Volume 12, Number 1, January 1999
- Daniel Bullock, Raoul M. Bongers, Marnix Lankhorst, Peter J. Beek:
A vector-integration-to-endpoint model for performance of viapoint movements.
- Michele Rucci, Jonathan Wray:
Binaural cross-correlation and auditory localization in the barn owl: a theoretical study.
- Nikolaos Ampazis, Stavros J. Perantonis, John G. Taylor:
Dynamics of multilayer networks in the vicinity of temporary minima.
- Pierre Chauvet, Gilbert A. Chauvet:
Purkinje local circuits with delays: mathematical conditions of stability for learning and retrieval.
- Guian Zhou, Jennie Si:
Subset-based training and pruning of sigmoid neural networks.
- Salvatore Cavalieri, Orazio Mirabella:
A novel learning algorithm which improves the partial fault tolerance of multilayer neural networks.
- Aleksander Kolcz, Nigel M. Allinson:
Basis function models of the CMAC network.
- Rolf P. Würtz, Wolfgang Konen, Kay-Ole Behrmann:
On the performance of neuronal matching algorithms.
- Youry R. Romanovsky, Egor D. Brovko:
Neural network models in a set selection problem.
- Ning Qian:
On the momentum term in gradient descent learning algorithms.
- Kazutaka Someya, Hidekazu Shinozaki, Yoshifumi Sekine:
Pulse-type hardware chaotic neuron model and its bifurcation phenomena.
- Zsolt Kalmár, Zsolt Marczell, Csaba Szepesvári, András Lörincz:
Parallel and robust skeletonization built on self-organizing elements.
- Gregor P. J. Schmitz, Chris Aldrich:
Combinatorial evolution of regression nodes in feedforward neural networks.
- Wee Kheng Leow, Rudy Setiono:
Explanation of the "virtual input" phenomenon.
- Stephen L. Thaler:
No mystery intended.
Volume 12, Number 2, March 1999
- Richard J. Wood, Eric L. Schwartz:
Topographic shear and the relation of ocular dominance columns to orientation columns in primate and cat visual cortex.
- Tetsuya Asai, Tomoki Fukai, Shigeru Tanaka:
A subthreshold MOS circuit for the Lotka-Volterra neural network producing the winners-share-all solution.
- Robert F. Hadley, Vlad C. Cardei:
Language acquisition from sparse input without error feedback.
- Yves Moreau, Stéphane Louiès, Joos Vandewalle, Léon Brenig:
Embedding recurrent neural networks into predator-prey models.
- Hideyuki Koyama, Norio Fujie, Hiroyuki Seyama:
Results from the Gardner-Derrida-Mottishaw theory of associative memory.
- Zhenjiang Miao, Baozong Yuan:
Analysis and optimal design of continuous neural networks with applications to associative memory.
- Zhi-Hong Guan, Guanrong Chen:
On delayed impulsive Hopfield neural networks.
- Friedrich T. Sommer, Günther Palm:
Improved bidirectional retrieval of sparse patterns stored by Hebbian learning.
- Peter M. Williams:
Matrix logarithm parametrizations for neural network covariance models.
- Ulrich Anders, Olaf Korn:
Model selection in neural networks.
- Ismet Bayraktaroglu, Arif Selçuk Ögrenci, Günhan Dündar, Sina Balkir, Ethem Alpaydin:
ANNSyS: an Analog Neural Network Synthesis System.
- Andrew R. Webb:
A loss function approach to model selection in nonlinear principal components.
- Masahide Nomura:
A comfortable brain-interface to video displays.
- R. J. Kuo, P. H. Cohen:
Multi-sensor integration for on-line tool wear estimation through radial basis function networks and fuzzy neural network.
- Stephane Pernot, Claude-Henri Lamarque:
Application of neural networks to the modelling of some constitutive laws.
- Fa-Long Luo, Rolf Unbehauen:
Comments on: A unified algorithm for principal and minor components extraction.
- Tianping Chen, Shun-ichi Amari:
Volume 12, Number 3, April 1999
- Martha A. Carter, Mark E. Oxley:
Evaluating the Vapnik-Chervonenkis dimension of artificial neural networks using the Poincaré polynomial.
- Odelia Schwartz, John G. Harris, José Carlos Príncipe:
Modeling the precedence effect for speech using the gamma filter.
- Don J. Torrieri:
The eigenspace separation transform for neural-network classifiers.
- Aapo Hyvärinen, Petteri Pajunen:
Nonlinear independent component analysis: Existence and uniqueness results.
- Yakov B. Kazanovich, Roman Borisyuk:
Dynamics of neural networks with a central element.
