Volume 62, Number 1, January 2011 Editorial
- Markus Günther, Christian Stummer, Lea M. Wakolbinger, Michael Wildpaner:
An agent-based simulation approach for the new product diffusion of a novel biomass fuel.
- C. Martin, M. Metcalfe:
Implementation processes: a Boolean analysis.
- K. Bijak:
Kalman filtering as a performance monitoring technique for a propensity scorecard.
- N. Anken, Jean Philippe Gagliardi, Jacques Renaud, Angel Ruiz:
Space allocation and aisle positioning for an industrial pick-to-belt system.
- A. Morton, D. Bird, A. Jones, M. White:
Decision conferencing for science prioritisation in the UK public sector: a dual case study.
- M. Kumral:
Incorporating geo-metallurgical information into mine production scheduling.
- J. Jackman, Z. Guerra de Castillo, S. Olafsson:
Stochastic flow shop scheduling model for the Panama Canal.
- M. Atwi, J. S. Chóliz:
A negotiated solution for the Jordan Basin.
- Z. P. Fan, Y. Chen, J. Ma, S. Zeng:
A hybrid genetic algorithmic approach to the maximally diverse grouping problem.
- Tammy Drezner, Zvi Drezner, Pawel Jan Kalczynski:
A cover-based competitive location model.
- W. Zahrouni, H. Kamoun:
Transforming part-sequencing problems in a robotic cell into a GTSP.
- W. Wang:
Maintenance models based on the np control charts with respect to the sampling interval.
- Rui Peng, Gregory Levitin, Min Xie, Szu Hui Ng:
Optimal defence of single object with imperfect false targets.
- Xugang Ye, Donniell E. Fishkind, Lowell Abrams, Carey E. Priebe:
Sensor information monotonicity in disambiguation protocols.
- Melih Özlen, Meral Azizoglu:
Rescheduling unrelated parallel machines with total flow time and total disruption cost criteria.
- Shih-Wei Lin, Zne-Jung Lee, Kuo-Ching Ying, Rong-Ho Lin:
Meta-heuristic algorithms for wafer sorting scheduling problems.
- Moussa Larbani, Belaïd Aouni:
A new approach for generating efficient solutions within the goal programming model.
- B. Yu, Z. Z. Yang, J.-X. Xie:
A parallel improved ant colony optimization for multi-depot vehicle routing problem.
- Francisco Ruiz, Jose M. Cabello, Luque Luque:
An application of reference point techniques to the calculation of synthetic sustainability indicators.
- A. K. Miranda, E. Del Castillo:
Robust parameter design optimization of simulation experiments using stochastic perturbation methods.
- Richard J. Ormerod:
The relationship between operational research and systems thinking.
Volume 62, Number 2, February 2011 Special Issue:
- Uwe Aickelin, Alistair Clark:
- William O. Wilson, Phil Birkin, Uwe Aickelin:
Motif detection inspired by immune memory.
- Roberto Aringhieri, Roberto Cordone:
Comparing local search metaheuristics for the maximum diversity problem.
- Tony Wauters, Katja Verbeeck, Greet Vanden Berghe, Patrick De Causmaecker:
Learning agents for the multi-mode project scheduling problem.
- Stephen F. Roehrig, Rema Padman, Ramayya Krishnan, George T. Duncan:
Exact and heuristic methods for cell suppression in multi-dimensional linked tables.
- Doug Hains, L. Darrell Whitley, Adele E. Howe:
Revisiting the big valley search space structure in the TSP.
- Ying Xu, Rong Qu:
Solving multi-objective multicast routing problems by evolutionary multi-objective simulated annealing algorithms with variable neighbourhoods.
- Jean-Yves Potvin, Marc-André Naud:
Tabu search with ejection chains for the vehicle routing problem with private fleet and common carrier.
- R. L. Nance, A. G. Roesener, J. T. Moore:
An advanced tabu search for solving the mixed payload airlift loading problem.
