Volume 9, Number 1, January 1998
- Robert L. Coultrip:
A CMOS binary pattern classifier based on Parzen's method.
- Sheng Ma, Chuanyi Ji:
Fast training of recurrent networks based on the EM algorithm.
- J. R. Noriega, Hong Wang:
A direct adaptive neural-network control for unknown nonlinear systems and its application.
- Friedrich Leisch, Lakhmi C. Jain, Kurt Hornik:
Cross-validation with active pattern selection for neural-network classifiers.
- David Burshtein:
Long-term attraction in higher order neural networks.
- Abraham Schultz, Harry Wechsler:
A discrete dynamics model for synchronization of pulse-coupled oscillators.
- Tianping Chen, Yingbo Hua, Wei-Yong Yan:
Global convergence of Oja's subspace algorithm for principal component extraction.
- Ali A. Ghorbani, Virendra C. Bhavsar:
Incremental communication for multilayer neural networks: error analysis.
- Yan-Qing Zhang, Abraham Kandel:
Compensatory neurofuzzy systems with fast learning algorithms.
- Y. Matsuyama:
Multiple descent cost competition: restorable self-organization and multimedia information processing.
- Zied Malouche, Odile Macchi:
Adaptive unsupervised extraction of one component of a linear mixture with a single neuron.
- Manuel Fernández Delgado, Senén Barro:
MART: a multichannel ART-based neural network.
- LiMin Fu:
Learning in certainty-factor-based multilayer neural networks for classification.
- Jonathan S. Kane:
A smart pixel-based feedforward neural network.
- E. C. Malthouse:
Limitations of nonlinear PCA as performed with generic neural networks.
- Claudia Diamantini, Arnaldo Spalvieri:
Quantizing for minimum average misclassification risk.
- Jun Wang, Youshen Xia:
Analysis and design of primal-dual assignment networks.
- Michael J. Healy, Thomas P. Caudell:
Guaranteed two-pass convergence for supervised and inferential learning.
- S. Sidney Fels, Geoffrey E. Hinton:
Glove-TalkII-a neural-network interface which maps gestures to parallel formant speech synthesizer controls.
- Blake LeBaron, Andreas S. Weigend:
A bootstrap evaluation of the effect of data splitting on financial time series.
- Hou Chunhai, Qian Jixin:
Stability analysis for neural dynamics with time-varying delays.
- Guang-Bin Huang, Haroon A. Babri:
Upper bounds on the number of hidden neurons in feedforward networks with arbitrary bounded nonlinear activation functions.
- Howard C. Card:
Doubly stochastic Poisson processes in artificial neural learning.
- Khashayar Pakdaman, C. P. Malta:
A note on convergence under dynamical thresholds with delays.
- S. Das:
Elements Of Artificial Neural Networks [Book Reviews].
Volume 9, Number 2, March 1998
- Angelo Bernardini, Silvia De Fina:
Optimal decision boundaries for M-QAM signal formats using neural classifiers.
- Adam Krzyzak, Tamás Linder:
Radial basis function networks and complexity regularization in function learning.
- Robert Rae, Helge Ritter:
Recognition of human head orientation based on artificial neural networks.
- Jen-Lun Yuan, Terrence L. Fine:
Neural-network design for small training sets of high dimension.
- Gerhard X. Ritter, Peter Sussner, Juan Luis Díaz-de-León S.:
Morphological associative memories.
- Yi-Jen Wang, Chin-Teng Lin:
Runge-Kutta neural network for identification of dynamical systems in high accuracy.
- Lu Yingwei, N. Sundararajan, P. Saratchandran:
Performance evaluation of a sequential minimal radial basis function (RBF) neural network learning algorithm.
- Chanchal Chatterjee, Vwani P. Roychowdhury, Edwin K. P. Chong:
On relative convergence properties of principal component analysis algorithms.
- D. Martinez:
Neural tree density estimation for novelty detection.
- B. Ph. Van Milligen, V. Tribaldos, J. A. Jimenez, Carlos Santa Cruz:
Comments on "Accelerated learning algorithm for multilayer perceptrons: optimization layer by layer".
- Yong Gao, Xiaofeng Qi, Francesco Palmieri:
Comments on "Theoretical analysis of evolutionary algorithms with an infinite population size in continuous space. I. Basic properties of selection and mutation" [and reply].
- Xiaofeng Qi, Francesco Palmieri:
Volume 9, Number 3, May 1998
- F. Shiratani, K. Yamamoto:
Deterministic annealing techniques for a discrete-time neural-network updating in a block-sequential mode.
- M. K. Sudareshan, T. A. Condarcure:
Recurrent neural-network training by a learning automaton approach for trajectory learning and control system design.
- Hee-Heon Song, Seong-Whan Lee:
A self-organizing neural tree for large-set pattern classification.
