wang, Jian Chu:
Simultaneous data reconciliation and joint bias and leak estimation based on support vector regression.
- H. Kruggel-Emden, Frantisek Stepánek, A. Munjiza:
Performance of integration schemes in discrete element simulations of particle systems involving consecutive contacts.
Volume 35, Number 11, November 2011
- G. C. Lopes, L. M. Rosa, M. Mori, J. R. Nunhez, W. P. Martignoni:
Three-dimensional modeling of fluid catalytic cracking industrial riser flow and reactions.
- Anthony Wachs:
Rising of 3D catalyst particles in a natural convection dominated flow by a parallel DNS method.
- Paulo L. C. Lage:
On the representation of QMOM as a weighted-residual method - The dual-quadrature method of generalized moments.
- Evren Bayraktar, Otto Mierka, F. Platte, Dmitri Kuzmin, Stefan Turek:
Numerical aspects and implementation of population balance equations coupled with turbulent fluid dynamics.
- G. Jasion, John Shrimpton, Matthew Danby, K. Takeda:
Performance of numerical integrators on tangential motion of DEM within implicit flow solvers.
- Ravi N. Methekar, Venkatasailanathan Ramadesigan, J. Carl Pirkle Jr., Venkat R. Subramanian:
A perturbation approach for consistent initialization of index-1 explicit differential-algebraic equations arising from battery model simulations.
- Vijay Gupta, Ignacio E. Grossmann:
Solution strategies for multistage stochastic programming with endogenous uncertainties.
- Martina Roso, Alessandra Lorenzetti, Stefano Besco, Manuel Monti, Guido Berti, Michele Modesti:
Application of empirical modelling in multi-layers membrane manufacturing.
- Stefan Kuntsche, Tilman Barz, R. Kraus, Harvey Arellano-Garcia, Günter Wozny:
MOSAIC a web-based modeling environment for code generation.
- Cristian R. Muzzio, Nicolás G. Dini:
Simulation of freezing step in vial lyophilization using finite element method.
- Marija B. Tasic, Vlada B. Veljkovic:
Simulation of fuel ethanol production from potato tubers.
- Shumaila Javeed, Shamsul Qamar, Andreas Seidel-Morgenstern, Gerald Warnecke:
Efficient and accurate numerical simulation of nonlinear chromatographic processes.
- Chunlei Ruan, Jie Ouyang, Shuaiqiang Liu, Lin Zhang:
Computer modeling of isothermal crystallization in short fiber reinforced composites.
- Stefania Tronci, Massimiliano Grosso, Roberto Baratti, Jose A. Romagnoli:
A stochastic approach for the prediction of PSD in crystallization processes: Analytical solution for the asymptotic behavior and parameter estimation.
- Pablo Marín, Salvador Ordóñez, Fernando V. Díez:
Rational design of heating elements using CFD: Application to a bench-scale adiabatic reactor.
- Jerzy Szczygiel:
Optimising the porous structure of heterogeneous reforming catalysts with a globular model of the grain.
- Hallas Pakravesh, Akbar Shojaei:
Optimization of industrial CSTR for vinyl acetate polymerization using novel shuffled frog leaping based hybrid algorithms and dynamic modeling.
- Sudhakar Jonnalagadda, Balaji Balagurunathan, Rajagopalan Srinivasan:
Graph theory augmented math programming approach to identify minimal reaction sets in metabolic networks.
- Giovanni Manenti:
A calculation procedure for a heat exchanger and bypass equipment.
- Timo Laukkanen, Carl-Johan Fogelholm:
A bilevel optimization method for simultaneous synthesis of medium-scale heat exchanger networks based on grouping of process streams.
- G. Modla:
Reactive pressure swing batch distillation by a new double column system.
- Chaowei Liu, Jie Fu, Qiang Xu:
Simultaneous mixed-integer dynamic optimization for environmentally benign electroplating.