- Haluk Yapicioglu, H. Liu, Alice E. Smith, Gerry V. Dozier:
Hybrid approach for Pareto front expansion in heuristics.
- Edmund K. Burke, Timothy Curtois, L. F. van Draat, J.-K. van Ommeren, Gerhard F. Post:
Progress control in iterated local search for nurse rostering.
- Farah Zeghal Zeghal, Mohamed Haouari, Hanif D. Sherali, Najla Aissaoui:
Flexible aircraft fleeting and routing at TunisAir.
- José Antonio Vázquez Rodríguez, Gabriela Ochoa:
On the automatic discovery of variants of the NEH procedure for flow shop scheduling using genetic programming.
- Jairo Rafael Montoya-Torres, A. Aponte, P. Rosas:
Applying GRASP to solve the multi-item three-echelon uncapacitated facility location problem.
Volume 62, Number 3, March 2011 Special Issue:
Supply Chain Forecasting and Planning
Theoretical Papers<br/>Supply Chain Planning
Sales and Operations Planning
- F. Caniato, Matteo Kalchschmidt, Stefano Ronchi:
Integrating quantitative and qualitative forecasting approaches: organizational learning in an action research case.
- Berrin Aytac, S. David Wu:
Modelling high-tech product life cycles with short-term demand information: a case study.
- F. R. Johnston, Estelle A. Shale, S. Kapoor, R. True, A. Sheth:
Breadth of range and depth of stock: forecasting and inventory management at Euro Car Parts Ltd.
- Muhammad Naiman Jalil, Rob A. Zuidwijk, Moritz Fleischmann, Jo van Nunen:
Spare parts logistics and installed base information.
Supply Chain Forecasting
- Gerd J. Hahn, Heinrich Kuhn:
Optimising a value-based performance indicator in mid-term sales and operations planning.
- ManMohan S. Sodhi, Christopher S. Tang:
Determining supply requirement in the sales-and-operations-planning (S&OP) process under demand uncertainty: a stochastic programming formulation and a spreadsheet implementation.
Volume 62, Number 4, April 2011 General Paper
- Nadia Lehoux, Sophie D'Amours, Yannick Frein, André Langevin, Bernard Penz:
Collaboration for a two-echelon supply chain in the pulp and paper industry: the use of incentives to increase profit.
- Suat Bog, Ashish K. Nemani, Ravindra K. Ahuja:
Iterative algorithms for the curfew planning problem.
- Tae Hee Moon, Yoonseong Kim, So Young Sohn:
Technology credit rating system for funding SMEs.
- Goutam Dutta, Narain Gupta, Robert Fourer:
An optimization-based decision support system for strategic planning in a process industry: the case of aluminium company in India.
- Ayfer Basar, Bülent Çatay, Tonguç Ünlüyurt:
A multi-period double coverage approach for locating the emergency medical service stations in Istanbul.
- Ahmed Ghanmi:
Canadian forces global reach support hubs: facility location and aircraft routing models.
- J. A. Eady, M. G. Nicholls:
Reducing workforce turnover in Asian factories using a mixed-mode modelling approach.
- B. D. Williams, Matthew A. Waller:
Estimating a retailer's base stock level: an optimal distribution center order forecast policy.
- John J. Glen:
Mean-variance portfolio rebalancing with transaction costs and funding changes.
- Souhail Dhouib, Aïda Kharrat, Habib Chabchoub:
Goal programming using multiple objective hybrid metaheuristic algorithm.
- Boris Goldengorin, John A. Keane, Viktor Kuzmenko, Michael Tso:
Optimal supplier choice with discounting.
- Alessio Ishizaka, Dieter Balkenborg, Todd Kaplan:
Influence of aggregation and measurement scale on ranking a compromise alternative in AHP.
- Matthias Kannegiesser, Hans Otto Günther:
An integrated optimization model for managing the global value chain of a chemical commodities manufacturer.
- P. N. Ram Kumar, T. T. Narendran:
On the usage of Lagrangean Relaxation for the convoy movement problem.