- Renato De Leone, Rosario Capparuccia, Emanuela Merelli:
A successive overrelaxation backpropagation algorithm for neural-network training.
- J. I. Khan:
Characteristics of multidimensional holographic associative memory in retrieval with dynamically localizable attention.
- Songwu Lu, T. Basar:
Robust nonlinear system identification using neural-network models.
- Ki H. Chon, Niels-Henrik Holstein-Rathlou, D. J. Marsh, V. Z. Marmarelis:
Comparative nonlinear modeling of renal autoregulation in rats: Volterra approach versus artificial neural networks.
- Konstantinos I. Diamantaras, Michael G. Strintzis:
Neural classifiers using one-time updating.
- G. Zhou, J. Si:
Advanced neural-network training algorithm with reduced complexity based on Jacobian deficiency.
- Xi Miao, Mahmood R. Azimi-Sadjadi, Bin Tan, A. C. Dubey, N. H. Witherspoon:
Detection of mines and minelike targets using principal component and neural-network methods.
- Yocheved Dotan, Nathan Intrator:
Multimodality exploration by an unsupervised projection pursuit neural network.
- Scott Weaver, Leemon Baird, Marios M. Polycarpou:
An analytical framework for local feedforward networks.
- V. Chandrasekaran, Zhi-Qiang Liu:
Topology constraint free fuzzy gated neural networks for pattern recognition.
- C. Amerijckx, Michel Verleysen, Philippe Thissen, Jean-Didier Legat:
Image compression by self-organized Kohonen map.
- D. A. Miller, J. M. Zurada:
A dynamical system perspective of structural learning with forgetting.
- P. P. Raghu, B. Yegnanarayana:
Supervised texture classification using a probabilistic neural network and constraint satisfaction model.
- P. S. Linsay, DeLiang L. Wang:
Fast numerical integration of relaxation oscillator networks based on singular limit solutions.
- Catherine Z. W. Hassell Sweatman, Bernard Mulgrew, Gavin J. Gibson:
Two algorithms for neural-network design and training with application to channel equalization.
- T. Frank, Karl-Friedrich Kraiss, Torsten Kuhlen:
Comparative analysis of fuzzy ART and ART-2A network clustering performance.
- George Bebis, Michael Georgiopoulos, Niels da Vitoria Lobo:
Using self-organizing maps to learn geometric hash functions for model-based object recognition.
- Marco Gori, Marco Maggini, Enrico Martinelli, Giovanni Soda:
Inductive inference from noisy examples using the hybrid finite state filter.
- Berthold Ruf, Michael Schmitt:
Self-organization of spiking neurons using action potential timing.
Volume 9, Number 4, July 1998
- C. Kwan, Frank L. Lewis, Darren M. Dawson:
Robust neural-network control of rigid-link electrically driven robots.
- Rafael B. Fierro, Frank L. Lewis:
Control of a nonholonomic mobile robot using neural networks.
- Witold Pedrycz:
Conditional fuzzy clustering in the design of radial basis function neural networks.
- Rüdiger W. Brause, M. Rippl:
Noise suppressing sensor encoding and neural signal orthonormalization.
- Marcelo C. M. Teixeira, Stanislaw H. Zak:
Analog neural nonderivative optimizers.
- Dirk Ormoneit, Volker Tresp:
Averaging, maximum penalized likelihood and Bayesian estimation for improving Gaussian mixture probability density estimates.
- Antonio C. Ruiz, David H. Owens, Stuart Townley:
Existence, learning, and replication of periodic motions in recurrent neural networks.
- Nick K. Treadgold, Tamás D. Gedeon:
Simulated annealing and weight decay in adaptive learning: the SARPROP algorithm.
- Seán F. McLoone, M. D. Brown, George W. Irwin, Gordon Lightbody:
A hybrid linear/nonlinear training algorithm for feedforward neural networks.
- Claus Nebauer:
Evaluation of convolutional neural networks for visual recognition.
- L. Wang:
Effects of noise in training patterns on the memory capacity of the fully connected binary Hopfield neural network: mean-field theory and simulations.
- Friedrich T. Sommer, Peter Dayan:
Bayesian retrieval in associative memories with storage errors.
- Guang-Bin Huang, Haroon A. Babri:
Comments on "Approximation capability in C(Rn) by multilayer feedforward networks and related problems".
- Lipo Wang, Kate Smith:
On chaotic simulated annealing.
- Oh Jun Kwon, Sung Yang Bang, Günhan Dündar, K. Rose:
Comments on "The effects of quantization on multilayer neural networks" [and reply].
- Günhan Dündar, K. Rose:
Volume 9, Number 5, September 1998
- C. Lee Giles, R. Sun, J. M. Zurada:
Neural Networks And Hybrid Intelligent Models: Foundations, Theory, And Applications.