- V. Sree Hari Rao, Bh. R. M. Phaneendra:
Global dynamics of bidirectional associative memory neural networks involving transmission delays and dead zones.
- Maxwell B. Stinchcombe:
Neural network approximation of continuous functionals and continuous functions on compactifications.
- Jay A. Alexander, Michael Mozer:
Template-based procedures for neural network interpretation.
- Ennio Mingolla, William D. Ross, Stephen Grossberg:
A neural network for enhancing boundaries and surfaces in synthetic aperture radar images.
- Elder Moreira Hemerly, Cairo L. Nascimento Jr.:
An NN-based approach for tuning servocontrollers.
- Frank T. Allen, Jason M. Kinser, H. John Caulfield:
A neural bridge from syntactic to statistical pattern recognition.
- Qiuming Zhu, Yao Cai, Luzheng Liu:
A global learning algorithm for a RBF network.
- Rod Adams, Kate Butchart, Neil Davey:
Hierarchical classification with a competitive evolutionary neural tree.
- D. Dollfus, L. Beaufort:
Fat neural network for recognition of position-normalised objects.
Volume 12, Number 4-5, June 1999
- Osamu Watanabe, Kunihiko Fukushima:
Stereo algorithm that extracts a depth cue from interocularly unpaired points.
- DeLiang Wang:
Object selection based on oscillatory correlation.
- Hava T. Siegelmann, Maurice Margenstern:
Nine switch-affine neurons suffice for Turing universality.
- Arndt Klotz, Kurt Bräuer:
A small-size neural network for computing with strange attractors.
- Fernanda Botelho:
Dynamical features simulated by recurrent neural networks.
- Tomás Gedeon:
Additive neural networks and periodic patterns.
- Thomas Elsken:
Smaller nets may perform better: special transfer functions.
- M. R. Belli, Massimo Conti, Paolo Crippa, Claudio Turchetti:
Artificial neural networks as approximators of stochastic processes.
- Hans-Ulrich Bauer, J. Michael Herrmann, Thomas Villmann:
Neural maps and topographic vector quantization.
- Dirk Husmeier, William D. Penny, Stephen J. Roberts:
An empirical evaluation of Bayesian sampling with hybrid Monte Carlo for training neural network classifiers.
- Mikko Lehtokangas:
Modelling with constructive backpropagation.
- Frédéric Maire:
Rule-extraction by backpropagation of polyhedra.
- Ron Sun, Todd Peterson:
Multi-agent reinforcement learning: weighting and partitioning.
- Philip M. Long, Apostol Natsev, Jeffrey Scott Vitter:
Text compression via alphabet re-representation.
- George-Peter K. Economou, Dimitris K. Lymberopoulos, Kostas V. Spiropoulos, P. D. Goumas:
A new perspective in learning pattern generation for teaching neural networks.
Volume 12, Number 6, July 1999
- Shun-ichi Amari, Si Wu:
Improving support vector machine classifiers by modifying kernel functions.
- Kunihiko Fukushima:
Self-organization of shift-invariant receptive fields.
- Marc M. Van Hulle:
Faithful representations with topographic maps.
- Chun-ying Ho, Hiroaki Kurokawa:
A learning algorithm for oscillatory cellular neural networks.
- Michael Georgiopoulos, Issam Dagher, Gregory L. Heileman, George Bebis:
Properties of learning of a Fuzzy ART Variant.
- Gerhard X. Ritter, Juan Luis Díaz-de-León S., Peter Sussner:
Morphological bidirectional associative memories.
- Amos J. Storkey, Romain Valabrègue:
The basins of attraction of a new Hopfield learning rule.
- William D. Penny, Stephen J. Roberts:
Bayesian neural networks for classification: how useful is the evidence framework?
- Cheng-Yuan Liou, Wen-Pin Tai:
Conformal self-organization for continuity on a feature map.
- Andrew Chi-Sing Leung, Lai-Wan Chan:
Design of trellis coded vector quantizers using Kohonen maps.
- Dasaratha V. Sridhar, Eric B. Bartlett, Richard C. Seagrave:
An information theoretic approach for combining neural network process models.
- J. Zhang:
Inferential estimation of polymer quality using bootstrap aggregated neural networks.
Volume 12, Number 7-8, October 1999
- John G. Taylor:
Towards the networks of the brain: from brain imaging to consciousness.
- Kenji Doya:
What are the computations of the cerebellum, the basal ganglia and the cerebral cortex?
- Tomoki Fukai:
Sequence generation in arbitrary temporal patterns from theta-nested gamma oscillations: a model of the basal ganglia-thalamo-cortical loops.