- Blas Pelegrín, Pablo Dorta-González, Pascual Fernández-Hernández:
Finding location equilibria for competing firms under delivered pricing.
- Qianxin Mu, Zhuo Fu, Jens Lysgaard, Richard W. Eglese:
Disruption management of the vehicle routing problem with vehicle breakdown.
- Fei-Long Chen, Cho-Hua Yeh:
Economic statistical design for x-bar control charts under non-normal distributed data with Weibull in-control time.
- Lanting Lu, Christine S. M. Currie, Russell C. H. Cheng, John Ladbrook:
Classification analysis for simulation of the duration of machine breakdowns.
- Linhui Sun, Linyan Sun, Ji-Bo Wang:
Single-machine scheduling to minimize total absolute differences in waiting times with deteriorating jobs.
- Chien-Ta Bruce Ho:
Measuring dot com efficiency using a combined DEA and GRA approach.
- Zhichang Zhu:
After paradim: why mixing-methodology theorising fails and how to make it work again.
- Stephen A. Harwood:
Mixing methodologies and paradigmatic commensurability.
- John Mingers:
Clarification or confusion: response to Harwood.
- Mike C. Jackson:
The multi-methodology debate: a response to Harwood.
Volume 62, Number 5, May 2011 Special Issue:
OR's Contribution to Supporting Strategy
Special Issue Viewpoints
- L. Alberto Franco, F. O'Brien, P. Bell:
Supporting strategy: Contributions from OR.
- C. Ram, Gilberto Montibeller, A. Morton:
Extending the use of scenario planning and MCDA for the evaluation of strategic options.
- G. Burt:
Towards the integration of system modelling with scenario planning to support strategy: the case of the UK energy industry.
- J. Bryant, J. Darwin, C. Booth:
Strategy making with the whole organisation: OR and the art of the possible.
- Gilberto Montibeller, L. Alberto Franco:
Raising the bar: strategic multi-criteria decision analysis.
- Susan Howick, Colin Eden:
Supporting strategic conversations: the significance of a quantitative model building process.
- Etiënne A. J. A. Rouwette:
Facilitated modelling in strategy development: measuring the impact on communication, consensus and commitment.
- E. Tapinos, R. G. Dyson, M. Meadows:
Does the Balanced Scorecard make a difference to the strategy development process?
- F. O'Brien:
Supporting the strategy process: a survey of UK OR/MS practitioners.
Special Issue Book Selection
- F. Ackermann:
How OR can contribute to strategy making.
- J. Hough:
Supporting strategy from the inside.
- L. D. Phillips:
What is strategy?
- P. R. Syms:
Does OR have a role in global population growth strategy?
- Special Issue Book Selection.
Volume 62, Number 6, June 2011 Case-oriented Papers
- G. Mitchell, J. E. Beasley:
Optimisation of sludge treatment and transport.
- H.-Y. Lin, C.-J. Liao, C.-T. Tseng:
An application of variable neighbourhood search to hospital call scheduling of infant formula promotion.
- Jean-François Audy, Sophie D'Amours, L.-M. Rousseau:
Cost allocation in the establishment of a collaborative transportation agreement - an application in the furniture industry.
- T.-S. Chang, Y.-F. Liao:
Routing strategies for integrating forward distribution and reverse collection.
- Karen J. Cairns, Adele H. Marshall, Frank Kee:
Using simulation to assess cardiac first-responder schemes exhibiting stochastic and spatial complexities.
- Darko M. Louit, Rodrigo Pascual, Dragan Banjevic, Andrew K. S. Jardine:
Optimization models for critical spare parts inventories - a reliability approach.
- Nima Safaei, Dragan Banjevic, Andrew K. S. Jardine:
Bi-objective workforce-constrained maintenance scheduling: a case study.
- M. A. Rahman, B. R. Sarker, L. A. Escobar:
Peak demand forecasting for a seasonal product using Bayesian approach.
- Armando Zeferino Milioni, José Virgílio Guedes de Avellar, T. N. Rabello, G. M. de Freitas:
Hyperbolic frontier model: a parametric DEA approach for the distribution of a total fixed output.