- Hossein Khodadadi, Hooshang Jazayeri-Rad:
Applying a dual extended Kalman filter for the nonlinear state and parameter estimations of a continuous stirred tank reactor.
- T. Ginsberg, M. Modigell:
Dynamic modelling of a rotary kiln for calcination of titanium dioxide white pigment.
- Giuseppe Napoli, Maria Gabriella Xibilia:
Soft Sensor design for a Topping process in the case of small datasets.
- Nazatul Aini Abd Majid, Mark P. Taylor, John J. J. Chen, Brent R. Young:
Multivariate statistical monitoring of the aluminium smelting process.
- George Simion Ostace, Mircea Vasile Cristea, Paul Serban Agachi:
Cost reduction of the wastewater treatment plant operation by MPC based on modified ASM1 with two-step nitrification/denitrification model.
- Mohammad Al-haj Ali, Emad M. Ali:
Effect of monomer feed and production rate on the control of molecular weight distribution of polyethylene in gas phase reactors.
- Flavio Manenti:
Considerations on nonlinear model predictive control techniques.
- Aino Ropponen, Risto Ritala, Efstratios N. Pistikopoulos:
Optimization issues of the broke management system in papermaking.
- Thomas Tometzki, Sebastian Engell:
Risk conscious solution of planning problems under uncertainty by hybrid multi-objective evolutionary algorithms.
- Andrey M. Kostin, Gonzalo Guillén-Gosálbez, F. D. Mele, M. J. Bagajewicz, Laureano Jiménez:
A novel rolling horizon strategy for the strategic planning of supply chains. Application to the sugar cane industry of Argentina.
- Ian Tolle, Lealon L. Martin:
Quantifying polymer structural component evolution using X-ray scattering and mixed-integer network component analysis.
- Beverly V. Smith, Marianthi G. Ierapepritou:
Modeling and optimization of product design and portfolio management interface.
Volume 35, Number 12, December 2011
Last update Fri May 24 16:22:24 2013
CET by the DBLP Team — Data released under the ODC-BY 1.0 license — See also our legal information page
- Andreas Bode, Roman Kühner, Thomas Wisniewski:
Identification of economic potentials in production processes: An industrial case study.
- Michail Stamatakis, Dionisios G. Vlachos:
Equivalence of on-lattice stochastic chemical kinetics with the well-mixed chemical master equation in the limit of fast diffusion.
- Guanghao Hu, Zhizhong Mao, Dakuo He, Fei Yang:
Hybrid modeling for the prediction of leaching rate in leaching process based on negative correlation learning bagging ensemble algorithm.
- P. J. Edge, P. J. Heggs, M. Pourkashanian, A. Williams:
An integrated computational fluid dynamics-process model of natural circulation steam generation in a coal-fired power plant.
- N. Cheimarios, E. D. Koronaki, Andreas G. Boudouvis:
Enabling a commercial computational fluid dynamics code to perform certain nonlinear analysis tasks.
- R. J. Byron Smith, L. Muruganandam, S. Murthy Shekhar:
CFD analysis of low temperature water gas shift reactor.
- L. F. L. R. Silva, P. L. C. Lage:
Development and implementation of a polydispersed multiphase flow model in OpenFOAM.
- Karthik Subramanyan, Urmila M. Diwekar, Stephen E. Zitney:
Stochastic modeling and multi-objective optimization for the APECS system.
- William M. Barrett Jr., Jasper van Baten, Todd Martin:
Implementation of the waste reduction (WAR) algorithm utilizing flowsheet monitoring.
- Gonzalo A. Núñez, Claudio A. Gelmi, José M. del Valle:
Simulation of a supercritical carbon dioxide extraction plant with three extraction vessels.
- D. J. Widenski, Ali Abbas, Jose A. Romagnoli:
A model-based nucleation study of the combined effect of seed properties and cooling rate in cooling crystallization.
- Rodrigo J. G. Lopes, Rosa M. Quinta-Ferreira:
Numerical assessment of diffusion-convection-reaction model for the catalytic abatement of phenolic wastewaters in packed-bed reactors under trickling flow conditions.
