Volume 44, Number 1, January 2010
Workshop summary -- hot topics in storage and file systems
Workshop on power aware computing and systems (HotPower '09)
- Jacob Strauss, Chris Lesniewski-Laas, Justin Mazzola Paluska, Bryan Ford, Robert Morris, M. Frans Kaashoek:
Device transparency: a new model for mobile storage.
- Samer Al-Kiswany, Abdullah Gharaibeh, Matei Ripeanu:
The case for a versatile storage system.
- Kimberly Keeton, Charles B. Morrey III, Craig A. N. Soules, Alistair C. Veitch:
LazyBase: freshness vs. performance in information management.
- David Boutcher, Abhishek Chandra:
Does virtualization make disk scheduling passé?
- Swaminathan Sundararaman, Sriram Subramanian, Abhishek Rajimwale, Andrea C. Arpaci-Dusseau, Remzi H. Arpaci-Dusseau, Michael M. Swift:
Why panic()?: improving reliability with restartable file systems.
- Saeed Ghanbari, Gokul Soundararajan, Cristiana Amza:
SelfTalk for Dena: query language and runtime support for evaluating system behavior.
- Jorge Guerra, Wendy Belluomini, Joseph S. Glider, Karan Gupta, Himabindu Pucha:
Energy proportionality for storage: impact and feasibility.
- Eric Anderson, Joseph Tucek:
- Paul T. Stanton, Benjamin McKeown, Randal C. Burns, Giuseppe Ateniese:
FastAD: an authenticated directory for billions of objects.
- Peter Desnoyers:
Empirical evaluation of NAND flash memory performance.
- Asim Kadav, Mahesh Balakrishnan, Vijayan Prabhakaran, Dahlia Malkhi:
Differential RAID: rethinking RAID for SSD reliability.
Overview of the second workshop on the analysis of system logs
Best papers from the Brazilian computer society's workshop on operating systems
- Jacob Leverich, Christos Kozyrakis:
On the energy (in)efficiency of Hadoop clusters.
- Aman Kansal, Jie Liu, Abhishek Singh, Ripal Nathuji, Tarek F. Abdelzaher:
Semantic-less coordination of power management and application performance.
- Alexander S. Szalay, Gordon C. Bell, H. Howie Huang, Andreas Terzis, Alainna White:
Low-power amdahl-balanced blades for data intensive computing.
- Byung-Gon Chun, Gianluca Iannaccone, Giuseppe Iannaccone, Randy H. Katz, Gunho Lee, Luca Niccolini:
An energy case for hybrid datacenters.
Volume 44, Number 2, April 2010 Programming models
Applications and services
Monitoring and repair
Volume 44, Number 3, July 2010 Special topic:
systems work at Akamai technologies
Best papers from feedback control implementation and design in computing systems and networks (FeBID 2010)
- Sara Bouchenak, Éric Rutten:
Summary of the 5th international workshop on feedback control implementation and design in computing systems and networks (FeBID 2010).
- Zhikui Wang, Niraj Tolia, Cullen Bash:
Opportunities and challenges to unify workload, power, and cooling management in data centers.
- Jean Arnaud:
Automated control of internet services.
- Anne-Marie Alt, Daniel Simon:
Control strategies for H.264 video decoding under resources constraints.
- Luc Malrait:
QoS-oriented control of server systems.
- Shlomi Dolev, Reuven Yagel:
Stabilizing trust and reputation for self-stabilizing efficient hosts in spite of byzantine guests.
- Benjamin Poirier, Robert Roy, Michel Dagenais:
Accurate offline synchronization of distributed traces using kernel-level events.
- Asia Slowinska, Herbert Bos:
Pointer tainting still pointless: (but we all see the point of tainting).
- Paul E. McKenney, Maged M. Michael, Josh Triplett, Jonathan Walpole:
Why the grass may not be greener on the other side: a comparison of locking vs. transactional memory.
- Josh Triplett, Paul E. McKenney, Jonathan Walpole:
Scalable concurrent hash tables via relativistic programming.
- Wenjin Hu, Tao Yang, Jeanna Neefe Matthews:
The good, the bad and the ugly of consumer cloud storage.
Volume 44, Number 4, December 2010 Systems Work at VMware
Other Applications of virtualization
Last update Sat May 25 21:02:58 2013
CET by the DBLP Team — Data released under the ODC-BY 1.0 license — See also our legal information page