- G. M. Campbell:
A two-stage stochastic program for scheduling and allocating cross-trained workers.
- Alan Jessop:
Using imprecise estimates for weights.
- Natividad Blasco, Pilar Corredor, S. Ferreruela:
Detecting intentional herding: what lies beneath intraday data in the Spanish stock market.
- Silvia Figini, Paolo Giudici:
Statistical merging of rating models.
- M.-C. Wu, L.-C. Huang, H.-M. Hsu, T.-S. Su:
Multiple lot-sizing decisions in a two-stage production with an interrupted geometric yield and non-rigid demand.
- Angel A. Juan, Javier Faulin, Josep Jorba, Daniel Riera, David Masip, Barry Barrios:
On the use of Monte Carlo simulation, cache and splitting techniques to improve the Clarke and Wright savings heuristics.
- Selda Taskin, Emmett J. Lodree Jr.:
A Bayesian decision model with hurricane forecast updates for emergency supplies inventory management.
- Q. L. Wei, T.-S. Chang:
Optimal system design series-network DEA models.
- M. Visentin, M. Colucci, G. Marzocchi:
Genuine representation of brands: a new method of representing unbiased brand-by-attribute perceptions.
- M. M. Lotfi, M. Rabbani, S. F. Ghaderi:
A weighted goal programming approach for replenishment planning and space allocation in a supermarket.
- Aris A. Syntetos, Nicholas C. Georgantzas, John E. Boylan, B. C. Dangerfield:
Judgement and supply chain dynamics.
- T. H. Moon, S. Y. Sohn:
Survival analysis for technology credit scoring adjusting total perception.
- Francis J. Vasko, J. D. Bobeck, M. A. Governale, D. J. Rieksts, J. D. Keffer:
A statistical analysis of parameter values for the rank-based ant colony optimization algorithm for the traveling salesperson problem.
Volume 62, Number 7, July 2011 Case-oriented Papers
- G. A. Hindle, T. Hindle:
Safety cameras and road accidents: effectiveness in local authority areas in England.
- Jacek Blazewicz, T. C. Edwin Cheng, Maciej Machowiak, Ceyda Oguz:
Berth and quay crane allocation: a moldable task scheduling model.
- T. R. P. Ramos, R. C. Oliveira:
Delimitation of service areas in reverse logistics networks with multiple depots.
- Y. Wu:
Modelling of containerized air cargo forwarding problems under uncertainty.
- S. Vlah, Z. Lukac, J. Pacheco:
Use of VNS heuristics for scheduling of patients in hospital.
- N. Görmez, M. Köksalan, F. S. Salman:
Locating disaster response facilities in Istanbul.
- Stelios Tsafarakis, Evangelos Grigoroudis, Nikolaos F. Matsatsinis:
Consumer choice behaviour and new product development: an integrated market simulation approach.
- H.-T. Lin:
Efficiency analysis of chain stores: a case study.
- Emmanuel Thanassoulis, Mika Kortelainen, G. Johnes, J. Johnes:
Costs and efficiency of higher education institutions in England: a DEA analysis.
- Sérgio P. Santos, Carla A. F. Amado, J. R. Rosado:
Formative evaluation of electricity distribution utilities using data envelopment analysis.
- F. A. F. Ferreira, S. P. Santos, P. M. M. Rodrigues:
Adding value to bank branch performance evaluation using cognitive maps and MCDA: a case study.
- Masoumeh Kazemi Zanjani, Mustapha Nourelfath, Daoud Ait-Kadi:
Production planning with uncertainty in the quality of raw materials: a case in sawmills.
- Ricardo Chalmeta, Sergio Palomero:
Methodological proposal for business sustainability management by means of the Balanced Scorecard.
- M. J. Brusco, T. R. Johns:
An integrated approach to shift-starting time selection and tour-schedule construction.