- Satish R. Inamdar, I. A. Karimi, S. J. Parulekar, B. D. Kulkarni:
A sharp cut algorithm for optimization.
- Juan P. Ruiz, Ignacio E. Grossmann:
Using redundancy to strengthen the relaxation for the global optimization of MINLP problems.
- Adriano Pinto Mariano, Caliane Bastos Borba Costa, Eduardo Coselli Vasco de Toledo, Delba Nisi Cosme Melo, Rubens Maciel Filho:
Analysis of the particle swarm algorithm in the optimization of a three-phase slurry catalytic reactor.
- Sylvain Mouret, Ignacio E. Grossmann, Pierre Pestiaux:
A new Lagrangian decomposition approach applied to the integration of refinery planning and crude-oil scheduling.
- A. A. Bumann, S. Papadokonstantakis, Ulrich Fischer, Konrad Hungerbühler:
Investigating the use of path flow indicators as optimization drivers in batch process retrofitting.
- Abhishek Jayswal, Xiang Li, Anand Zanwar, Helen H. Lou, Yinlun Huang:
A sustainability root cause analysis methodology and its application.
- Emanuele Martelli, Edoardo Amaldi, Stefano Consonni:
Numerical optimization of heat recovery steam cycles: Mathematical model, two-stage algorithm and applications.
- Omobolanle Adekola, Thokozani Majozi:
Wastewater minimization in multipurpose batch plants with a regeneration unit: Multiple contaminants.
- Luis Fernando Lira-Barragán, José María Ponce-Ortega, Medardo Serna-González, Mahmoud M. El-Halwagi:
Synthesis of water networks considering the sustainability of the surrounding watershed.
- Raluca Tudor, Vasile Lavric:
Dual-objective optimization of integrated water/wastewater networks.
- Silvina I. Biagiola, José L. Figueroa:
Identification of uncertain MIMO Wiener and Hammerstein models.
- Mehdi Berreni, Meihong Wang:
Modelling and dynamic optimization of thermal cracking of propane for ethylene manufacturing.
- B. Benyahia, M. A. Latifi, Christian Fonteix, Fernand Pla:
Multicriteria dynamic optimization of an emulsion copolymerization reactor.
- Anton A. Kiss, Rohit R. Rewagad:
Energy efficient control of a BTX dividing-wall column.
- Guangdong Tian, Jiangwei Chu, Yumei Liu, Hua Ke, Xin Zhao, Guan Xu:
Expected energy analysis for industrial process planning problem with fuzzy time parameters.
- Sebastian Terrazas-Moreno, Philipp A. Trotter, Ignacio E. Grossmann:
Temporal and spatial Lagrangean decompositions in multi-site, multi-period production planning problems with sequence-dependent changeovers.
- Georgios M. Kopanos, Luis Puigjaner, Michael C. Georgiadis:
Resource-constrained production planning in semicontinuous food industries.
- Manojkumar Ramteke, Rajagopalan Srinivasan:
Novel genetic algorithm for short-term scheduling of sequence dependent changeovers in multiproduct polymer plants.
- Adrián M. Aguirre, Carlos A. Méndez, Pedro M. Castro:
A novel optimization method to automated wet-etch station scheduling in semiconductor manufacturing systems.
- Luis Zeballos, Juan M. Novas, Gabriela P. Henning:
A CP formulation for scheduling multiproduct multistage batch plants.
- Naresh Susarla, I. A. Karimi:
Integrated campaign planning and resource allocation in batch plants.
- Rodolfo Dondo, Carlos A. Méndez, Jaime Cerdá:
The multi-echelon vehicle routing problem with cross docking in supply chain management.
- Michael Binns, Constantinos Theodoropoulos:
An integrated knowledge-based approach for modelling biochemical reaction networks.
- Alain Haït, Christian Artigues:
On electrical load tracking scheduling for a steel plant.