- Andrea Baraldi, Palma Blonda, F. Parmiggiani, Guido Pasquariello, Giuseppe Satalino:
Model transitions in descending FLVQ.
- Samuel W. K. Chan, James Franklin:
Symbolic connectionism in natural language disambiguation.
- Wael A. Farag, Victor H. Quintana, Germano Lambert-Torres:
A genetic-based neuro-fuzzy approach for modeling and control of dynamical systems.
- Paolo Frasconi, Marco Gori, Alessandro Sperduti:
A general framework for adaptive processing of data structures.
- LiMin Fu:
A neural-network model for learning domain rules based on its activation function characteristics.
- Jérôme Kodjabachian, Jean-Arcady Meyer:
Evolution and development of neural controllers for locomotion, gradient-following, and obstacle-avoidance in artificial insects.
- M. Kubat:
Decision trees can initialize radial-basis function networks.
- Rajeev Kumar, Peter Rockett:
Multiobjective genetic algorithm partitioning for hierarchical learning of high-dimensional pattern spaces: a learning-follows-decomposition strategy.
- Ricardo José Machado, Valmir C. Barbosa, Paulo Alexandre Neves:
Learning in the combinatorial neural model.
- M. Meneganti, F. S. Saviello, Roberto Tagliaferri:
Fuzzy neural networks for classification and detection of anomalies.
- Vassilios Petridis, E. Paterakis, Athanasios Kehagias:
A hybrid neural-genetic multimodel parameter estimation algorithm.
- Vassilios Petridis, Vassilis G. Kaburlasos:
Fuzzy lattice neural network (FLNN): a hybrid model for learning.
- Dipti Deodhare, M. Vidyasagar, S. Sathiya Keerthi:
Synthesis of fault-tolerant feedforward neural networks using minimax optimization.
- Jui-Cheng Yen, Jiun-In Guo, Hun-Chen Chen:
A new k-winners-take-all neural network and its array architecture.
- Soumitra Das, Oluseyi Olurotimi:
Noisy recurrent neural networks: the continuous-time case.
- Oluseyi Olurotimi, Soumitra Das:
Noisy recurrent neural networks: the discrete-time case.
- Zhihong Man, Hong Ren Wu, Marimuthu Palaniswami:
An adaptive tracking controller using neural networks for a class of nonlinear systems.
- Fuchun Sun, Zengqi Sun, Peng-Yung Woo:
Stable neural-network-based adaptive control for sampled-data nonlinear systems.
- V. E. Maiorov, R. S. Meir:
Approximation bounds for smooth functions in C(Rd) by neural and mixture networks.
- Louiza Sellami, Robert W. Newcomb:
An inverse Hollis-Paulos artificial neural network.
- Isaac E. Lagaris, Aristidis Likas, Dimitrios I. Fotiadis:
Artificial neural networks for solving ordinary and partial differential equations.
- J. A. Farrell:
On performance evaluation in online approximation for control.
- J. A. Farrell:
Stability and approximator convergence in nonparametric nonlinear adaptive control.
- Torbjørn Eltoft, Rui J. P. deFigueiredo:
A new neural network for cluster-detection-and-labeling.
- Stamatios V. Kartalopoulos:
An associative RAM-based CAM and its application to broadband communications systems.
- Xiaofeng Liao, Juebang Yu:
Robust stability for interval Hopfield neural networks with time delay.
- Chun-Liang Lin:
Control of perturbed systems using neural networks.
- Marco Gori, Ah Chung Tsoi:
Comments on local minima free conditions in multilayer perceptrons.
- Richard S. Sutton, Andrew G. Barto:
Reinforcement Learning: An Introduction.
- J. A. Anderson, E. Rosenfield:
Talking Nets: An Oral History Of Neural Networks.
Volume 9, Number 6, November 1998
Last update Thu May 23 19:40:44 2013
CET by the DBLP Team — Data released under the ODC-BY 1.0 license — See also our legal information page
- Alan B. Tickle, Robert Andrews, Mostefa Golea, Joachim Diederich:
The truth will come to light: directions and challenges in extracting the knowledge embedded within trained artificial neural networks.
- Claudio Turchetti, Massimo Conti, Paolo Crippa, Simone Orcioni:
On the approximation of stochastic processes by approximate identity neural networks.
- Marco Gori, Franco Scarselli, Ah Chung Tsoi:
On the closure of the set of functions that can be realized by a given multilayer perceptron.
- Guoyin Wang, Hongbao Shi:
TMLNN: triple-valued or multiple-valued logic neural network.
- Sorin Cotofana, Stamatis Vassiliadis:
Periodic symmetric functions, serial addition, and multiplication with neural networks.