- Lupércio F. Bessegato, Roberto da Costa Quinino, Linda Lee Ho, Luiz Duczmal:
Variable interval sampling in economical designs for online process control of attributes with misclassification errors.
- M. I. Reis dos Santos, P. M. Reis dos Santos:
Construction and validation of distribution-based regression simulation metamodels.
- S. R. Clarke:
Rating non-elite tennis players using team doubles competition results.
- T. E. van der Lei, B. Enserink, Wil A. H. Thissen, Geertje Bekebrede:
How to use a systems diagram to analyse and structure complex problems for policy issue papers.
- N. Nekoiemehr, G. Moslehi:
Minimizing the sum of maximum earliness and maximum tardiness in the single-machine scheduling problem with sequence-dependent setup time.
- Kristiaan Kerstens, Ignace Van de Woestyne:
Negative data in DEA: a simple proportional distance function approach.
Volume 62, Number 8, August 2011 General Papers
- Julio Mar-Ortiz, Belarmino Adenso-Díaz, José Luis González Velarde:
Design of a recovery network for WEEE collection: the case of Galicia, Spain.
- A. Filinkov, M. Richmond, R. Nicholson, M. Alshansky, J. Stewien:
Modelling personnel sustainability: a tool for military force structure analysis.
- C. Burt, L. Caccetta, P. Welgama, L. Fouché:
Equipment selection with heterogeneous fleets for multiple-period schedules.
- C. E. Cortés, M. Gendreau, D. Leng, A. Weintraub:
A simulation-based approach for fleet design in a technician dispatch problem with stochastic demand.
- V. M. Miori:
A multiple objective goal programming approach to the truckload routing problem.
- Mercedes Esteban-Bravo, Nora Lado:
Brand value in horizontal alliances: the case of twin-cars.
Volume 62, Number 9, September 2011 General Paper
- A. Paucar-Caceres, A. Espinosa:
Management science methodologies in environmental management and sustainability: discourses and applications.
- S. Bandyopadhyay:
In search of contextual variables in a stochastic DEA framework: effect of regulation on efficiency of Indian cement industry.
- J.-B. Yang, D.-L. Xu, X. Xie, A. K. Maddulapalli:
Multicriteria evidential reasoning decision modelling and analysis - prioritizing voices of customer.
- H. Xiong, J. Xie, X. Deng:
Risk-averse decision making in overbooking problem.
- Sharareh Taghipour, Dragan Banjevic, Andrew K. S. Jardine:
Prioritization of medical equipment for maintenance decisions.
- G. D. Sharp, W. J. Brettenny, J. W. Gonsalves, M. Lourens, R. A. Stretch:
Integer optimisation for the selection of a Twenty20 cricket team.
- R. Farzipoor Saen:
Media selection in the presence of flexible factors and imprecise data.
- Albert Corominas, Rafael Pastor:
Designing greedy algorithms for the flow-shop problem by means of Empirically Adjusted Greedy Heuristics (EAGH).
- A. Bottle, P. Aylin:
Predicting the false alarm rate in multi-institution mortality monitoring.
- R. T. Stewart:
A profit-based scoring system in consumer credit: making acquisition decisions for credit cards.
- Hande Küçükaydin, Necati Aras, I. Kuban Altinel:
A discrete competitive facility location model with variable attractiveness.
- Y. Xing, B. C. Dangerfield:
Modelling the sustainability of mass tourism in island tourist economies.
- W. Hobbs, N. J. Curtis:
Theory and application of perceptual positions to data collection and analysis in military environments.
Volume 62, Number 10, October 2011 General Papers
- Kyung Sam Park, I. Jeong:
How to treat strict preference information in multicriteria decision analysis.
- Shabnam Rezapour, Reza Zanjirani Farahani, Tammy Drezner:
Strategic design of competing supply chain networks for inelastic demand.
- Gholam Reza Jahanshahloo, Majid Zohrehbandian, Alireza Alinezhad, S. Abbasian Naghneh, H. Abbasian, R. Kiani Mavi:
Finding common weights based on the DM's preference information.