- Edgar Körner, Marc-Oliver Gewaltig, Ursula Körner, Andreas Richter, Tobias Rodemann:
A model of computation in neocortical architecture.
- Shoji Tanaka:
Architecture and dynamics of the primate prefrontal cortical circuit for spatial working memory.
- Shimon Ullman, Sergei Soloviev:
Computation of pattern invariance in brain-like structures.
- Hiroshi Ando, Satoshi Suzuki, Toshifumi Fujita:
Unsupervised visual learning of three-dimensional objects using a modular network architecture.
- Matthew N. Dailey, Garrison W. Cottrell:
Organization of face and object recognition in modular neural network models.
- K. Tsutsumi:
On redundancy in neural architecture: dynamics of a simple module-based neural network and initial-state independence.
- Thomas Bergener, Carsten Bruckhoff, Percy Dahm, Herbert Janßen, Frank Joublin, Rainer Menzner, Axel Steinhage, Werner von Seelen:
Complex behavior by means of dynamical systems for an anthropomorphic robot.
- Horst-Michael Gross, Andrea Heinze, Torsten Seiler, Volker Stephan:
Generative character of perception: a neural architecture for sensorimotor anticipation.
- Jun Tani, Stefano Nolfi:
Learning to perceive the world as articulated: an approach for hierarchical learning in sensory-motor systems.
- Kazuyuki Samejima, Takashi Omori:
Adaptive internal state space construction method for reinforcement learning of a real-world agent.
- Takashi Omori, Akiko Mochizuki, Kentaro Mizutani, M. Nishizaki:
Emergence of symbolic behavior from brain like memory with dynamic attention.
- Pietro G. Morasso, L. Baratto, Roberto Capra, Gino Spada:
Internal models in the control of posture.
- Yutaka Sakai, Shintaro Funahashi, Shigeru Shinomoto:
Temporally correlated inputs to leaky integrate-and-fire models can reproduce spiking statistics of cortical neurons.
- Anthony Robins, Simon McCallum:
The consolidation of learning during sleep: comparing the pseudorehearsal and unlearning accounts.
Volume 12, Number 9, November 1999
- Jinwen Ma:
The asymptotic memory capacity of the generalized Hopfield network.
- Arnaud Tonnelier, S. Meignen, Holger Bosch, Jacques Demongeot:
Synchronization and desynchronization of neural oscillators.
- Ke Chen, Lei Xu, Huisheng Chi:
Improved learning algorithms for mixture of experts in multiclass classification.
- Wenxin Jiang, Martin A. Tanner:
On the identifiability of mixtures-of-experts.
- Marilyn Lougher Vaughn:
Derivation of the multilayer perceptron weight constraints for direct network interpretation and knowledge discovery.
- Necati Aras, B. John Oommen, I. Kuban Altinel:
The Kohonen network incorporating explicit statistics and its application to the travelling salesman problem.
- Sagar V. Kamarthi, Stefan Pittner:
Accelerating neural network training using weight extrapolations.
- Jaesoo Kim, Nikola K. Kasabov:
HyFIS: adaptive neuro-fuzzy inference systems and their application to nonlinear dynamical systems.
- Myron E. Hohil, Derong Liu, Stanley H. Smith:
Solving the N-bit parity problem using neural networks.
- Markus Lappe, Antje Grigo:
How stereovision interacts with optic flow perception: neural mechanisms.
Volume 12, Number 10, December 1999
Last update Sat May 18 20:49:05 2013
CET by the DBLP Team — Data released under the ODC-BY 1.0 license — See also our legal information page
- Danilo P. Mandic, Jonathon A. Chambers:
Exploiting inherent relationships in RNN architectures.
- Koichiro Yamauchi, Mikiya Oota, Naohiro Ishii:
A self-supervised learning system for pattern recognition by sensory integration.
- Kuniharu Arai, Sanjoy Das, Edward L. Keller, Eitaro Aiyoshi:
A distributed model of the saccade system: simulations of temporally perturbed saccades using position and velocity feedback.
- Bruno Crespi:
Storage capacity of non-monotonic neurons.
- Pei Ling Lai, Colin Fyfe:
A neural implementation of canonical correlation analysis.
- Yong Liu, Xin Yao:
Ensemble learning via negative correlation.
- Dirk Ormoneit:
A regularization approach to continuous learning with an application to financial derivatives pricing.
- Giorgio Metta, Giulio Sandini, Jurgen Konczak:
A developmental approach to visually-guided reaching in artificial systems.
- Rajat K. De, Jayanta Basak, Sankar K. Pal:
Neuro-fuzzy feature evaluation with theoretical analysis.