- Don R. Hush, Bill G. Horne:
Efficient algorithms for function approximation with piecewise linear sigmoidal networks.
- Nikhil R. Pal, Vijay K. Eluri:
Two efficient connectionist schemes for structure preserving dimensionality reduction.
- Andrew R. Webb, Simon Shannon:
Shape-adaptive radial basis functions.
- Benedito Dias Baptista F. Filho, Eduardo Lobo Lustosa Cabral, Adalberto Jose Soares:
A new approach to artificial neural networks.
- Steven Young, Tom Downs:
CARVE-a constructive algorithm for real-valued examples.
- Haruhisa Takahashi, Hanzhong Gu:
A tight bound on concept learning.
- Mohua Banerjee, Sushmita Mitra, Sankar K. Pal:
Rough fuzzy MLP: knowledge encoding and classification.
- Ron Sun, Todd Peterson:
Autonomous learning of sequential tasks: experiments and analyses.
- W. C. Chu, N. K. Bose:
Vector quantization of neural networks.
- Jean Pierre Delmas, Jean-François Cardoso:
Asymptotic distributions associated to Oja's learning equation for neural networks.
- Clifford Sze-Tsan Choy, Wan-Chi Siu:
A class of competitive learning models which avoids neuron underutilization problem.
- Karin Haese:
Self-organizing feature maps with self-adjusting learning parameters.
- Dietmar Heinke, Fred Henrik Hamker:
Comparing neural networks: a benchmark on growing neural gas, growing cell structures, and fuzzy ARTMAP.
- Gangsheng Wang, Nirwan Ansari:
Searching for optimal frame patterns in an integrated TDMA communication system using mean field annealing.
- Kate A. Smith, Marimuthu Palaniswami, M. Krishnamoorthy:
Neural techniques for combinatorial optimization with applications.
- Satoshi Matsuda:
"Optimal" Hopfield network for combinatorial optimization with linear cost function.
- Youshen Xia, Jun Wang:
A general methodology for designing globally convergent optimization neural networks.
- María José Pérez-Ilzarbe:
Convergence analysis of a discrete-time recurrent neural network to perform quadratic real optimization with bound constraints.
- Sven Behnke, Nicolaos B. Karayiannis:
Competitive neural trees for pattern classification.
- Carlos Santa Cruz, José R. Dorronsoro:
A nonlinear discriminant algorithm for feature extraction and data classification.
- Si Wu, K. Y. Michael Wong:
Dynamic overload control for distributed call processors using the neural network method.
- Thomas Parisini, Riccardo Zoppoli:
Neural approximations for infinite-horizon optimal control of nonlinear stochastic systems.
- Shouling He, Konrad Reif, Rolf Unbehauen:
A neural approach for control of nonlinear systems with feedback linearization.
- Suttipan Limanond, Jennie Si:
Neural network-based control design: an LMI approach.
- Sin-Horng Chen, Yuan-Fu Liao:
Modular recurrent neural networks for Mandarin syllable recognition.
- Cheolwoo You, Daesik Hong:
Nonlinear blind equalization schemes using complex-valued multilayer feedforward neural networks.
- Emad W. Saad, Danil V. Prokhorov, Donald C. Wunsch II:
Comparative study of stock trend prediction using time delay, recurrent and probabilistic neural networks.
- Amir B. Geva:
ScaleNet-multiscale neural-network architecture for time series prediction.
- Luigi Raffo, Silvio P. Sabatini, Gian Marco Bo, Giacomo M. Bisio:
Analog VLSI circuits as physical structures for perception in early visual tasks.
- Mark Girolami, Andrzej Cichocki, Shun-ichi Amari:
A common neural-network model for unsupervised exploratory data analysis and independent component analysis.
- Satoshi Yamada, Michio Nakashima, Satoru Shiono:
Reinforcement learning to train a cooperative network with both discrete and continuous output neurons.
- Francisco Javier González-Serrano, Aníbal R. Figueiras-Vidal, Antonio Artés-Rodríguez:
Generalizing CMAC architecture and training.
- R. B. Chinman, J. Ding:
Prediction limit estimation for neural network models.
- Nobuo Funabiki, Junji Kitamichi:
A gradual neural-network algorithm for jointly time-slot/code assignment problems in packet radio networks.
- H. C. Anderson, Ahmad Lotfi, L. C. Westphal, J. R. Jang:
Comments on "Functional equivalence between radial basis function networks and fuzzy inference systems" [and reply].
- Jyh-Shing Roger Jang:
- Andrea Baraldi, Palma Blonda, F. Parmiggiani, Guido Pasquariello, Giuseppe Satalino:
Errata to "Model Transitions in Descending FLVQ".
- Krzysztof J. Cios, Witold Pedrycz, Roman W. Swiniarski:
Data Mining Methods for Knowledge Discovery.