- Alessio Ishizaka, Dieter Balkenborg, Todd Kaplan:
Does AHP help us make a choice? An experimental evaluation.
- I. Kuban Altinel, Necati Aras, Kerem Can Özkisacik:
Variable neighbourhood search heuristics for the probabilistic multi-source Weber problem.
- Book Selection.
Volume 62, Number 11, November 2011 General Papers
- José L. Ruiz, Inmaculada Sirvent:
A DEA approach to derive individual lower and upper bounds for the technical and allocative components of the overall profit efficiency.
- I. Al-Mudahka, Mhand Hifi, Rym M'Hallah:
Packing circles in the smallest circle: an adaptive hybrid algorithm.
- P. Scarf, S. Akhtar:
An analysis of strategy in the first three innings in test cricket: declaration and the follow-on.
- R. Cervelló, Fernando García, Francisco Guijarro:
Ranking residential properties by a multicriteria single price model.
- R. Bhattacharya, Paramjit S. Gill, Tim B. Swartz:
Duckworth-Lewis and Twenty20 cricket.
- Yuan Shi, Feng Wu, Lap Keung Chu, Domenic Sculli, Y. H. Xu:
A portfolio approach to managing procurement risk using multi-stage stochastic programming.
- Sharif H. Melouk, Burcu B. Keskin, C. Armbrester, M. Anderson:
A simulation optimization-based decision support tool for mitigating traffic congestion.
- Stanislaw Gawiejnowicz, W.-C. Lee, C.-L. Lin, C.-C. Wu:
Single-machine scheduling of proportionally deteriorating jobs by two agents.
- J.-M. Chen, H.-L. Cheng, I.-C. Lin:
On channel coordination under price-dependent revenue-sharing: can eBay's fee structure coordinate the channel?
- Oded Berman, Zvi Drezner, Dmitry Krass:
Discrete cooperative covering problems.
- Jalel Euchi, Habib Chabchoub:
Hybrid metaheuristics for the profitable arc tour problem.
- Ahmed Ghoniem, Hanif D. Sherali:
Set partitioning and packing versus assignment formulations for subassembly matching problems.
- Rafael Caballero, Manuel Laguna, Rafael Martí, Julián Molina:
Scatter tabu search for multiobjective clustering problems.
- Book Selection.
Volume 62, Number 12, December 2011 General Papers
Last update Wed May 22 18:00:39 2013
CET by the DBLP Team — Data released under the ODC-BY 1.0 license — See also our legal information page
- Rodrigo Pascual, Darko M. Louit, Andrew K. S. Jardine:
Optimal inspection intervals for safety systems with partial inspections.
- Zhihong Shen, Maged M. Dessouky, Fernando Ordóñez:
Perishable inventory management system with a minimum volume constraint.
- Christian Almeder, Lars Mönch:
Metaheuristics for scheduling jobs with incompatible families on parallel batching machines.
- C.-T. Ho, C.-K. Liao, H.-T. Kim:
Valuing Internet companies: a DEA-based Multiple Valuation Approach.
- Guglielmo Lulli, Ugo Pietropaoli, Nicoletta Ricciardi:
Service network design for freight railway transportation: the Italian case.
- Stefan Lessmann, M.-C. Sung, Johnnie E. V. Johnson:
Towards a methodology for measuring the true degree of efficiency in a speculative market.
- Dirk Briskorn:
A branching scheme for minimum cost tournaments with regard to real-world constraints.
- S. You, H. Yan:
A new approach in modelling undesirable output in DEA model.
- Öncü Hazir, A. Shtub:
Effects of the information presentation format on project control.
- L.-J. Kao, C.-C. Lu, C.-C. Chiu:
The training institution efficiency of the semiconductor institute programme in Taiwan - application of spatiotemporal ICA with DEA approach.
- Maria Conceição A. Silva Portela, Emmanuel Thanassoulis, A. Horncastle, T. Maugg:
Productivity change in the water industry in England and Wales: application of the meta-Malmquist index.